F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

F pace infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:24 PM
YEG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F pace infotainment system

Hi guys, I have put a deposit on a FP ,however after watching lots of FP test drive on youtube , there were more than one journalist commented on the FP infotainment system that it got frozen on them. I wonder if it only happens on the standard in- control touch or just the in-control touch pro , or is it because they are test driving the very first run from the factory . I hope it has been fixed at the factory since then . I absolutely love this car but wondering if it would be wise to wait for another 6-9 months to get the 2018 model. Is there anyone out there that have problems with their infotainment system ? Thanks .

Old 07-21-2016, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by YEG
Hi guys, I have put a deposit on a FP ,however after watching lots of FP test drive on youtube , there were more than one journalist commented on the FP infotainment system that it got frozen on them. I wonder if it only happens on the standard in- control touch or just the in-control touch pro , or is it because they are test driving the very first run from the factory . I hope it has been fixed at the factory since then . I absolutely love this car but wondering if it would be wise to wait for another 6-9 months to get the 2018 model. Is there anyone out there that have problems with their infotainment system ? Thanks .
Hi
I have had a few problems, the words was yesterday. I get into my car, and the normal "iphone" bluetooth connection didn't happen. I was 1.5 hours later, had to pull over, step out of the car, lock it and then re-enter, start the car up, delete the original connection, and re-pair the phone. Not a normal thing to have to do in any stretch of the imagination. Jury is still out on this, but wasn't happy about this. Sometimes, responsiveness is brilliant overall, and sometimes a delay (minority of the time). Still a brilliant infotainment system, and I wouldn't wait....as anything going on could be repaired via software update I am sure.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ICTP Issues.....

Yeah - unfortunately, I am having problems with my system too. I have the fully loaded First Ed. and everything else with this ride is just fantastic. So far, it's the best vehicle I've ever owned - and I've had a few. Picked it up in mid Aug. and now have around 400 miles on it. However, it's been in and out of dealer service numerous times now because of the ICTP bugs. When it's hitting on all cylinders, the system has ridiculous world class sound and functionality. But, it's so new that the tech is having a difficult time chasing the bugs down. Most of my problems have been with the CD player. Won't hold a track, skips to random tracks then starts frantically cycling through ALL the tracks until it freezes up. At that point I can't stop it or even eject the disk. I have to stop and shut off the engine which seems to reset everything back to normal. Keeping a close eye on this though. At this level of $$$ spent, the Jag dealer has been put on notice that an acceptable fix better happen.....and soon.

JGC

Old 09-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Greetings,

The infotainment system is a computer system. It is located in the rear boot area. Imagine booting up your computer in a hot environment. If its too hot, it may want to cool off first so as not to damage the system. What this implies is that the system may not want to start up as you would expect if its too hot in the car. Remember, it could be above 115f inside the cabin on a hot day.

Start your car first using remote application and run the Jag for 5 to 10 minutes with 64 degrees cooling. Also, use a windshield cover to keep the heat out of the vehicle. Doing this process will ensure several things occur. First, your cabin will be pleasant, the infotainment system will boot up, and your Jag will be ready for takeoff!

Best regards

Old 09-14-2016, 10:20 AM

Jaguilar,

Wait.....Are you saying that the multiple posts we've all been seeing from F-P owners experiencing ICTP issues/problems, are potentially being caused by "a hot environment" within the vehicle? If that truly is the case here, I find it absolutely astonishing! You mean these 'knowledgeable' Jag techs would not be savvy enough to properly insulate and protect an advanced system such as this from what probably occurs (depending on location and season) in most all vehicles on a daily basis? I can only mouth a very wide......Wow!

Old 09-15-2016, 04:21 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by bat5zt92
Jaguilar,

Wait.....Are you saying that the multiple posts we've all been seeing from F-P owners experiencing ICTP issues/problems, are potentially being caused by "a hot environment" within the vehicle? If that truly is the case here, I find it absolutely astonishing! You mean these 'knowledgeable' Jag techs would not be savvy enough to properly insulate and protect an advanced system such as this from what probably occurs (depending on location and season) in most all vehicles on a daily basis? I can only mouth a very wide......Wow!

Greetings

Interesting. Why would a Jag tech know how computer systems operate? Are the Jag techs now required to have a Computer Science Degree? Interesting perspective.

On the other hand, the Jag development engineers may not have fully understood safe operating environments in terms of how severe conditions could have negative outcomes to onboard systems.

