E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

Series II headliner Panel 2+2

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Series II headliner Panel 2+2

I am currently looking for a headliner panel for a series II 2+2 and wondering if this is an item that can be easily recreated. Does anyone have a recommendation for recreating a panel and/or a lead to find one.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Geoff

Old 02-13-2017, 06:17 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hillskier
I am currently looking for a headliner panel for a series II 2+2 and wondering if this is an item that can be easily recreated. Does anyone have a recommendation for recreating a panel and/or a lead to find one.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Geoff
Hello Geoff,
A better solution, in my opinion, when the original headlining panel is non existent, or damaged to the extent that its tantamount to being non existent, is to use the headlining material supplied by BAS. This has a dense, but very flexible backing material approximately 5mm thick, with a wool lining. This material is glued directly to the inside surface of the turret. Its my understanding that its only available through BAS.

I've used this material a lot in my shop. The denseness of the backing material resists breed through of glue and circumvents hand and finger imprints through inadvertent excessive pressure during installation.

Regards,

Brent

Old 02-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Brent. I will be relaying to the upholsterer this am and see if he can make it work, sounds like an excellent solution.

cheers,
Geoff