Looking to hook up in South of France

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Looking to hook up in South of France

Hi lag jovers

I'm based in SOF (Nimes, smack betwixt Italy and Spain on the coast [almost]).
I am wondering who is my nearest member neighbour and whether there is any activity for us with cats to get involved with.
I will be taking delivery of my newly bought S-Type middle of next month and as it is spring will be looking for places to go and get involved.
I do have a wedding to attend in Porto, Portugal in early April, does anybody have any suggestions on route and other planning that I should be considering?

Cheers guys,
Andy

As it was presented in the sales literature...

...nice and clean inside and out...

...even under the bonnet

The following users liked this post:
ibizman (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bonjour,
Cela fait du bien de voir un francais sur ce forum =)

Old 03-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Default En effet

Et jéspere qu'il ne soit pas le seul

Bonjour à tous

Old 03-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Hi my fellow Frenchies

I am delighted that I am not alone here in France driving the quintessentially British car around these beautifully French kept roads!
I know, I know, there are tolls (péage) but look what it does!
Here in the south, practically all of the roads are simply wonderful to cruise on, I'm not talking just about the Autoroutes but the even the "N" and "D" roads are so well kept. I live amongst a lot of farm and military land, some of the roads are really just farm tracks, but even those have had pot holes filled almost yearly just for the tractors! Driving in France is a real treat, I love it.

One thing that is different from the land of my birth (England) is the white road paints they use here, they seem to spray it on (just like a simple spray paint) and consequently the road markings tend to wear out faster than the thick heated goo that they use in England, that stuff lasts for decades despite the varying temperatures, whilst here they pretty much need to re-paint every year, I can't help thinking it would be more efficient to utilise expensive paints from the outset, maybe you know better.
Anyway, happy motoring

Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Salut à tous
Je suis français, mais j'habite en suisse.
En tout cas belle voiture Andy!

Old 04-02-2017, 09:38 AM

Hi Andy,
I spend 5 months a year in Marseillan, between Agde & Sete, not far from you (I am retired).
I've just bought an F-Type convertible which we will be driving down to Marseillan in May.
We are planning a trip to Italy in it, possibly Florence and Bologna (Modena is nearby and Ferrari museums).
Re your Porto trip we did a tour of inland Spain in the Boxster I had (until a few weeks ago).
We stayed in San Sebastián, a lovely bay, Leon in the amazing Parador there, its an interesting town. Salamanca is a superb place to stop and explore and of course Toledo which is also worth a visit. We've driven to Barcelona a few times, one of our favourite cities. So it depends on the route you choose and the time you have available.
PS I am also a keen sailor, I have a small yacht I sail on the Etang de Thau.
Enjoy your car!
Ashley

Old 04-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Hi there Ashley, great to hear from you.
I must have driven past your place on Saturday, on the way back from Bressols, just north of Toulouse.
We are actually booked for an overnight stop in San Sebastián (plan to go out north of the Pyrenees and return south), I've heard that it is a great place, especially for the food. I'll take some shots of the night life ;-)
We went to Italy too, Verona, but drove back north over the Alps. Italy is a great place, although wild drivers! We stayed three nights in Ventimiglia for last years Monaco GP (a bit rough in Ventimiglia though).

There sure are plenty of places to drive to when your base is the SOF :-)

I have managed to score some headlamps and am in the process of switching out the reflectors (as my overall units are in far better nick than the LHD ones I bought, I'm swapping the white plastic adjusters at the same time although mine have not perished in anyway, the LHD ones have turned to dust! So strike while the iron is hot I say.
Once done I'll get it registered here.

Let me know when you are planning to drive down in your F-Type, maybe our paths can cross.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Owl
Salut à tous
Je suis français, mais j'habite en suisse.
En tout cas belle voiture Andy!
Merci Big Owl, pouvez-vous afficher des photos de votre voiture?

Old 04-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bien sûr Andy, voilà:

XES black

Amicalement,
Hervé