F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

F-Pace FE suspension problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F-Pace FE suspension problems

Have had my FPACE for under a month. It is an FE. I LOVED IT until...At about 500 miles it started make an unbelievable creaking sound from the rear. It has gotten progressively worse. In reviewing other JAG Forum in the US and UK it seems to be an ongoing problem with no fix. Has to do with the bushing and the springs are not fitted properly. Wondering if others are having this problem.It's a huge disappointment as a very new owner of this vehicle. Waiting for JAG to get back to me with the fix.

Last edited by GGG; 06-17-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

What does your "friendly Jaguar dealer" say about it ? It is virtually the same suspension as the XE and new XF, so if you have problems, they may have too.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is well documented i the F-pace Forums (both UK and North America). It is a known issue with a fix available on TOPIx. Pop into your dealership and they will be able to replace the suspension bushings with an updated design that will resolve this.

Cheers!

The following 2 users liked this post by F-Pace YVR:
rshaver13 (03-07-2024), wachuko (07-03-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I found the front license plate holder inside the spare tire storage area making a "loud creaking sound" in rough roads! I took it out from that area and now nothing is creaking.

Best regards

Old 07-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my First Edition Fpace for 3,000k miles now. I have the annoying creaking in the rear as well. I've seen reviews and videos saying this is a common problem. In my opinion, it's unacceptable. Definitely doesnt "sound" like a new luxury car. I'm very disappointed. I am happy to see in the above post there might be a fix though. Will take the car into dealer.

The following users liked this post:
On-the-Fence-Pace (07-06-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 05:51 PM

F-Pace YVR - Do you have the link to the fix on TOPix?

Old 07-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

"JTB00499 - Creak noise from rear suspension"

The dealer can look this up for you (and do the work as well!), just tell them the number.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
On-the-Fence-Pace (07-06-2016), peggysue67 (07-07-2016)

Trending Topics

Old 07-06-2016, 03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing this info. Good to know.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Taking my First Edition in next week to have this checked / repaired. I'll post an update.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Default It's Fixed!

The fix is in! They have fixed my car replaced with new springs in the back. The U.K. Headquarters sent them to my dealer and they were installed. I can't believe the difference! The car rides beautifully and it is completely silent now! I love my car! Jag rocks! Thank you! Thank you!

Originally Posted by jagfour
Have had my FPACE for under a month. It is an FE. I LOVED IT until...At about 500 miles it started make an unbelievable creaking sound from the rear. It has gotten progressively worse. In reviewing other JAG Forum in the US and UK it seems to be an ongoing problem with no fix. Has to do with the bushing and the springs are not fitted properly. Wondering if others are having this problem.It's a huge disappointment as a very new owner of this vehicle. Waiting for JAG to get back to me with the fix.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM

UPDATE: Took my First Edition in last week for the suspension noise problem. This is what the dealer found:

"Checked and heard two creaking type noises coming from rear cabin and lower outside of the vehicle. At this time, spent time pinpointing the cabin noise and found coming from body panel. Removed luggage loops, carpet, and panels for access to the body panel. Removed panel, inspected, and found several witness marks. Applied felt and installed all back together and test drove. Good - interior noise removed. Outer noise is coming from shock tours. Parts are back ordered at this time. Should arrive in one month."

Creaking sound is definitely reduced due to the felt-fix. But I can still hear the outer noise - which I'm told will be gone once they replace the rear suspension bushings, etc. So - just waiting until parts arrive.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

I regularly read a ton of car reviews and I have never ever heard complaints of squeaks and squeals on a new vehicle, even for a Jag and its perceived reputation.
I'll wait out a few F-Pace MY's for Jaguar to work out its kinks. But then, I was never an early adopter i.e. Guinea pig for anything.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with all the testing they supposedly did with etc F-Pace you would have thought some engineerings would have heard some of these noises. I hear the issue with etc spring and the Isolators is due to the part that went through testing not being available due to some issue with the supplier when they started production (flood or something) and they had to go to a backup supplier that evidently didn't have a solid part.

But the issue under the seat with the felt strip should have been found.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Default Serious creaking sound rear suspension

Originally Posted by jagfour
Well, I can relate to this serious issue. Picked up my brand new F-Pace 3 weeks ago (september 2016). After the first 500 km, no issues, no problems. At exactly 580 km on the speedometer, the irritating creaking sound started from the rear. It became worse every day and now I have an almost constant creaking sound in the back with every corner and bump in the road I hit! Went back to the dealership and they told me new suspension needs to resolve the problem. However, production time of the new rear suspension is about 6 weeks! Wow, pretty disappointing for a car this price and this status. After 14 years driving BMW's this is my first non-BMW. Honestly? If I had know..... Well, lets see how they resolve this serious issue.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Achtmaal
Well, I can relate to this serious issue. Picked up my brand new F-Pace 3 weeks ago (september 2016). After the first 500 km, no issues, no problems. At exactly 580 km on the speedometer, the irritating creaking sound started from the rear. It became worse every day and now I have an almost constant creaking sound in the back with every corner and bump in the road I hit! Went back to the dealership and they told me new suspension needs to resolve the problem. However, production time of the new rear suspension is about 6 weeks! Wow, pretty disappointing for a car this price and this status. After 14 years driving BMW's this is my first non-BMW. Honestly? If I had know..... Well, lets see how they resolve this serious issue.
Welcome to the 'Creaky Springs Club' Lol There are several extended threads on the subject on fpaceforum.com. This is one -- I smile as I join the Creaky Springs Club! - Jaguar F-Pace Forum

I hope they give you a nice loaner for the 6 weeks.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Welcome to the 'Creaky Springs Club' Lol There are several extended threads on the subject on fpaceforum.com. This is one -- I smile as I join the Creaky Springs Club! - Jaguar F-Pace Forum

I hope they give you a nice loaner for the 6 weeks.
I wish, but no they won't. They only apologised that it would take so long and that's it......

Old 10-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Achtmaal
I wish, but no they won't. They only apologised that it would take so long and that's it......
That really stinks. Which dealership is this?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:24 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Why would you want a loaner for six weeks for a creaky suspension? It may be annoying, but it's not a safety issue. Also, the isolator replacement (fix) is a one day at the shop repair; once they have the parts.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 AM

Why would a loaner in the least be appropriate and a band aid on the wound? How would you react when you just spend € 125.000,- on a brand new car and after 1 week be confronted with a such a serious malfunctioning of a car this price and brand this status? Needless to say I'm not gonna have this fixed at a local garage. Besides the fact my F-Pace should be in perfect condition and thoroughly tested when leaving the factory, its not a € 15.000,- car I bought, where one can expect such a serious malfunctioning.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm simply wondering why you would want a loner for six weeks.

As you mention you just go it, don't you want to drive it? The creak will be fixed. Enjoy the time and get more familiar with your new purchase. And try not to let it sour you against the thing. It's a brand new model for Jag and you've decided to be a first-year buyer. Hang in there while they get a few issues straightened out.

Press your dealership to make it up to you in some other way...say some optional accessory you fancy. Just hoping to keep you positive.

Last edited by RoonieQ; 10-04-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: F-Pace FE suspension problems