Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit

Originally Posted by trosty
See if you can get a "purchase BT dongle unit here" pinned thread.
We'd still more than not, have to put that link in other threads...

Old 08-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Marque, I don't have the DVD changer either and with only the DVD NAV optical connector and bluetooth phone module optical connector in the loop, how did you splice into the optical cable, and what type of loop did you find on ebay?
Thanks, Bob

Old 08-08-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by locorebob
Marque, I don't have the DVD changer either and with only the DVD NAV optical connector and bluetooth phone module optical connector in the loop, how did you splice into the optical cable, and what type of loop did you find on ebay?
Thanks, Bob
HERE'S the REAL thread...Here's the REAL thread on it..

Check around post 40 & go from there.

& just look for D2B fiber optic loop for our cars. (Any jaguar)

Check this out too...

The following users liked this post:
locorebob (08-08-2015)
Old 08-08-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Marque
HERE'S the REAL thread...Here's the REAL thread on it..

Check around post 40 & go from there.
EVERYONE that hasn't, should REALLY read through this main thread...

Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 PM

thanks Marques, I hijacked the NAV DVD fibre link lead to feed the newly installed device from Venelin ( unit # 20 v2 installed ). It works perfectly by selecting CDC from the entertainment cluster on the dash. I also received confirmation from Venelin that until I splice into the D2B loop between the bluetooth phone module and NAV DVD unit, he NAV will not be capable of turn by turn voice prompts until I plug the NAV DVD back into fibre loop. Also, I have a yellow/orange caution light illuminated under the speedo. Interestingly there are no DTC's logged even using AE with Jag module in spite of the caution light on the dash.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:01 PM

You're welcome Bob; just a thought, as he may have some loops left, but you should send H20boy a message & see if he has any left...

Old 08-10-2015, 09:37 AM

just an update post install, the caution light had nothing to do with the NAV DVD missing from the optic loop. It was the parking brake warning after having disconnected the battery. I'm on the hunt for an optic cable and pinged H20boy for an inquiry, Speaking of a ping, I had the volume up to 24 in the Jag and iphone volume turned way down and then nuked the pandora app when I parked. Then 15 seconds after a restart, the BT device delivers a ping and at 24 it was so loud it freaked me out. I checked with Venelin asking for an attenuated ping firmware update and he confirmed the ping is already attenuated 30%. After adjusting iPhone volume to max I found 16-18 on the Jag audio setting is loud enough and the ping is tolerable...although not sure how necessary the ping is other than to confirm initial connectivity.
Here is a optic cable assemble that should render 4 or 5 single cables...
Jaguar Genuine Lead Link C2S7352 | eBay

Old 08-10-2015, 09:46 AM

Yeah, ALWAYS leave your phone/source "media" volume wide open. Not sure why you'd do it any other way. (This is for everyone)

Last edited by Marque; 08-10-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by veffremov
@trosty the kit should have 2 USB cables one long (6ft) and one short(1ft), connect the short cable to the device then the long cable to the short one, finally the end of the long cable is connected to the USB dongle and that is mounted on the rear shelf close to the speakers.

Route the USB cables so you will have easy access where the short cable connects with the long cable. To perform SW update disconnect the long cable from the short cable and plug a USB stick.

I personally let the two USB cable junction hang from the stack and behind the door for easy access. See pic.
Hello,

How do I get one of these? Thank you.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BlacXJRcat
Hello,

How do I get one of these? Thank you.
Read this post https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...3/#post1231364

Fill the form.

The following users liked this post:
BlacXJRcat (08-28-2015)
Old 08-28-2015, 12:40 PM

Thank you Veffremov.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi Folks, I have been fiddling around with FM transmitter but quality is poor. I am on the waiting list for the magic musical box.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by FabCat
hi Folks, I have been fiddling around with FM transmitter but quality is poor. I am on the waiting list for the magic musical box.
Yeah the FM TRANSMITTERS aren't good @all especially once you get 1 of these!..

You're basically/technically listening to MP3 CD's. That's the ONLY difference when it comes to quality, is the fact you're listening to MP3/MP4 files versus CDA files...

Old 08-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Hello,

I installed mine just hours after getting to the post office to pick it up. I am blown away. The sound is great, the usage is smooth with play, pause, and skip buttons, and I dig the girls voice telling me when it is ready. The installation was simple as can be. Thank you Venelin! Very, very impressed!

Steve

Old 08-30-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ControlIssues
Hello,

I installed mine just hours after getting to the post office to pick it up. I am blown away. The sound is great, the usage is smooth with play, pause, and skip buttons, and I dig the girls voice telling me when it is ready. The installation was simple as can be. Thank you Venelin! Very, very impressed!

Steve
No "Issues Controlling" it? Hahaha

Glad to see another happy with the VenBox on'eim!..

Old 09-08-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by veffremov
My car was delivered yesterday and it does not have a CD changer but it does have a DVD player for SATNAV. Does that mean I have fiber optics in the back ready for the Bluetooth adapter?

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:58 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I had the same scenario in my 04 S Type. I used the fiber lead from the SatNav to hook up the Bluetooth device. My Nav disc is an 08 to 09 and is second rate to my phone. Your system will still place you on the map and calculate a route for whatever it is worth, but you will no longer have turn by turn through the audio system. You will need to search for the 12VDC plug, but it was there all bundled up.

Steve

Old 09-09-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by ControlIssues
I had the same scenario in my 04 S Type. I used the fiber lead from the SatNav to hook up the Bluetooth device. My Nav disc is an 08 to 09 and is second rate to my phone. Your system will still place you on the map and calculate a route for whatever it is worth, but you will no longer have turn by turn through the audio system. You will need to search for the 12VDC plug, but it was there all bundled up.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I'm gong to explore adding the fiber optic cable link C2S7352. I'm not sure if this cable will allow me to retain turn by turn and add the Bluetooth adapter but I will further research unless anyone here can tell me.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

It is unlikely that you would have a spare optical plug. You can take Steve's suggestion, but I would recommend adding an optical plug instead - it is not too hard. You would need a random optical link cable from eBay, dismantle it and plug one plug and one lead in the existing harness.

Here are some docs describing the task:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...TVQNXV5TDRhMTg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AQ...6gz5DzEbn0rnXs

Old 09-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So veffremov, from the diagram (2nd) if I have a nav and CD changer, can i splice in the PSE?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Install - Veffremov's Kit