Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

The EX-10 does offer a hardwire option as well as FM modulation. It has a 1/8" stereo plug output, and will also stream A2P stereo music off the blackberry including pandora or slacker radio.

I know the bt interface isnt the greatest, but personally I just use my phone to dial no matter what bt solution I have. I'm not going to scroll through the phonebook on the dash.

Let me look as the older threads.

I wish there was a better way to organize files with the ACM. Esp on cars with a nav screen. Portable hard drives are REAL cheap these days, as are 32gb flash drives. But there's no way to organize a music collection in much of a useable form on them when all you get is disc and track number.

EDIT: Ok I looked at those soundgate devices, they are simply fm modulators. Nothing More. The only hardwired way into the head unit is the ACM. Unless I can cook something up to be used with an external player.
Let me look at the schematics again...

EDIT: Ok final edit. IF you want an aux in into the radio, without opening the radio, you NEED the ACM. Not only is the CD changer completely Opitcal fiber, but so is the connection between the radio and the amp. It's really a case of gut it all or keep it all. There is no audio output used from the head unit even.

No wonder the ACM costs as much as it does, considering it's got a bunch of A/D converters in it, besides the rest of the hardware.

George

Last edited by androulakis; 02-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the NAVI system should have a TV possibility it would probably be possible to get a video-in feed through the system. In that case I would love to have a ZuneHD TV-in interface. If it would be possible, I think it would be the best solution for the highly under-used screen.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Google Nav-Tv. It's possible and been done. Comes with a tv tuner and Aux video inputs but it's pricey.

George

Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 PM
jya
Received 158 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Australian Delivery STR Door Speaker Wiring Code.

Originally Posted by ndy4eva
I found this on the net. Is this correct?

2003 Jaguar S-Type Car Stereo Wiring Schematic
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Green/Black
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Black/Pink
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black/Violet
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2003-jag...ing-schematic/

Since I couldn't find any wiring harness, I'll be cutting the wires and connect them directly to stereo harness.
Thanks,
I don't know how far you boys got with checking wheather the above speaker wiring colours were correct from this site but for my Aussie delivered STR, and I assume most of the S range, they are as follows for anyone who needs them.........

LFront (-): Yellow/Black
LFront (+): White/Black

RFront (-): Yellow/Red
RFront (+): White/Red

LRear (-): Yellow
LRear (+): White/Blue

RRear (-): Yellow
RRear (+): White

Old 04-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by jya
I don't know how far you boys got with checking wheather the above speaker wiring colours were correct from this site but for my Aussie delivered STR, and I assume most of the S range, they are as follows for anyone who needs them.........

LFront (-): Yellow/Black
LFront (+): White/Black

RFront (-): Yellow/Red
RFront (+): White/Red

LRear (-): Yellow
LRear (+): White/Blue

RRear (-): Yellow
RRear (+): White

i agree with the above

Last edited by magnificus; 04-04-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:16 PM

-Related to this topic:

I hooked up my amps using High level input. I ran the wires through the along with the rear speaker cables straight into the doors and hooked the Amp's input cables straight to the factory speakers. It is easier that to take out the whole deck and ru the wires all the way to the front; However, and this is my question:

IS THERE A WAY TO HOOK UP THE REMOTE WIRE(AMP TRIGGER) SOMEWHERE IN THE BACk? I was thinking of the CD Changer which should have a remote(trigger wire). But I can't find an electrical Diagram for the CD Changer, nor the wire configuration. Does anyone have that diagram? Or Does anyone have another solution for this issue?

PLEASE HELP!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

magnificus,
I PM'ed you....

Old 04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Here are downloadable electrical reference volumes for every Jag of interest - don't get intimidated by them, theres a LOT of information. The diagrams for the Entertainment systems are all towards the end.

http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co..._Reference.htm

From this diagram, it appears as if the 03 S type uses fiber optic for passing audio signals from one unit to another.

Last edited by QuadManiac; 04-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gumballslinger
These kits mentioned (from ebay) are for the non-alpine stereos. Any suggestions for the alpine versions? Thanks.
I was looking through the thread and I didnt see anyone reply to this question (that or I'm blind)

Is there a harness out there for us or am I going to have to hardwire my new stereo?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TyS-Type
I was looking through the thread and I didnt see anyone reply to this question (that or I'm blind)

Is there a harness out there for us or am I going to have to hardwire my new stereo?
I used the parrot wiring harness. You can easily purchase it from eBay.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Even for those of us with the Alpine systems?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by TyS-Type
Even for those of us with the Alpine systems?
The parrot wiring harness is the one connects to car's connector. You need to wire parrot harness to alpine harness (that came with your head unit).

Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow after I get the car from the body shop.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:31 PM

If anyone is still looking at this thread, I could use some help.
In my 07STR, i have taken out the carpet in trunk. Can see the battery, fuse box, and the cd changer and amp setup. I have the premium alpine with nav system of course.

I wanted to try an experiment, wondered if it is possible to grab the sub out wires coming out of the amp and try to run them to my boxed subs instead?? which wires coming out of the amp would the sub wires be? there seems to be 2 thicker wires coming out of the amp and i thought those could be for the sub??

if the stock amp does not do a good job powering the aftermarket subs, I was then going to install my aftermarket amp in the trunk. I was thinking I could just run power and ground to the amp from the battery and chassis there in the trunk easy enough, but then WHICH WIRES coming out of the stock amp would be good to use for high level inputs into the new amp? is it possible to run the stock sub wires coming out of the amp over to my other amp as low level inputs?? or should i grab a door speaker wire coming out of the stock amp and run it to the new amp as high level inputs?? please help me understand which wires are coming out of the back of the stock amp thanks

Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM

fyi, the stock amp did not do a good job powering dual 10 inch subs, so i ran wires from the stock amp sub out lines to the inputs of a new amp, hooked up thr amp to battery and chassis, and set the amp to power on when audio signal is received thus no need for remote turn on wire.. and wow it sounds awesome.. no problems with stock amp and stock subs they are still working just fine. i think i tapped into the stock sub out wires from the stock amp.. and ran those into the new amp, i do not hear a difference when selecting high or low input level on the new amp, so i left it at high level input, seems to work just fine.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:11 PM

I'm desperate my wire harness was already cut out I bought the one from Metra and I have a new stereo trying to put in I need the wiring colors I've spent a lot please help

Old 02-02-2017, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica Leyba
I'm desperate my wire harness was already cut out I bought the one from Metra and I have a new stereo trying to put in I need the wiring colors I've spent a lot please help
Here you go. Hope this helps you out.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S-Type 2003 Elec Guide.pdf (4.40 MB, 670 views)