Best regards

Old 09-15-2016, 10:28 AM

On that, Jaguilar, we are in agreement. And, if this truly is the case, I'd say that addressing it should not be a problem for those affected dealer service shops. In fact, I would feel much better if this is, indeed, what is happening with the ICTP system. I'd rather it be that - which should be an easy fix - instead of it being some type of virulent electronic component or other ancillary bug that could be a pain to ferret out.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 AM

I recently had my F-Pace sent in to the dealer about the regular infotainment system freezing. They did a system update and so far it have not froze yet but the thing I notice is when I try to reconnect my cellphone with Bluetooth it indicated the Jaguar XF sedan instead of the Jaguar F-Pace as a connection name. I also discovered the Reverse camera image seems more distorted then it was before and the camera POV is different then prior to the update. I wonder if there is a different software update for the F-Pace infotainment system then their other vehicle infotainment system or if it is the same for all vehicle ?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:46 AM

Slam

Have had no other problems with my ICTP system other than the CD area. They're still trying to figure it out. No trouble with cellphone or Bluetooth. Connection correctly says "Jaguar R-Pace" and have had no problems with the Reverse Camera that you mentioned. Sounds like these may be items related solely to your vehicle.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Hi
I have had a few problems, the words was yesterday. I get into my car, and the normal "iphone" bluetooth connection didn't happen. I was 1.5 hours later, had to pull over, step out of the car, lock it and then re-enter, start the car up, delete the original connection, and re-pair the phone. Not a normal thing to have to do in any stretch of the imagination. Jury is still out on this, but wasn't happy about this. Sometimes, responsiveness is brilliant overall, and sometimes a delay (minority of the time). Still a brilliant infotainment system, and I wouldn't wait....as anything going on could be repaired via software update I am sure.
Update on my post. Jaguar is trying to fix this software/firmware, but haven't a clue at the moment as to what the fix is, and are in somewhat of a "rallying pickle" to get it fixed. I had to update the last statement that I made......"as anything going on could be repaired via software update I am sure".....! Wow, was I wrong on timing, sure a fix will come about but not fast enough to my liking. Just an update....rest of car is awesome but this system is seriously a problem!!!

Old 12-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Slam
I recently had my F-Pace sent in to the dealer about the regular infotainment system freezing. They did a system update and so far it have not froze yet but the thing I notice is when I try to reconnect my cellphone with Bluetooth it indicated the Jaguar XF sedan instead of the Jaguar F-Pace as a connection name. I also discovered the Reverse camera image seems more distorted then it was before and the camera POV is different then prior to the update. I wonder if there is a different software update for the F-Pace infotainment system then their other vehicle infotainment system or if it is the same for all vehicle ?
The XF & the F-Pace share the ICTP software so there should not be any difference

Old 12-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

My new 2017 XE-R Sport with Pro is really bad! My screen freezes and reboots all the time, I hope the dealer has a SW update for it.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 PM

I am looking at getting a 2017 FP S with ICTP. This thread worries me.

Is the problem still there? The car is delivered first week of January so it is "newer" production. Have they found the fix?

I am coming from a bad relationship with another JLR product and do not want to jump into another one. I must make a decision now which direction to go.

Should I pass on the FP?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Hayseed_FP
I am looking at getting a 2017 FP S with ICTP. This thread worries me.

Is the problem still there? The car is delivered first week of January so it is "newer" production. Have they found the fix?

Should I pass on the FP?
Well, the jury is still out. My pace is in the service department, and my tech whom I trust only with my jags states that there is a remarkable difference after this software upgrade. There is yet another to follow with enhancements in March. So, if you are patient, and recognize that this is being sorted out by Jaguar, I would not pass on the car just yet. I had options, and one that I stuck with is to keep my FP, which I think is a fantastic vehicle. However, if this software doesn't meet my expectations, I will probably let it go and move to another vehicle. With this said, I am 100% confident that my tech is accurate as he has proven to be multiple times, and it will be materially improved. All else about this car is fine, and Jaguar is behind it to make/keep it so.

I will repost when I get the car back this week sometime and update on my findings after the re flash.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:00 AM

Don't pass - - the problem has been resolved. There was nothing ever wrong with the equipment. It had everything to do with user downloading errors by the service techs to their servers and then to the vehicle. Apparently, it is a very complicated and time consuming process to complete a successfully accurate update/upgrade of the ICTP system. If anything is off - - it just will not install right. Once the techs at my dealership studied and learned the proper way to accomplish this, the system in my FE was solid gold. All functions of the ICTP are now running and responsive. Navigation is now awesome as well as the CD player - which was the worst culprit.

The following 2 users liked this post by bat5zt92:
Hayseed_FP (12-21-2016), slojotaa (12-22-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bat5zt92
Don't pass - - the problem has been resolved. There was nothing ever wrong with the equipment. It had everything to do with user downloading errors by the service techs to their servers and then to the vehicle. Apparently, it is a very complicated and time consuming process to complete a successfully accurate update/upgrade of the ICTP system. If anything is off - - it just will not install right. Once the techs at my dealership studied and learned the proper way to accomplish this, the system in my FE was solid gold. All functions of the ICTP are now running and responsive. Navigation is now awesome as well as the CD player - which was the worst culprit.
This is great. My issues are relatively minor so I've been patiently waiting to get the update done pending a high level of confidence from my dealer. Maybe in January

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (12-22-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning more towards the FP over the X5. However, the new BMW IDrive 5.0 is amazing.

Is there voice input on the NAV now? Also, will it read e-mails/texts?

