Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Simoniz Glass Coat

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Simoniz Glass Coat

My local dealer is currently hawking a paint protectant called Simoniz Glass Coat. Anyone have any experience with or opinions about this product?

Old 02-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

There's a lot of write ups about this product online. All you have to do is google it. It does not have a good reputation. All you're really paying for is a warranty on the paint but then again, many people have issues with getting their warranties taken care of. If it was me, I would pass up this "offer" in a heartbeat and I would just take care of my own car myself. By doing this, I know that I am "properly" caring for my car the best way I can. Not to mention, it's much cheaper just to buy your own washes, paint cleaners, paint sealants/waxes, etc... You can get a very nice paint sealant for $40-50 that will last you 6-8 years in applications and still works better than the Simoniz. That's my .02. Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What do you recommend for a paint sealant on a brand-hew vehicle?

Old 02-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lordpeterk
What do you recommend for a paint sealant on a brand-hew vehicle?
I would recommend our paint sealant, it's one of the best/newest/easiest to use/glossiest/longest lasting paint sealants out there. It is very important to clean the surface of the paint prior to applying the paint sealant. A paint cleaner ensures the best possibly bond between the paint and the synthetic polymers in the paint sealant. Here's what you want to look for:

Paint Cleaner: Wipe on, wait 5-10 minutes, wipe off
Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish - Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Paint Sealant: Wipe on, wait 5-10 minutes, wipe off
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

You would just simply do this 2 step process about once a year, that's how long the paint sealant will last. You can also put waxes on the paint sealant as well after 12 hours if you'd like to add even more depth in the paint. Thanks for reading

Old 08-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting comment. I have used the Glass Coat and had no issues with it only a good results. If your product is better, I'd like to hear about it. check my album

Old 08-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by johnwus83
Very interesting comment. I have used the Glass Coat and had no issues with it only a good results. If your product is better, I'd like to hear about it. check my album
Hi John,

I personally love the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant and so do many people that we sell it to. When it comes to paint protection, it is nothing but personal preference.

Here's the best advice we can give: If you're using a product and you love it and have no issues with it, then KEEP USING IT! BUT if you find yourself asking "is there something easier, glossier, more durable, etc" then we would recommend trying other products!

Here's one of the professional detailers that buys A LOT of our Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant and uses it on A LOT of cars with amazing success - check out some of his photos on his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/exeautodetail/

Thanks for reading!