Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Any Calgary members?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Airboy
Picked it up this weekend.

Looks great, congrats. will you drive it in the winter or store it. Calgary drivers not the greatest in snow (or any weather for that matter) Just got back home and whole lot of multi car pile ups all over Deerfoot. Be safe. 4 wheel drive very good.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoJagssandy
Looks great, congrats. will you drive it in the winter or store it. Calgary drivers not the greatest in snow (or any weather for that matter) Just got back home and whole lot of multi car pile ups all over Deerfoot. Be safe. 4 wheel drive very good.
Thanks. It'll be a "daily driver", after I put some snow tires on it.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Thanks. It'll be a "daily driver", after I put some snow tires on it.
I drove my 2009XF RWD for 2 winters and it was very roadworthy in any conditions. I had a brand new AWD XF loaner in the winter and it was like it was on RAILS. You will enjoy it. I use Blizzak tires all the time they are excellent in snow and ice. Tried the Michelin X ice once from their reputation but found they were only good on ice . Very poor in any amount of snow due shallow tread depth seems to clog them up.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice!
Calgary driver have issues the same as any other city I drive in. But if you're talking winter, the lower mainland is a site to behold!

We're out there on a regular basis, take the front wheel drive Sonata with Michelin Ice-X and just blow past the mini vans, furious five and all season panic mysters!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts

NICE!

Old 02-13-2017, 12:34 PM

Saw Snowy Owls for the first time, while driving out to Drumheller this past weekend.

The following users liked this post:
AllblueACR (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM

Saw Snowy Owls for the first time, while driving out to Drumheller this past weekend.

Nice shot I do wildlife photography , in the mountains at least twice a week myself but never seen a snowy owl.How were the roads . Cars looks good getting good use of it I see.

AllblueACR (02-13-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Nice shot I do wildlife photography , in the mountains at least twice a week myself but never seen a snowy owl.How were the roads . Cars looks good getting good use of it I see.
Thanks. The main roads were clear. Do you use Instagram/Flickr to host some pics?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:00 AM

Thanks. The main roads were clear. Do you use Instagram/Flickr to host some pics?
I have used flicker before but not that familiar now , I will try it if you give me your flikr address.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Just signed into flickr account.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:59 PM

I have used flicker before but not that familiar now , I will try it if you give me your flikr address.
My flickr id is airboy123

Old 02-17-2017, 12:36 PM

My flickr id is airboy123
Checked out your photos. Definite petrolhead airboy. Will you tune the Jag.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:55 PM

Checked out your photos. Definite petrolhead airboy. Will you tune the Jag.
Will likely be testing out the VelocityAP programmer in a couple of months.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:20 PM

Will likely be testing out the VelocityAP programmer in a couple of months.
Any impact on the warranty (or who cares?). Do you anticipate increased performance / HP and how much. I noticed that you live in Calgary but bought from dealership in Edmonton. I was told both dealerships are owned by the same person. Told he also owns Calgary Bently dealership, don't know if it is true just heresay. Good luck with the mod let us all know how it works out.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:11 PM

Alignment shop recommendations in Calgary? Also, anyone tried u-wrench.ca shop?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by zigzewel
Alignment shop recommendations in Calgary? Also, anyone tried u-wrench.ca shop?
I buy all my wheels , tyres from Kal Tyre in Bow Bottom Trail, great service reliable people. I needed an alignment for my first 2009 XF and they did it for me .Later car was in Jag and they recommended a wheel alignment so they checked and specs were already correct as per Kal Tyre. Only difference is $100 difference in cost between Jag dealer and Kal Tyre. Would recommend Kal Tyre they do good work at a more affordable price. Road construction guided my Land Rover into a kerb (i should have sued the city since a cone was missing.) Kal Tyre checked it for me at no charge and said it was all good and no rim damage.

zigzewel (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 08:14 PM

Any impact on the warranty (or who cares?). Do you anticipate increased performance / HP and how much. I noticed that you live in Calgary but bought from dealership in Edmonton. I was told both dealerships are owned by the same person. Told he also owns Calgary Bently dealership, don't know if it is true just heresay. Good luck with the mod let us all know how it works out.
It is a calculated risk, that is for sure. According to another thread here, gains are around 70hp. The same engine is remapped for 380hp in the S versions of F-Pace, XF, etc so bumping it to 410+hp shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Since I have access to a dyno, I can do a before/after comparison. Depending on the data collected, Velocity may end up adjusting the tune for our (poor quality) gasoline.

As for ownership of the dealerships in Calgary and Edmonton, I don't know. We didn't buy from the Calgary dealership mainly due to interactions with the sales staff. The Edmonton dealership is part of the Go Auto group, if that means anything. https://www.goauto.ca/about/dealerships

Old 03-11-2017, 12:07 PM

It is a calculated risk, that is for sure. According to another thread here, gains are around 70hp. The same engine is remapped for 380hp in the S versions of F-Pace, XF, etc so bumping it to 410+hp shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Since I have access to a dyno, I can do a before/after comparison. Depending on the data collected, Velocity may end up adjusting the tune for our (poor quality) gasoline.

As for ownership of the dealerships in Calgary and Edmonton, I don't know. We didn't buy from the Calgary dealership mainly due to interactions with the sales staff. The Edmonton dealership is part of the Go Auto group, if that means anything. https://www.goauto.ca/about/dealerships
I use 94 octane in both the XFRS and the Land Rover. Noticeable difference in the Rover, no turbo delay when its rolling and better acceleration from a standing start. Burns cleaner I am assuming also. Get good mileage from both cars 600km a tank from Rover even in winter months and 28/29 MPG from XFRS. Only available at certain Petrofina stations but not all. My local one carries it so use it all the time.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS Winter Tires and Rims

Hi everyone,
Just sold my 14 F Type. I have some 18 inch Gun Metal Grey Touren rims with Michelin X Ice tires that I will be selling. The rims obviously fit the F Type but also the XF. I'm in Calgary.
Ken

Old 04-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Was at Cdn Tire and I noticed "European Formula" Oil, what does THAT mean??

Quick Reply: Any Calgary members?