Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Functionality questions

This looks interesting. Some questions on functionality.

I see most of the comments about streaming music. What about other audio apps? I see one comment about iHeart radio - that works as well? How about podcasts? I would assume so, as these are just other forms of stored digital audio files.

More importantly, I use a MapQuest app for directions. On my iPhone this will "dim" whatever audio is playing and provide the turn-by-turn direction info, would this work similarly over the Bluetooth adapter?

Likewise, I have a Cobra radar detector app that provides warnings over the phone audio, would this also work?

Lastly, what is the price that you are asking for this setup? I already sunk over $600 for the ACM setup, then switched to iPhone 6 and the stupid connector doesn't fit (freakin' Apple *******s). All of those questions that I asked work via the ACM setup. I wouldn't want to lose them.

Thanks.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit

Yes to all your questions; the phone works as it works, so it doesn't matter that it's Bluetooth (other than the fact that it's better!) :-D

The following users liked this post:
veffremov (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

I personally have not tried all the apps you listed. Google maps works on my phone, but YMMV. I offer 90 day returns. If you don't like how it performs send it back and I'll refund the purchase price (less the shipping).

Old 07-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts

I find it very hard to believe that anyone would not absolutly love this box!! Especially owners of ACM's.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mark in Maine
I find it very hard to believe that anyone would not absolutly love this box!! Especially owners of ACM's.
Eggzacly!..

Old 07-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 225 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Brilliant!

As everyone else has said its brilliant!

Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit-veffremov-covered.jpg

Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I but this kit?

I have a 2005 XJR and want to be able to use my iPhone and bluetooth stream music and answer phone calls...if this module does that..where can I get it?

Old 07-29-2015, 01:15 PM

@Ken, it doesn't do Phone Bluetooth, just audio/media. If you have a Bluetooth earpiece, you could set that to only do Phone & there's your calls...

Old 07-31-2015, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you pair this unit with a Parrot type system so that it would be used for both bluetooth calls and music?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas
This looks interesting. Some questions on functionality.

I see most of the comments about streaming music. What about other audio apps? I see one comment about iHeart radio - that works as well? How about podcasts? I would assume so, as these are just other forms of stored digital audio files.
I'm no expert, but if it plays through the "media" side of your BT audio, and not the "phone" side, you should be good. I don't use iHeart radio, but I do use Pandora, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Doubletwist, and Spotify on my Samsung GS5. And my daughters use iPhones with Spotify and whatever Apple calls their music player. No issues so far.

More importantly, I use a MapQuest app for directions. On my iPhone this will "dim" whatever audio is playing and provide the turn-by-turn direction info, would this work similarly over the Bluetooth adapter?
I use Google Maps and it plays through the "media" side, and I suspect the same is true for Mapquest.

Likewise, I have a Cobra radar detector app that provides warnings over the phone audio, would this also work?

Lastly, what is the price that you are asking for this setup? I already sunk over $600 for the ACM setup, then switched to iPhone 6 and the stupid connector doesn't fit (freakin' Apple *******s). All of those questions that I asked work via the ACM setup. I wouldn't want to lose them.

Thanks.
Take the plunge. Buy the unit, install it in about 30 minutes. Drive around for a while. If you don't like it, return it. If you like it, sell the ACM - you might pay off what you spent on the BT box. The ACM still has a viable market given they aren't easy to come by anymore.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 AM

Your phone can connect to my unit and the parrot at the same time. On your phone you need to tell it not to send music to the Parrot, then phone calls would go to the Parrot and music to my unit.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Griffin
Could you pair this unit with a Parrot type system so that it would be used for both bluetooth calls and music?
I've got BT Phone module in my car, and this BT music streamer in place of my CDC. If I get a call, or make a call, it'll override the BT music box until my call is finished. Then it'll pick up the music where it left off.

I'm not sure using this for music and the Parrot for calls will behave the same way since the Parrot is most likely dialed-in via FM modulator, and you'd need to be running the radio for it to handle your calls. And if you're running the radio, you can't run the BT box.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by veffremov
Your phone can connect to my unit and the parrot at the same time. On your phone you need to tell it not to send music to the Parrot, then phone calls would go to the Parrot and music to my unit.
Ok nevermind my response. As I said I'm no expert, but veffremov is...

Old 07-31-2015, 11:25 AM

Only thing about having an FM transmitter, is that you'll have to change from CDC to radio when you get a call.

Fyi, there's someone here that's selling a phone module for our cars. (I think @Cambo)

Check the classifieds...

Old 07-31-2015, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ken Griffin
I too was confused about this until Marque set me straight in another post. I reconnected my Parrot Mki9100 and they work seamlessly together.
My iPhone pairs simultaneously with both units. When there's a phone call the Parrot takes over. When I'm streaming anything else Vremov's brilliant kit gives me quality sound. I didn't have to tell either unit or my phone what to do, it's like the Parrot knows its main duty is to answer the phone.
You'll be disappointed with the Parrot sound quality for music purposes. It's okay for phone calls.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wings
I too was confused about this until Marque set me straight in another post.
Hence the reason we throw such fits when there's multiple threads started up about,,,,,,,,,, nevermind

Old 07-31-2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by anindyam
Ok nevermind my response. As I said I'm no expert, but veffremov is...
Oh, I'm no expert in these Parrot units, never used one. I've seen a few styles of bluetooth phone "devices", there are the FM modulator kind, which send the signal to an "empty" radio station slot - these would definitely be sub optimal. There are the ones that have a speaker of their own and clip to the visor, or other locations - I was assuming one of those. There are the kind that splice in the audio amplifier output - vexing to install, but would work as well. There is also the Jaguar PSE - that works as well.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by veffremov

I still haven't had anyone tell me how to procure your BT unit, nor the cost.

If you can't post that here, just tell me where I can find out. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:42 PM

Ven, I guess we're just going to have to post this on EVERY thread started since,,,,,,,,,,,, nevermind.

Here it is Rob. Exactly 3 threads in the same forum (Audio & visual) under the current 1 we're in.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ajw...ewform?c=0&w=1

Old 08-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

See if you can get a "purchase BT dongle unit here" pinned thread.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit