F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Mirrors Folding

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Mirrors Folding

Although the feature is nice..But I can't figure out how to disable the Mirrors folding in when you lock the car....I wouldn't want to have them folded in if the car was covered in ice..

Any help appreciated

Last edited by DPK; 01-29-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

UPDATE:

I'm waiting on my OM yet ..that's why I didn't know..I went on line and looked and it said only the dealer can disable it.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 563 Likes on 382 Posts

The auto-fold can be disabled, but it's one of the settings that has to be done by the dealer.

The following users liked this post:
DPK (01-29-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 563 Likes on 382 Posts

I put together a list of the dealer configuration back in June while "patiently" waiting for ours to arrive.

Here's the complete list....

F-Pace Dealer Configuration Items
Passive arming
When the passive arming feature is enabled, it automatically arms the perimetric (exterior) alarm system 60 seconds after the driver's door is closed. All of the other doors, the hood, and the luggage compartment must also be closed before passive arming enables. The ignition must also be switched off with no valid smart keys inside the vehicle.
Passive arming does not lock the vehicle, although access to the luggage compartment, via the interior or exterior release switches, is prevented.
Daytime running lamps
With the lighting control in the OFF position or in the AUTO position, while the lighting conditions do not require the headlamps to be on, then the Daytime running lamps switch on automatically under the following conditions:
1. The engine is running.
2. The gear selector is out of Park (P) (automatic transmission).
3. The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is not applied -market dependent.
Speed-Dependent Mode
If the vehicle's speed drops below 5 mph (8 km/h) with the wipers operating, the wipers switch to the next lowest speed. When the vehicle's speed increases to over 5 mph (8 km/h), the original wiper speed setting is restored.
Vehicles without a rain sensor fitted also increase the frequency of the intermittent front wipe when the vehicle's speed increases.
Drip Wipe
If the drip wipe function is configured, the wipers operate a few seconds after a wash and wipe cycle has finished. The drip wipe function clears any remaining drips from the windshield.
Auto Mirror Fold
The mirrors can be configured to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked and unfold when unlocked.

The following users liked this post:
DPK (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 PM
DPK
Veteran Member

I went to the Jag dealer and my tech buddy tried to disable the Auto-Fold feature and couldn't do it..the program option is there, but it yielded no results.

Options: under auto-fold mirrors

Not fitted
Manual Power fold
Auto power fold

Tried them all, nothing changed..except when you select "Not Fitted" it will turn off the Power fold manual method.