Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Toronto Jag drivers -- anyone switching back to summer tires??

Old 03-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Toronto Jag drivers -- anyone switching back to summer tires??

With this week's temps so high -- and the same (above 5 degrees) all next week -- anyone considering swapping back to summer tires???

Old 03-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
With this week's temps so high -- and the same (above 5 degrees) all next week -- anyone considering swapping back to summer tires???
I take the insurance off my Ftype R for the winter and also I live an hour or so north of the airport, so I think I'll wait it out until the collision cover comes back on mid-April. If the weather holds though (right now we have close to a foot of snow) I could add the cover back on early.

The other problem I have is that I live on a dirt/gravel road that is really muddy in the early spring so its tough to get the F down the road without it being covered in mud.. its not a daily driver.

Just order an XE Sport that I will use for a daily driver and sold one of my SUV's that I was using as a daily driver, but it won't be delivered until June. They have all wheel drive, but not the clearance of an SUV, still should be ok up here on most winter days.

I should check this Canadian forum more often as I am usually on the F type and XE forum. Its interesting to see what the local Jag owners are up to.

If you go back to summer tires, they will be loose on the cold pavement, but certainly driveable and if it does snow, just don't take it out.

Lawrence

Old 03-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
If you go back to summer tires, they will be loose on the cold pavement, but certainly driveable and if it does snow, just don't take it out.
Yeah, my problem is that I don't have another vehicle -- just the F-type..... I think I'll keep the snows on for the rest of the month. Even with 15 degrees tomorrow - my drive to and from work generally isn't at the time we hit the daily highs -- so hopefully I won't wear down the winters too much....

Old 03-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Yeah, my problem is that I don't have another vehicle -- just the F-type..... I think I'll keep the snows on for the rest of the month. Even with 15 degrees tomorrow - my drive to and from work generally isn't at the time we hit the daily highs -- so hopefully I won't wear down the winters too much....
I would agree you should wait as its your daily driver... we often get a 'snow' late March or even early April.
Anyway, only a few more weeks.
Lawrence

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i live in toronto; i just bought a 2007 xjl vanden plas; previous owner told me this car is not rally safe in winter on icy roads; he nevertheless drove it, without winter tires!!
whats your experience? can it be driven in winter? and without winters?
ive got brand new all seasons on it
thanks

Old 09-23-2016, 09:13 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Jags are no better/no worse than any other RWD sedan on snow. Same rules of physics apply . I wouldn't dream of driving without proper snow tires. All seasons just won't cut it.