F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

The 2016 Jaguars take New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Did they say when they would be hitting the dealerships? I called one in Pittsburgh and the guy sounded clueless. I thought it was supposed to be in the Spring but he said Summer. I'm hoping it comes out in time for when my lease is up on my XF.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

The starting prices may be but option packages seem to raise price points, at least in my view of the XF when I compare the supercharged v8. If they sell, I don't think you will see the glut of inventory the XF''s experienced when heavy discounts were given, but I don't have all the facts, just observations.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

As of Thursday morning, the latest update was a April release date for both the XE and F Pace. It's been pretty fluid, and I hope that's true. If you know what you want you should put a deposit down, sigh a purchase order (showing intent) and be one of the first orders in the G.M.'s hand.

Salespeople come and go. They are lied to my management, and after they realize it, they move on. Get a purchase order build sheet at usajaguar.com and hand it to the G.M.

He'll take you very seriously. We are forbidden to sell out of our MI market, or I'll take your order. If he says we are not accepting orders yet, Insist he accept Yours!

It's going to be like the Evoque. If you wait too long, you won't have the XE the way YOU want it until late Summer, early Fall. With the new lower margins, I don't expect any movement off sticker for a while.

We'll be going to the big oval in Miami then, which is where (I think) Jag wants us to see how capable the F Pace is at speed. Or XE-S 380 hp, or XF....???? All their talk about the F Pace was it will be, by far the best handing SUV in the world.

Based on what I saw and felt the XE do too the twin turbo 3 Series, the F Pace is going to make the Porsche SUV feel very, very old, slow, heavy and outdated and cheap inside.

They wanted us at NOLA for a week, but that's too much. Other than having dinner afterwards, I was just wiped out every night. Short tracking the F Type R (full throttle-full brake-repeat) my body felt like I'd been dropped of a high dive spread eagle.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:36 AM

I kind of want to take one for a drive before I put down a deposit, but I'm pretty sure I'm leaning toward the S. I like the style of the 22" wheels but I want to see how the ride is impacted by it.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:06 AM

In Michigan, it's illegal to hold deposits if you decide you don't want what you ordered. Check your States local laws. Unless your ordering something bizarre it's just more inventory for the dealer's lot. A deposit just shows you're not a goofball and gives you the chance to buy what you want if you do like it.

Have you ever driven an aluminum Jag before when they change over from steel? It's an amazingly profound difference. As soon as you touch the throttle you know. Lighter, faster, smoother and tighter. If the price fits your budget and your okay paying msrp, your find nothing compares to it in class.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 PM

I'll be getting it in Pennsylvania even though I'm in Ohio; I don't want to chance them putting a front license plate bracket on. I'm not sure what PA's law states about that deposit issue. I'm off tomorrow so I'll look into it then.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:46 PM

You're in Ohio? That's the only State we can sell to out of MI. I guess it depends on where in Ohio. It's a zone thing. Jaguar seems to want the cars serviced where they're sold.

Perhaps to safeguard against the exporters that take them to Africa, Asia, Russia, etc...to sell them at a huge profit. Which version of the XE are you getting?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:00 PM

Yeah I'm in Ohio, the dealership where I got my XF is no longer a Jaguar dealership as of about 6 months ago so I've been going to the Bobby Rahal dealership in Wexford which is only about 30 minutes from my work.

I originally wanted the XE S, but after more thought the F-Pace S seems like the better choice for me, I want something that's a bit more practical. I like my XF but the packaging of it isn't great, it has that huge trunk with a tiny opening with no fold down seats--it's not that I would need that all of the time but when I do buy larger items it's a pain. Building the F-Pace online the S actually seems to be the better deal than the 35t.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:03 AM

I'm not a SUV guy, but the F Pace is such a good looking (and aggressive) machine that I think many will reconsider only owning a sedan.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by GGabriel
I'm not a SUV guy, but the F Pace is such a good looking (and aggressive) machine that I think many will reconsider only owning a sedan.
I'm one of them haha. I'm proof that just because Land Rover makes SUVs it doesn't mean that Jaguar can't. Honestly this is a no-brainier over the Evoque.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

My F-Type has been at the dealer for minor service the past two days and I have been driving an Evoque loaner. Certainly a nice vehicle and I can see why they have been popular for some people. The loaner is a fully optioned dynamic model with a $60k sticker which I found a bit overpriced for what it is. We have been considering the Evoque as a replacement for my wife’s car, however it is just too small for our needs. We would like a luxury vehicle with better utility while added performance would be a huge bonus for me. The F-Pace is a game changer because it seems to fit the bill from the specs I have seen. It appears to be a more practical F-Type which is a winning formula in my opinion. I really expected the F-Pace to be priced in the $70k to $100k range and was surprised to find it in a more reasonable $40k to $70k range. Like you guys, I am anxiously awaiting the release of the F-Pace and see one in our future.

The F-Pace would be our first SUV/crossover type vehicle and second Jaguar, which are two things I would have never predicted a year ago. Jaguar is either doing something right or I have lost my mind.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:59 PM

The price points for both the XE and F Pace shocked me as well. I can't wait!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 PM

The price points for both the XE and F Pace shocked me as well. I can't wait!
On a related note I wonder why they have the configurator with pricing up for the F-Pace, but not the XE.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, every there was a dealership rep. covering North America.

I didn't do the usual put the front seat all the way back before hoping in the back, but it's big back there. I was one of three in the back and everyone had much more room than any of the sedans, even a XKL.

The cabin felt airy, maybe because of the enormous panaramic roof. Everything you touched (I always close my eyes and start touching away) felt high end. It's really nice.

I can't believe it starts at $40k with a 5/60 warranty with free maintenance. One thing that might have gotten then to these new and lower price points was reducing the margins. Already so much lower than Mercedes and BMW.

Salespeople were pissed. The dealerships will still make money but salespeople thought this was the first step down the path to hourly wages. Rover did it too and oh my God, what a bounce of whinners. Bitching and moaning was a common theme I kept hearing....
Where you there with the first group of Dealer Principals and GM's?

I was there in the second group and we did not get to see the F-Pace at all!!

Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 PM

I wasn't in the first group but the one I was in had a mix of both. They had 2 F Paces. The red and silver, which was the limited edition first release special. Just loaded up.

Daytona will be fun. Have you been to that track before? Huge track that makes you feel small and fast cars slow. So much history too, but I liked the NOLA facility. That's a beautiful building.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't in the first group but the one I was in had a mix of both. They had 2 F Paces. The red and silver, which was the limited edition first release special. Just loaded up.

Daytona will be fun. Have you been to that track before? Huge track that makes you feel small and fast cars slow. So much history too, but I liked the NOLA facility. That's a beautiful building.
Have not been to Daytona so looking forward to that.

I was disappointed that they shortened the track at NOLA, although I can understand why. I always got the last car of the group and the facilitator behind me didn't like the fact that I went slow at the start so the group ahead would be far ahead in order that I could get more speed than the rest!

It was great though!!

Old 10-13-2015, 05:04 PM

Does anyone know what the clear plastic that goes around the emblem is for? I'm assuming it's for the adaptive cruise control but I can't find anything pointing to that.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:16 AM

Do you mean the short track we tested the F Type R AWD' on? I wish that was longer. The full throttle-full brake-hard turns stuff took its toll on my body. After the 4th lap, I was done. My body is too bashed up on the inside for that kind of beat down.

The longer track with the XE-S was beautiful. Very smooth with nice sweeping turns to drift in. our instructors really had a gentle hold of the leash. I was able to power drift out of any turn I could without getting directly yelled at

NOLA's track was nicer than Indy's circuit which they put in the middle of the oval. Except when you could up the banks. That was a blast if you were in the right car. The Mercedes E Class felt horrible and dangerous on the banks. It started oscillating at a lower speed which the XF never did at a higher speed further up the bank.

Come to think of it, every Merc I've driven on a track feels kind of the same. During the F Type launch, I hated how the SL550 felt as well. That same oscillation from the left rear to the right front-left front to the left rear movement. Takes all the fun out of driving it fast. I've never felt that body movement in any Jag.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
Does anyone know what the clear plastic that goes around the emblem is for? I'm assuming it's for the adaptive cruise control but I can't find anything pointing to that.

Yep. It is. If it doesn't have that option, the black box shadow isn't there.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:32 PM

Yep. It is. If it doesn't have that option, the black box shadow isn't there.
Thank you; I'll be skipping that option lol.

Quick Reply: The 2016 Jaguars take New Orleans