Old 12-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Hayseed_FP
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning more towards the FP over the X5. However, the new BMW IDrive 5.0 is amazing.

Is there voice input on the NAV now? Also, will it read e-mails/texts?
I have grossly changed my stance on this vehicle as of last night after agonizing "post acquisition" on what I should do for many of the right reasons. Read below please:

As was stated above, rightly so, although there was "nothing wrong" with the Infotainment Equipment, the equipment is only as good as the software that is in it. How this could have left the factory in such numbers without being intercepted defies all logic. In line Quality Control, as a past plant manager, I would have heads rolling, period end of story...."FULL STOP"!, for letting this go out of the factory as it did, or as tested (or not) prior to release. Sheer sloppy!!

I have also had the update to the software, which was successful without question. So the software and how to update it was and remains tricky. It is clearly doable, and having the right "JAGUAR TECH" at the dealership is your key. Ask your questions, and talk to folks who had it previously done at the dealership of your choice. If you lived closer, I have the right guy without question, but you need to ask around.

Now for the other observations:

1. - In Control Apps - Works like a champ....very pleased now with software fix.
2. - Sound (software update for AMP) Perfect, and have to keep the base very low as it is so responsive. Highs are high, lows are very low. Huge difference to a system that was decent to start with, but now 8 out of 10 to me. My F-Type is a 9.5 out of 10 (smaller cab)....... for perspective.
3. - Cd Works fine as previously stated by poster.
4. - Album art looks fine, and has a nice presentation when the music is playing, which adds to the "nice look" of the intended system.
5. - Voice controls working well, as intended originally
6. - Responsiveness and speed of system touches, prompts etc. grossly improved.
7. - Had the auto high beams adjusted months ago, and although still hyper sensitive, work much better and useful. They were off on settings by .2 (of whatever the scale was, and my tech test drove it with the computer hooked up to discover this and adjusted accordingly). It worked!
8. - One that didn't bother me as I don't plan on selling it in the next year or two is resale. The brand was just written up amongst many others in an article relative to the 10 fastest depreciating vehicles. Depreciation crosses my mind with all high end cars, but if I like them, I get them and this was not a negative for me financially or professionally. I cross the bridge when I get to it, and this isn't and wasn't on my mind with any car I bought, including those I like in the Jaguar Brand. Your call.
9. - Navigation commands are going to be included from what I understand in a next rev software update currently underway. I understand that the 1st qtr. 2017 this will be released with many other "goodies" in the works. Once again, any of the other improvements at this point are gravy to me, as it passed my tests this week, concluding with last evening. I don't plan on and have never used voice activated Navigation, so it wasn't high on my radar.
8. - Many others too much to type here....but aside from above "IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL", RIDES NICELY, and is still very unique in ride, look, and style.

In summary, this vehicle is outstanding. However, to state that there was nothing wrong with the system, and put it on the dealers (I am not affiliated or a family member with any dealers) is a stretch, in my opinion. Yes it is funky to deal with, and my tech has done an outstanding job getting good at this and has done a number of them successfully, mine most recently.

I could have moved on, and opted not to. I love the product, the model and everything about it. I knew that it would have first year blues, like every other model of car on the face of the earth outside the gate. Some things QC could have caught (Monday morning quarterback), but when i considered my choice of purchase, the answer in the crossover/SUV ranks was that nothing floats my boat aside from the F-Pace. Maybe Audi Q7, but nothing compared to the on balance liking that I have for the f-Pace, definitely not the BMW or Mercedes. I thought about the Porsche, but not a fan personally. When I analyzed the on balance features and benefits of the F-Pace, and how it fit my desires in a crossover, it kept surfacing as the right car for me.

Lastly, look at it this way. Jaguar is fully aware of the first year issues, and have a great warranty. They are reacting beyond my satisfaction and have made material strides in improving and meeting my expectations for fixing things. Should they have broken or been off in the beginning? That is always debatable with 100% of first year models, no matter what brand, so I will give them that. Are they fixing things in the UK now as a result....YES, and my chief tech in the US is one of many who is positively fueling the corrections, and has done me well without question. He is a rock star mechanic!

In summary....Happy as all hell with my F-Pace, the brand, etc. In my opinion, my agonizing on keep it or not, or what car to get or not, etc., are over for a few years, and last night when I drove it i was delighted with the car getting closer and closer to my "initial satisfaction expectations", if not exceeding them.

Hope this helps, and one persons "OPINION" only. Nobody could answer this for you but "YOU" yourself. Best of Luck, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

The following 3 users liked this post by slojotaa:
bat5zt92 (12-25-2016), elazaro (01-25-2017), Hayseed_FP (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RoonieQ
This is great. My issues are relatively minor so I've been patiently waiting to get the update done pending a high level of confidence from my dealer. Maybe in January
I see you are an F-Type R owner also. Great combo, right?!!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I hope the BT is fixed? That is the worst part and the trigger for all my Info crashes. I hate my iPhone losses connection all the time.

The following users liked this post:
bat5zt92 (01-17-2017)

Quick Reply: F pace infotainment system