The Phoenix rises from the Ashes once again

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default The Phoenix rises from the Ashes once again

Hi,
just letting you all know, I am mobile and dangerous again.
I may be in Townsville, but Briz Vegas is only 5 hours at 250Kmh. I think I have also cracked the 700Hp -
Car is not dyno'd yet, but it feels strong - Supercharger is putting out 21PSI
I need to wire the new ECU and have it dyno'd and detailed, but after 2 years 3 months of misery it is just great to drive it.
Cheers,
DC -- (Dave)

Old 07-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 737 Likes on 465 Posts

What have you done to get that HP output, maybe a twin screw?

Cheers
34by151

Old 07-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Where do I start
Exhaust header set made in England - couple to a Quiksilver twin 2.5" system (no Cats)
3.5" cold intake -82mm Throttle body (Abaco MAF Junk)
Twinscrew K/B26L blower -21PSI at 6,100RPM
Increased port size on Intercoolers - larger capacity intercooler heat exchanger and pump
Ported ( huge ammounts of material removed) and flowed intake and heads
Ivan Tighe cams - designed by Piper cams, new billets original base circle.
Performance valve springs
CC'd chambers (modified)
Custom pistons by speciality pistons - ceramic and Teflon - valve pockets CC'd to give 9.7-1 with heads. (I dot like the rings they supplied)
stress relieved rods and crank - balance is something stupid like 0.014 gram at 20,000RPM
block replaced with later model with oil cooling jets and upgraded oil pump then completely overhauled (chilton Engineering) tunnel correction and decked to be square in all faces and deck heights (perfect blueprint)- (block is now 1.3mm shorter than timing cover)
all mains now0.003" and perfectly aligned fitted with Aston Martin studs not bolts ARP rod bolts - and Felpro head bolts.
MLS head gaskets
Specially made timing chains - triple drilled (will not stretch)
redesigned fuel system - Loads better - with modified Nissan injectors and 10mm split delivery and split return ( I think I posted a photo)
Small bonnet vents and heat shields keep engine bay cool - My air intake "2" on the back of right side intercooler reads 32 degrees - used to be over 40
Lastly - not finished ( I am driving the car while I make the wiring loom) - Infinity ECU supplied by BadCat - completely programmable tuner.
I think that's about it Car is in Townsville
Cheers,
DC There is a couple of photos I posted - bottom half of page 3 on this thread headers, DVD player and bonnet vents -
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-159191/page3/