I-Pace EV 2018 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I-Pace

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by enderle
We are going to need an I-Pace thread. I was at the pre-launch and just got on the list for ordering one of these. Car is amazing and they took us through a full VR tour of it thanks to Dell and HTC (Vive). Impressive performance 0-60 in 4 seconds (I think this is understated) 310 mile range. I'm guessing a price in the $50K range. This is close to final, only thing I know will be changed are the back seats, they'll fold down (they don't on the prototype). Dynamic LED headlights though the Intel system that looks through rain and snow won't make it till 2020. No physical gauges, just displays. They tell me even the wheels will make it. Ian was there and he indicated this was a close to final as any car they've ever done. Cool huh?
I think this car is gorgeous. I read somewhere it is supposed to compete with Tesla and that pricing is looking to start around $90k. Where did you hear $50k?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts
Default Launch

Originally Posted by peggysue67
I think this car is gorgeous. I read somewhere it is supposed to compete with Tesla and that pricing is looking to start around $90k. Where did you hear $50k?
I was at the pre-launch to media and analysts. They'd indicated it would be competitively priced. It is in the Tesla Y (not yet announced), Q5 class of cars, far smaller than the Tesla X and Q 7. That would place it in the $50K - 70K range not the 90K - 120K range for a SUV. At 90K for a small SUV this would be priced well out of its size class, the Tesla Y is slated to be priced in that same range just a tad higher than their new small coup and expected to arrive around the same time (2018-19)

Old 07-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Maybe I am showing my lack of knowledge here, but now that it is out, what is the difference between the E-pace and the anticipated I-Pace?
I just had a chance to check out a Tesla dealership. The concept is pretty good if you can afford to travel 250-300 miles, stop for 30-45 min. to recharge, then go for another 250-300 miles. That is not bad except when I want to go to visit family, or travel to another state. Getting there is not always "half the fun."

Old 07-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 674 Likes on 487 Posts

The E-Pace is a smaller gas engine car. I believe the E-Pace and XE are siblings, I-Pace and F-Pace are siblings. But the I is a full electric.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I remember now. I keep thinking they might come out with a hybrid version. Electric is good for around town, but if you really want to go somewhere, you would really need a long extension cord.......