F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

SIM card in f pace and In control touch pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default SIM card in f pace and In control touch pro

I had a few issue with the infotainment system. After a few reload, it almost work fine.
Now, the SIM card is probably over but I didn't received any communication from AT and T or JLR.
Somebody know how to get more time/data on my SIM card?
Should I buy a new one from Bell Canada or Rogers!
Is the hotspot on my I Payne do the same thing of the SIM card?
Guy

Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Using a local carrier is much cheaper. I went with a Rogers sim on my share everything plan. Works the same.

Interesting you got no notices, for me they were constant as I neared the end of the three-month trial.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I am hoping some of you in the USA have found a sim carrier other than AT&T to use that will be cheaper when the free trial runs out? I haven't found a GSM Sim to work yet so I will keep an eye on this thread ....

Old 11-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I am hoping some of you in the USA have found a sim carrier other than AT&T to use that will be cheaper when the free trial runs out? I haven't found a GSM Sim to work yet so I will keep an eye on this thread ....
Freedom POP appears to be popular.

The following users liked this post:
BigCat09 (11-26-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Freedom POP appears to be popular.
I have try to see if freedomPOP is available in Canada. Doesn't seem to be an option here. Somebody know if there is the same kind of service in Canada?
Guy

Old 01-23-2017, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I have found a better solution that works great for me. I felt the 3G speeds were way to slow for me so I went with the 2 solutions below.

1) I use my iPhones mobile hotspot for connectivity to my Jaguar now that the free trial has expired and I find it not only super easy but super cheap and fast. The speeds are much faster when using my iPhone as the hot spot and it uses such lil data that I don't even notice it in my billing and I use the Jag screen a lot for searches, etc on trips.

2) I have Optimum as my home ISP and they give me free mobile hot spots across most of NA and I was able to login on the Jag so it to is now a connected hotspot and that is totally free. The only drawback is since you are moving it can drop the connection sometimes si I mostly use my mobile hotspot on my iPhone for a more stable connection when not sitting still.