E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

XKE Coupe Quarter Light questions

Old 11-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XKE Coupe Quarter Light questions

Hello,
I have acquired a pair of coupe quarter light windows (L&R), probably for a 2+2. The dimensions are about 12" at the hinge, ~22.5" measured front to rear at the top and ~24.5" at the bottom. They are tinted green and in very good condition. Both are in their frames, and one has the latching mechanism. I also have a grille bar abd emblem, and a left side front bumper and over-rider. These came in a bunch of parts with another vehicle. I would like to verify which model they are for and arrive at a reasonable value. Thank you for any assistance. --Rbruce

Old 11-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps someone out there can point me to a resource with the information I need. --TIA

Old 11-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Very, very wise to spend such effort in identifying accurately what parts fit which model or variant. I can't help with identifying your quarter windows, but they are definitely among the parts that are unique to series and variant.

I recall being bitten badly not long after acquiring our E nearly 40years ago. The car was impeccable (it even had 2prs of "dust gloves" in the console cubby) but for 2 blemishes . . . both rear tail-light housings, being chromed diecast had several pitted dimples that marred their gleaming finish.

Imagine my delight when visiting our large capital city Jaguar dealership, to find a matched L&R Series1 pair, each brand new and packaged singly in tissue and cardboard box, each gleaming in faultless chrome . . . and, back in those far off days of young family and other priorities, each costing "only" about a week's wages.

I bought them; we starved for a week . . . and only then, found they were for a Series1 convertible, and would never fit our FHCoupe. Years later, my "bargain" became someone else's gain.

Cheers,

Ken