Canada All Canadian members please post here...

west coast blues

Old 01-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile west coast blues

After five days with frost last winter and only two days with snow in the past three years, I decided it was time for my first convertible and the most beautiful car in my price range was the XK8. I found a gorgeous black beauty a few hours away and made her mine. I brought her home with visions of top down drives year around. Imagine my surprise when we had the coldest spell in thirty years and the most snow in fifteen. In fact, Miss V has been parked in a snowbank for six weeks. I just do not see the point of driving her in the sand and salt which covers the ice on our roads at the moment. I have dependable little front wheel drive Ford for that and I do not mind putting it through all the cold starts and bad roads. I am so looking forward to our first rain in a long time. Once the roads are clean me and Miss V will be just a dark shadow on the highway. And I noticed some talk about speed in Ontario on another thread here in the Canadian area. The main north south trunk on Vancouver Island (near where I live) is a 120 km/hr road and the Jag runs like a dream there. Trouble is the last time I had her out there was so long ago I am having trouble remembering what it was like. Dreams are like that.

The following users liked this post:
AllblueACR (01-22-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,130 Likes on 1,304 Posts

This winter has been miserable on Vancouver Island. Snow in Victoria! An insult of the worst kind - and so far Spring has not been much better. You could solve your problem at least in part by buying another Jaguar to use in rain (and snow); I have an X-Type for exactly that reason (AWD and a delight to drive in any conditions, especially fun on that 120 kmph stretch you mention).
Are you a member of the Jaguar Car Club of Victoria? And do you know that they have the largest Jaguar show in North America every summer in Victoria (Oak Bay, actually)? Let me know if you'd like information about this - your car definitely wants to be there.
I wonder if I might know your car. Is it black/black? Year?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Gregory

I am not currently a member of JCCV but expect I will be joining this spring. The senior parts guy at the Jag dealer clued me in when I was in for a spring tune last week. You have a sweet ride with the X-type for sure. I am totally in love with the XK8 too. It is fast, handles brilliantly and is comfortable with class. Did I mention it was fast? Puts a smile on an old guy's face . I took a female friend out for a drive a while ago and when it was safe, took it up a bit in speed and she still talks about it. Said it was the fastest she had ever gone without flying away. Miss V is a black 4 litre convertible with a cashmere interior. Oh, and I am now a member. Thanks for the sideways invitation to the show. Miss V will be there with bells on