F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

F-Pace Roof Rails

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Pace Roof Rails

I've a new 2017 F-Pace I purchased in November, and while I love the vehicle I'm being told there is no way to install roof rails after purchase, that this is something that can only be done in the factory in England?

Anyone know if this is true? If you want to make extra money in accessories, wouldn't you want to be able to install them after market? All I want to do is get a ski rack for the top and the dealer has said I have to go to a custom body shop to get this. What the heck?

Thanks for any info

JB

Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jonathan,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to F-Pace forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Here's a link to my MediaFire account to download the Jaguar fitting instructions for the Roof Rails:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4fo683...6769707172.pdf

Document JAF0325_1E - Roof Rails T4A606465666769707172 is a 2.3mB PDF.

The factory wouldn't release this if they didn't intend dealers (or others) to fit the rails.

Graham

Old 01-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Sorry for mispost. I did read that section and while I didn't introduce myself I thought I posting correctly.

Thanks for the help!

JB

Old 01-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Default Nope

Just got a call from Jaguar Corporate. There is no way to install roof rails unless you order it built that way. Somehow I was supposed to know that before I ordered the car. I'm not sure I can even think of another model that has those requirements. My old Evoque it was no problem. My wife's Cherokee, no problem.

Apparently not with higher end cars though. Lovely...

JB

Old 01-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Brown
Just got a call from Jaguar Corporate. There is no way to install roof rails unless you order it built that way. Somehow I was supposed to know that before I ordered the car. I'm not sure I can even think of another model that has those requirements. My old Evoque it was no problem. My wife's Cherokee, no problem.

Apparently not with higher end cars though. Lovely...

JB
I am not sure for which exact purpose you need a roof rack for but check this guys out: https://www.seasucker.com/

They make roof racks, ski racks and other equipment with suction cup mounts. I plan to use something similar on my car for ski trips.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Hey...good find. That's what I was thinking, for ski trips.

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2017, 11:57 PM

More than likely this is true...I had a 2011 BMW X5 with the same problem. Very difficult to do after purchase but not impossible IF you can find a shop willing to do/try it. If similar to my old BMW then likely will involve dropping the headliner and drilling into your roof. Risk of leaks if not done correctly and damage by those doing the retrofit but if you use OEM parts...it is possible. Just likely not done outside of the factory production line. In the end I decided to forgo the "adventure" of trying this on my X5 which I eventually sold/traded. Good Luck and let us know

Old 02-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

I think they're changing their tune on this one...

Attached Files
Old 03-10-2017, 03:26 PM

FWIW the dealer mis-ordered our first F-Pace and forgot to include the rails.

While we would have accepted having them retrofitted, at the time (mid-2016) the answer was an absolute no and new order was placed.

Looking at the schematics, it does look pretty straightforward -- drop the headliner, unbolt the filler strips, bolt in the roof rails and replace everything