Another South Aussie intro

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Another South Aussie intro

Hi all.
In a reply to one of my posts, Grant suggested that I join the local forum, which I didn't know existed, so here I am.
I'm in Adelaide & have a cobalt blue 1981 pre HE XJS. Its the sexiest car I have ever owned & we have Simon Templar and an impressionable teenager in the late 70s to blame for me buying it.
My other toy is a 1978 Triumph TR7 which I absolutely adore 'cause it is so much easier to work on that the XJS. Not as sexy but I love the pop up headlamps.
Currently both toys have stopped working. The XJS is having a radiator repair and the Triumph decided to strip a thread in a front caliper. Just typical of my luck.
I'm going to need some technical help from time to time so hopefully no one minds me rambling occasionally.
Cheers, Scott.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 10,295 Likes on 6,814 Posts

Belated welcome Scotty.

TR7, oh my, the memories (nightmares actually) of my days with JRA waaaaay back.

This section got split up recently so a more hands on for each specific region could be given.

We is SA/NT are a small in number, but I reckon will grow over time.

The "main" forum is still the place for "quicker" responses, as the whole membership goes there instantly.

Rambling is GOOD, and will never be frowned on. Just like drinking whilst maintaining Jaguars is mandatory.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default A warm welcome Scott

Hey, greetings fellas from your next door neighbour. My apologies Scott, coz I suspect I missed the opportunity to say "welcome" earlier. RAMBLE??? I thought that was required, mate? You mean I wasted a perfectly respectable Wolf Blass Cab Merlot (with only modest help) just to get into the super friendly, slightly dazed, spelling challenged state that I usually bring to these chats.

Can I endorse Grant's comments in support of touching base with those around you ... I am no longer surprised at the breadth of Jaguar knowledge and expertise around Australia, so I recommend that, from time to time, you trawl through each of the Australian regions to see what's new. By way of example, I still look down south to JagDaim for many parts, and I am looking up to Brisbane for some major shop services that will be beyond me by the time they are required. A better example, given your Jaguar model, is the enormous thread that has developed up in Queensland (and to which Grant has been a key contributor) to locate, examine and appraise XJSs currently for sale.

At the same time, I encourage you to jump all over the XJS specific section of the forum. Download whatever manuals, service bulletins, and other resources you may not have ... as well as the best of expertise. Let's see; what have I missed ...?
  • keen enthusiast joins us in JF as new member;
  • keen enthusiast new member reveals he owns XJS;
  • keen member with XJS announces he may need help;
  • keen member with XJS who may need help lives in Adelaide SA;
  • Grant Francis, who knows more about V12 Jags generally, and the XJS variants, strengths and weaknesses in particular, also lives in Adelaide SA.
Nah ... sorry Scott ... I was just worried there was some final and helpful advice that I may have overlooked ... Hahahahahaha!

Gotta be like living next door to Wikipedia!
All that remains is for you to dive in ... and enjoy,

Ken

Last edited by cat_as_trophy; 07-24-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: schpellinck
Old 07-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Welcome Scott from yet another South Aussie
My knowledge of the Jag is still very limited but I assure you, no matter how limited yours may be or not, you will find the right people here to help with any advice for any situation.
It is always good to see fellow South Aussies here as we as mentioned are few and far between lol

Anyways mate, welcome, pull up a stool and join us on our merry adventures