F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

My F-Pace Has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My F-Pace Has Arrived

At the Port of Baltimore from Southhampton, England. It arrived on the 11th and was taken off the cargo ship on the 12th. Now it is a matter of customs, and a trailer truck ride up Interstate 95 to connect with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It's about frickin' time.

I was able to track the ship it was loaded on (the Tijuca) the day it left Southampton. Now more waiting.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

Congrat's! We'll expect a play-by-play. (And maybe an open BBQ after it comes home.)

Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Plainsman
At the Port of Baltimore from Southhampton, England. It arrived on the 11th and was taken off the cargo ship on the 12th. Now it is a matter of customs, and a trailer truck ride up Interstate 95 to connect with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It's about frickin' time.

I was able to track the ship it was loaded on (the Tijuca) the day it left Southampton. Now more waiting.
Congratulations, and I sat in one and physically saw it for the first time today at my dealers showroom. All I can say is "WOW", and goodbye 2014 XJL, and hello F-Pace. This is going to be the big brother to my 2015 F-Type S :-)!!! My wife and I are aligned on this and we both fell in love with it. What kind of deal did you negotiate (if I am not getting too personal). Want to order it, but the idea of "retail" bothers me a bit.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Should be a great car... I was wondering when you placed your order, or otherwise how long it took to go from order to present location?
Lawrence

Old 04-15-2016, 02:51 PM
GGG
Received 16,790 Likes on 12,164 Posts

You can breathe a sigh of relief. In January 2015 a container ship of Jaguars and Land Rovers headed for the US capsized just off Southampton.

Graham

Old 04-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

congrats. the f-pace really looks to be among the class of the field if not THE class of the field. no suv on the market looks as attractive cosmetically. really impressed with jag's effort entering this space!!!

enjoy!!!

best,

Pcb

Old 04-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
You can breathe a sigh of relief. In January 2015 a container ship of Jaguars and Land Rovers headed for the US capsized just off Southampton.

Graham
Wow. Now that is a true tragedy. Why couldn't have been a carrier full of Lexus'. Or is it Lexii?

Old 04-16-2016, 04:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Congratulations, and I sat in one and physically saw it for the first time today at my dealers showroom. All I can say is "WOW", and goodbye 2014 XJL, and hello F-Pace. This is going to be the big brother to my 2015 F-Type S :-)!!! My wife and I are aligned on this and we both fell in love with it. What kind of deal did you negotiate (if I am not getting too personal). Want to order it, but the idea of "retail" bothers me a bit.

I've yet to negotiate anything. I haven't seen it yet. They must be hauling my F-Pace from the docks of Baltimore to rural Pennsylvania by wagon train. Think of an old American western.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (04-17-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member

A lot of dealers are putting off price discussions on the early orders until the cars arrive. It will be interesting to hear if they truly negotiate or just hang onto MSRP now that you can see/get attached to your new baby.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by uncheel
A lot of dealers are putting off price discussions on the early orders until the cars arrive. It will be interesting to hear if they truly negotiate or just hang onto MSRP now that you can see/get attached to your new baby.
Interesting thoughts. I spoke with them about it, guaranteed myself that I was being charged a "refundable" charge, and am awaiting several things.

1) - trade in $ for the XJL 2014 with only 16,900 miles on it
2) - How much off of list (if anything). I know what I am shooting for, and it is not ridiculous the % off, but never did, am or will in the future pay sticker
3) - Confirm on what I ordered, and there is a 3 day window to do so.
4) - Incentives over and above the website with the first month free and the $500 credit before the 30th of April
5) - Waiting to see if the Jaguar Forum offers the $2500.00 buyers credit as was true in the past, which I spiked out of my incentive #4 above for amplifying how important this is as well.

Still a distance between "finale" and where I am today, but my dealer (the salesman) in NJ is pretty good, and he will work with me, as I will with him in the spirit of partnership. Both of us want a fair outcome, and we will get there.....so not that concerned.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Interesting thoughts. I spoke with them about it, guaranteed myself that I was being charged a "refundable" charge, and am awaiting several things.

1) - trade in $ for the XJL 2014 with only 16,900 miles on it
2) - How much off of list (if anything). I know what I am shooting for, and it is not ridiculous the % off, but never did, am or will in the future pay sticker
3) - Confirm on what I ordered, and there is a 3 day window to do so.
4) - Incentives over and above the website with the first month free and the $500 credit before the 30th of April
5) - Waiting to see if the Jaguar Forum offers the $2500.00 buyers credit as was true in the past, which I spiked out of my incentive #4 above for amplifying how important this is as well.

