Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

*New Formula* Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts
Default *New Formula* Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel Review

So I got a bottle of the Newly Formulated Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel and was asked to try it out and see what I thought of it. Within a couple hours of receiving the newly formulated tire gel, I had to get outside and try it out. Last time I had applied any type of protection on my tires was several long months ago. SO my tires were in desperate need of cleaning and good protection.

Products Used:
Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate 32 oz
All Purpose Microfiber Towels
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel *New Formula*
Flex Foam Applicator

NEW FORMULA: Thicker, easier to apply, and is guaranteed not to sling!

COLOR: Pink

CONSISTENCY: THICK

BEFORE SHOT OF MY TIRE:

First step was to clean the tires. They definitely needed it. I used Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate 32 oz and some all purpose towels.

The Pinnacle Signature All Purpose Cleaner definitely cleaned up the rubber really nice. You MUST clean the tires really good anytime you apply a tire gel otherwise it won't last long because it doesn't bond properly

Now that the tires were clean, it was time to apply the New Formula Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. It is much thicker than the original formula and spread out really nicely. 3 nickle sized drops covered well over 1/2 the tire with a good thick even coat without streaking.
Before

After

BEFORE/AFTER

I've had this tire gel on for a couple days now and have driven the car for about an hour total. There has been no signs of slinging or dust attraction. On one of the tires I waited 15 minutes and did a second coat for a darker shine. The tire definitely looks deeper/wetter and still doesn't wipe off or sling. I have used the original formula Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel and can honestly say that the new formula is MUCH thicker, spreads out better, and looks even better than before. I love it when products just keep getting better and better. I am very impressed with this tire gel and will continue to use it. This is definitely my favorite tire gel at this time

OH YEA, ONE MORE THING: Just out of curiosity I decided to try the New Formula Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel on my plastic trim to see how it would look and how long it would last that way. So here are some pictures of the results and I will keep everyone updated for the next several weeks to see what happens

Thanks For Looking!

The following 2 users liked this post by PinnacleWax:
GGG (08-22-2014), JimC64 (08-22-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Looks like a great product, does what it says it does on the tin