F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

New software for F-Pace just arrived

Old 11-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default New software for F-Pace just arrived

For everybody's information. Tuesday I took my F-Pace into the dealer, and they told me that that very morning, the new software just arrived for the infotainment system. It is supposed to be a "total re-do", impacting most of the problems that have been an issue since acquisition.

There is also a recall on the rear springs, which they are doing at the same time while I am there.

FYI....., good luck.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Got mine to the service westerday for a remapping of the info system. Finally, that seem to have fix all the glitches..
Will see in the next few days. So far, so good!
Guy

Old 11-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

FYI .. my service guy told me the information system does have an upgrade but would have a larger and hopefully final one in March.. this comment is in regard to the upgraded system and the XE sport.. not sure if applies to the F pace.
My F type is older and the system is fine.
Lawrence.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mulmur
FYI .. my service guy told me the information system does have an upgrade but would have a larger and hopefully final one in March.. this comment is in regard to the upgraded system and the XE sport.. not sure if applies to the F pace.
My F type is older and the system is fine.
Lawrence.
This is true, and still not perfect, but March should get us closer. Still some major glitches, but usable.

Have a great week!

Old 11-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Im in NJ and have a XE-R Sport and I hope I can get a SW update ASAP like you guys did. MY car center stack crashes al the time and locks up and is really embarrassing. I know the XE and Pace share the same stuff with the exception o the cluster so I hope this applies to me too.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BigCat09
Im in NJ and have a XE-R Sport and I hope I can get a SW update ASAP like you guys did. MY car center stack crashes al the time and locks up and is really embarrassing. I know the XE and Pace share the same stuff with the exception o the cluster so I hope this applies to me too.
Here is what I think. I am referencing the F-Pace solely, but also agree that the sharing of same stuff is a true statement for sure.

On the F-Pace, I was happy for the new software update "at first", but then it started to do crappy things infotainment wise. The infotainment still has it's major issues, is sluggish, freezes, and does goofy things that it should not. They replaced the new cable yesterday for it, and I thought this was the fix from Jaguar. "NOPE", it still behaved the same way, and the disc got stuck in the player again, the USB wasn't recognizing my stick, the skipping still took place ....just a bloody pain in the ***.

If this car wasn't so good (as is the case with the XE by the way), I would be more disgusted playing with this stuff. But, little by little, a lot slower than I would imagine, or wish for, this car is getting fixed, with the new bugs being ironed out. They just have a software mess on their hands, and the UK needs to do something about it. My Auto High Beams were fixed however by my technician....and he adjusted the both sides while test driving it connected to the laptop.....off by .2 on each side. That made me happy, so my patience persists, and I am still a fan of jaguar as they are fixing things little by little. Heck, I reflect upon the software fix on my F-Type, and the stereo sounds like "Night and Day" materially awesome and better.

Good Luck and I would talk with Steve or Stanley at Jaguar, and have "Don" the technician work on your car, as he is the best and although he isn't getting 100% of the answers form the UK, he knows, as well as the other guys the issue(s) on these cars, what is currently fixable, updatable, what is coming down the pike, and even "what isn't coming down the pike and is being reported back to Jaguar for the fix".

Have a good weekend, and Madison Jaguar is where I go, Madison NJ, now Paul Miller Jaguar.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

One week later after the last SWUpdate, I can confirm they made a lot of work on it. The presentation of the différents screens are changed. No more CD looked, live traffic fonctionnal, etc. Finally live Able!
By chance, that car is so fun to drive, we can forgive for those gliches...
Guy

Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Here is what I think. I am referencing the F-Pace solely, but also agree that the sharing of same stuff is a true statement for sure.

On the F-Pace, I was happy for the new software update "at first", but then it started to do crappy things infotainment wise. The infotainment still has it's major issues, is sluggish, freezes, and does goofy things that it should not. They replaced the new cable yesterday for it, and I thought this was the fix from Jaguar. "NOPE", it still behaved the same way, and the disc got stuck in the player again, the USB wasn't recognizing my stick, the skipping still took place ....just a bloody pain in the ***.

If this car wasn't so good (as is the case with the XE by the way), I would be more disgusted playing with this stuff. But, little by little, a lot slower than I would imagine, or wish for, this car is getting fixed, with the new bugs being ironed out. They just have a software mess on their hands, and the UK needs to do something about it. My Auto High Beams were fixed however by my technician....and he adjusted the both sides while test driving it connected to the laptop.....off by .2 on each side. That made me happy, so my patience persists, and I am still a fan of jaguar as they are fixing things little by little. Heck, I reflect upon the software fix on my F-Type, and the stereo sounds like "Night and Day" materially awesome and better.

Good Luck and I would talk with Steve or Stanley at Jaguar, and have "Don" the technician work on your car, as he is the best and although he isn't getting 100% of the answers form the UK, he knows, as well as the other guys the issue(s) on these cars, what is currently fixable, updatable, what is coming down the pike, and even "what isn't coming down the pike and is being reported back to Jaguar for the fix".

Have a good weekend, and Madison Jaguar is where I go, Madison NJ, now Paul Miller Jaguar.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the update, but I will never go/use Madison Jaguar ever. 2 strikes already for me with them so I won't use them anymore. I know the place is being revamped but it is still very poor. They wouldn't even sell me a blinker bulb for my car, they wanted me to service it for the blinker bulb at an hr rate. Now thats rough!

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (11-21-2016)