Still a distance between "finale" and where I am today, but my dealer (the salesman) in NJ is pretty good, and he will work with me, as I will with him in the spirit of partnership. Both of us want a fair outcome, and we will get there.....so not that concerned.
Who is your dealer in NJ?

Old 04-22-2016, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tommyd
Who is your dealer in NJ?
I now have an unfortunate update. My "former" dealer was Paul Miller (previously Madison Jaguar). Two jags, and no longer servicing here, let alone buying another car there.

I am changing dealers. When I finally pressed the dealer for the "final deal"..., I was sorely disgusted. I pressed hard for the "finale", and realized that the dealership:
1. - wasn't working with me at all
2. - Wanted to give me a "low price" on my trade;
3. - Wasn't yielding a penny off of sticker
4. - Applying the marketing "Steak and sizzle" demand vs. supply to justify the net deal ridiculous pricing (Trade low, retail at sticker).

Too bad, and there are a lot of retailers out there, and switching, so be careful as I spent an entire "busy" workweek back and forth, and felt there was something just not right with this dealership order...., and as the saying goes, squeezed for the answer, with the GM, not the sales rep playing hardball with a customer that was interested in "shooting hoops". Time to move on!!!

Any suggestions on a great dealership?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Plainsman
I've yet to negotiate anything. I haven't seen it yet. They must be hauling my F-Pace from the docks of Baltimore to rural Pennsylvania by wagon train. Think of an old American western.
Where in rural PA are you located?

Old 04-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Sent you a couple of PM's (please read both)

slojotaa (04-23-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 07:37 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I now have an unfortunate update. My "former" dealer was Paul Miller (previously Madison Jaguar). Two jags, and no longer servicing here, let alone buying another car there.

I am changing dealers. When I finally pressed the dealer for the "final deal"..., I was sorely disgusted. I pressed hard for the "finale", and realized that the dealership:
4. - Applying the marketing "Steak and sizzle" demand vs. supply to justify the net deal ridiculous pricing (Trade low, retail at sticker).

Too bad, and there are a lot of retailers out there, and switching, so be careful as I spent an entire "busy" workweek back and forth, and felt there was something just not right with this dealership order...., and as the saying goes, squeezed for the answer, with the GM, not the sales rep playing hardball with a customer that was interested in "shooting hoops". Time to move on!!!

Sent you a PM

Mike

slojotaa (04-28-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am working with Paul Miller in Madison. They started to give me the run around with my trade but I worked it out with them. They did not want to loose my business. I made them provide me with an out the door contract price which included all taxes, fees and rebates.

Did you work with Todd the GM?

There is Ray Catena Jaguar in Edison they have many dealerships and see a lot of their advertising but no experience with them. I doubt in the beginning you will see any discounts and yes they will always try to steal your used vehicle.

Let me know how you make out.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MKenM
I am working with Paul Miller in Madison. They started to give me the run around with my trade but I worked it out with them. They did not want to loose my business. I made them provide me with an out the door contract price which included all taxes, fees and rebates.

Did you work with Todd the GM?

There is Ray Catena Jaguar in Edison they have many dealerships and see a lot of their advertising but no experience with them. I doubt in the beginning you will see any discounts and yes they will always try to steal your used vehicle.

Let me know how you make out.
No, I worked indirectly with him through Michael. Wouldn't budge a cent and didn't want my business obviously. Moved to an internet purchase from a dealership I dealt with twice in Virginia, and am very satisfied. In fact I traded in also my F-Type S (a5) for an F-Type R (16), and they lost two deals as a result! Never again at all would I buy from them as a result.

BTW, the used vehicle(s) were included in both deals and extremely satisfied with Jaguar of Chantilly, Virginia and Richard. He wanted my business and made me feel like a 'customer'. I hated to move away from Miller, however I know when the word "ENOUGH" has meaning.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My F-Pace First Edition Is Ready For Pickup

Just heard from my dealer, my F-Pace is here and I will have it on Friday! I am so excited. Been watching and waiting for this car since September last year.

The following 2 users liked this post by peggysue67:
IB Nolan (05-11-2016), OhioRiderAaron (05-11-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by peggysue67
Just heard from my dealer, my F-Pace is here and I will have it on Friday! I am so excited. Been watching and waiting for this car since September last year.
Congrats on the new purchase and post lots of photos.

peggysue67 (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by peggysue67
Congrats! I am just back from a "pre-viewing" of the first F-Pace arrived in Norway. Very impressed with the car - looks great!

Here are a few pics from the event:

The IRR would go well with my IRR F-type

Have fun with the pickup and enjoy!

peggysue67 (05-12-2016)

Quick Reply: My F-Pace Has Arrived