Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Snow Foam & Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Snow Foam & Convertible Top

For the first time the other day I used snow foam. In fact, it would be fair to say I ended up using rather a lot of snow foam. This was entirely unintentional. Being new to the art of detailed car cleanliness I over-egged the amount of concentrate in the lance attachment. The driveway, garage doors and one small brick wall are now very clean too!

However, I do have a serious question for those in the know. I deliberately avoided spraying the convertible roof, but inevitably some landed on there. I had reproofed the fabric only a week ago so the beading is still good. I rinsed off the excess foam from the roof quite quickly, but wonder if foam has any adverse effects on roof fabric - anyone know?

Old 12-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha, I love snow foam too.

If you used a ph neutral snow foam, then it is absolutely fine to use on roof fabric. It's no different to carwash, and it shouldn't cause you any issue. The only time it will affect the proofing on the fabric is if the car wash has some sort of stripper in it, like CT18 truckwash.

Do you know what snow foam mixture you used? We can have a look to see how ph neutral it is.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks.

I used Autobrite Direct Magifoam: MagiFoam - The Ultimate Pre Wash Foam

As far as I can make out it's reasonably harmless!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:01 AM
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeap it looks fine.

My only advice is to make sure the fabric roof is thoroughly rinsed after you snow foam it and you won't have any issues.