Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)

Old 04-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

As far a schedule goes: I'll run this latest incarnation for about two seeks in my car and build some more in the mean time. Then I'll send the devices to the testers - it will probably take another month to gauge if most wrinkles have been ironed out. So if all goes well I'll open it up for more orders around mid summer.

The following users liked this post:
anindyam (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Hurry up, gosh darnit! I can't wait until mid summer!

sicelo (04-23-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by anindyam
Hurry up, gosh darnit! I can't wait until mid summer!
DITTO!!!!!!!! Mannnn I'll take it with bugs & all right now!!! Hahaha

sicelo (04-23-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:01 PM

Getting ready to expand the offering. Forum members would receive a special price of $299 + shipping (Continental US shipping should be less than $10, other places vary quite a bit).

Please fill this form if you would be interested in this offer:
http://goo.gl/forms/A5HUrBLLoR

I would offer full refund (less the shipping) if you are unhappy with the performance of the device for 90 days - just send the device pack to me.

One year repair warranty. If I'm unable to repair the device you will get a refund even if 90 days have passed. After one year, I would continue to support all customers, but that is on a best effort basis.

I have very limited production capacity, so from the registered users I would randomly select batches of 5 per week. You are not required to pay for the device until I have one ready for you to ship.

Production would start mid or end of June - depending on how I fare after my surgery.

The following 2 users liked this post by veffremov:
Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas (08-31-2015), Zazzy (11-01-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Good luck on your surgery!

veffremov (05-19-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I want to volunteer.

I guess its too late .

Just saw this

Old 05-21-2015, 01:03 PM

Well, the beat test is over, now taking regular orders - fill the form:
http://goo.gl/forms/A5HUrBLLoR

See post #44 for details and don't be shy to ask questions.

Last edited by veffremov; 05-21-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by veffremov
don't be shy to ask questions.
I can tell you, he sincerely means this!!! Great help!..

Old 05-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

Hi I'm realy keen on this device! However i would rather wait if your future plans include RCA in and out , if this could be done then I would be happy to pay the extra cost ! I am using an accesses bluetooth unit now witch is very good but not as mutch volume as radio/cd but quiet clear it manualy switches off the fm airial to the sterio and replaces it with fm modulated input to the sterio , I'm also running an amp and sub parallel off the parcel tray subs at the moment and would love to tidy that up with RCA .

BlacXJRcat (08-28-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Default Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)

VEFFREMOV IS A FARKIN GENIUS!!! I a/b'd it with a CD (same track, same audio settings) & I really could not hear any differences!!! & it was/is a breeze to hook up. Mind you, I do not have a CD CHANGER, so I'm saying that to say it's literally plug & play! You do NOT have to go to the dealer to get them to activate anything!..

Mannnn thanks is such a small word!!!

Old 06-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Can someone explain how this is actually working? :O) Not the tech....But what controls what? Im just not seeing how the factory CD controllers will be working with my phone with the limitations the factory head unit has.

THANKS!

Old 06-04-2015, 03:05 PM

The Rew/Skip buttons work like norm on the wheel as well as on the screen; Play/Pause on the screen works,,,,,, technically, it literally works like a CD. if you're using navigation, it pauses the music when it talks, then resumes etc... (Not repeat &/or mix)

Last edited by Marque; 06-04-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Received 150 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Finally - A Hi quality streaming solution for Jaguars Flagship Car!

Originally Posted by Marque
VEFFREMOV IS A FARKIN GENIUS!!! I a/b'd it with a CD (same track, same audio settings) & I really could not hear any differences!!! & it was/is a breeze to hook up. Mind you, I do not have a CD CHANGER, so I'm saying that to say it's literally plug & play! You do NOT have to go to the dealer to get them to activate anything!..

Mannnn thanks is such a small word!!!
Marque - Thanks! I am soooo happy to hear you got this working - especially in light of the fact that I have the same setup as you (Navigation, no CD Changer, No Jaguar Voice)

You have provided all the proof of concept I need - I have an order in for the next batch! Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be in the same place you are now!

Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blairware
Marque - Thanks! I am soooo happy to hear you got this working - especially in light of the fact that I have the same setup as you (Navigation, no CD Changer, No Jaguar Voice)

You have provided all the proof of concept I need - I have an order in for the next batch! Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be in the same place you are now!
Yeah man, it's great! Exactly like having a CD CHANGER basically, less the "Repeat & Mix" buttons via the screen. All else works perfectly. You should have the loop by Monday. I made part of it easy for you, as the loop is already ready to be connected. Just pull the existing loop out the PHONE BT module, remove the "left" side (in/2) plug in the new loop; take the loop you pulled from the BT module, & just stick out in the empty slot that is already ready for you. Plug'eim in, & that's it. Very simple...

I literally just road around yesterday enjoying music, thanks to Veffremov!..

Old 06-06-2015, 12:19 AM

I made a video of some of the functions. (Not the install) just having a Lil fun. again, tonite, I road around with the wife good almost 4 hrs just listening to music.

#Veffremov
#ThaMan
#VenBox
#Jaguar
#Flexing

Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas (08-31-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Default Private Video

I made a video of some of the functions. (Not the install) just having a Lil fun. again, tonite, I road around with the wife good almost 4 hrs just listening to music.

#Veffremov
#ThaMan
#VenBox
#Jaguar
#Flexing

CHK IT OUT...
Marque: I think you may need to check permissions on the video. It links to YouTube but says the video is private! I for one would love a preview of what I am going to have come the next batch being ready.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blairware
Marque: I think you may need to check permissions on the video. It links to YouTube but says the video is private! I for one would love a preview of what I am going to have come the next batch being ready.
I just fixed it; it used to work when I'd post the link on a private video, but I see now it's different. is public now tho. Thanks for making me aware of that!..

Old 06-09-2015, 12:35 PM

I just fixed it; it used to work when I'd post the link on a private video, but I see now it's different. is public now tho. Thanks for making me aware of that!..

Video is now working and gives us a great idea of how truly easy this is to use once set up. Couple questions: In your video you show the skip back feature, but I don't think I saw you skip forward. I am not worried about it at all, just curious about the display - does each song look like you skipped to the next disk in the changer? I feel like I saw that somewhere.

For Veffremov:

I see in the photos of the device a 16 Gb Micro SD card - My question is regarding it's purpose - will it be able to store music files, or is it instead a storage device for the modules firmware / OS? Or could it potentially do both with a separate partition for data?Or is it even on the production models; I figure the pics you posted were one of the early devices you fabricated, so maybe it's no longer there?

In any case I am axiously awaiting my build. Can. Not. Wait.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:08 PM

Hey John, all the functions work the same with the exception of "Repeat & Mix".. & of course you can't "rewind or fast forward" but back & skip is as normal...

Old 06-09-2015, 02:30 PM

The device emulates a cd changed with only one disk inserted in disk1 and "unlimited" tracks.

When you press "pause" or switch to another audio source - like FM, the device would send a "Pause" command to the phone - so the phone would stop playing if it was playing anything.

In similar way when you press "play" - it sends a "play" command to the phone. Now here YMMV: iPhones are quite smart and start playing whatever you had playing last, on Android you sometimes get surprising things like "I don't know what you are talking about"; "Ok, I'm going to start playing music from your library - even though you were listening to radio 20 minutes ago"; the Android confusion happens on the first play command - once you have started something that plays what you wanted it to play the play/pause combo is pretty reliable.

There are two other commends that are recognized from the CDC-UI and sent to the phone - the previous and next track commands. Depending what app you are using these may or may not make sense: for example if you are listening to live radio "next track" would not make sense - since it is live. Another example is Pandora: it recognizes the "next track" command but politely ignores the "previous track" command.

If you are playing music from your mp3 collection for example previous and next track commands both work. The "previous track" command has 2 functions, if issued in the beginning of the song (less than 10 seconds) it switches to the previous song in the play-list. If issued in the middle of the song - it re-starts the song from the beginning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)