F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

New F-Pace S

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New F-Pace S

The wife and I left the local Jaguar dealer with a new 2017 F-Pace S in Polaris White with the Brogue Interior. We traded in a very similar 2014 BMW X5m Sport.

Our first trouble has been the camera system. We have Driver Assistance Package with the surround camera option. We had a very similar option on the X5 and the wife used it constantly. Trouble is the cameras on the F-Pace don't work at all! No backup or side view cameras are working. The salesman is thoroughly embarrassed that we have to bring a brand new car in for service after the first day.

Has anyone else had camera troubles?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:25 PM

I found today a new software update is available which is supposed to fix many of the glitches.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywf3xt...Pix+Update.pdf

Old 11-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott S
The wife and I left the local Jaguar dealer with a new 2017 F-Pace S in Polaris White with the Brogue Interior. We traded in a very similar 2014 BMW X5m Sport.

Our first trouble has been the camera system. We have Driver Assistance Package with the surround camera option. We had a very similar option on the X5 and the wife used it constantly. Trouble is the cameras on the F-Pace don't work at all! No backup or side view cameras are working. The salesman is thoroughly embarrassed that we have to bring a brand new car in for service after the first day.

Has anyone else had camera troubles?
Just get the 2nd update westerday on the software. Seem to have fixed all the glitches...finally.
But outside that, what a car! Never had a so fun car like this, except the XKRS..
Guy

Old 11-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
But outside that, what a car! Never had a so fun car like this, except the XKRS..
Guy
Even though the GLC won 2016 Motor Trend SUV of the Year for its all-around 'niceness', it was noted that the close runner-up F-Pace drove "like a sports car".

Old 11-21-2016, 08:00 PM

We dropped of our new F-Pace Friday morning for a software up date and running boards. The techs worked on it all day today and the software installation crashed after reaching 75% twice. They are awaiting instructions from the tech team. Meanwhile the running boards came with the wrong hardware. The shop foreman said it may be another day or two...All the while we are driving around in a base RAV-4 loaner.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

we are driving around in a base RAV-4 loaner.
Your dealer don't provide you a car? Mine have XF or Discovrer as courtoisie car..
Guy

Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

We dropped of our new F-Pace Friday morning for a software up date and running boards. The techs worked on it all day today and the software installation crashed after reaching 75% twice. They are awaiting instructions from the tech team. Meanwhile the running boards came with the wrong hardware. The shop foreman said it may be another day or two...All the while we are driving around in a base RAV-4 loaner.
Makes you wonder what's going on over at the UK factory, where the assembly line workers putting your car together probably all had a hangover from too much pub hopping the night before.

RAV4's are probably what these blokes drive.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
Your dealer don't provide you a car? Mine have XF or Discovrer as courtoisie car..
Guy
It's one of the items I am going to bring up when they send the email survey, you know the one that the team begs for all 10's.

I just heard from the service department, they have tried three time to download the update into our F-Pace. This last time it crashed it took the dealer's computer too. They are awaiting instructions from the factory again...

Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member

The old Jaguars never had a problem with new electronics.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:54 AM

We are spending Thanksgiving without our new F-Pace. All the attempts the last couple of days to download new software have failed. Yesterdays excuse was they are having server trouble in New Jersey and can't access the program.

Good thing we are staying at home today, I couldn't abide having to drive a base RAV-4 loaner anywhere.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:54 AM

Finally got our new F-pace back from the shop yesterday afternoon. The 6th time on download was the charm. The service manager told us it's a three hour download and any hic up at all they have to start all over.

The new software seems to have fixed all the glitches we were aware of, slow screen changes, buttons on the screen not working at all, camera issues, radio quitting, and a multitude of other problems.

So far so good. I have heard another software update is coming out in May. I am not sure what issues it is supposed to address. Let's hope it goes easier than this last one.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah honestly I love my 2017 f-type but there are plenty of times where the software just hangs or doesn't respond even when I push the hardware buttons next to the screen it takes 2 presses sometimes. But overall can't complain , it's not the worst in the business.. also the f-pace system is probably better than the f-type