F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Test drive the F Pace

Old 05-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drive the F Pace

What a Blast! My wife smiled ear to ear while driving it.
We narrowed our next car down to the XT5, F-pace and the Q7. All of them skinned in there best dress.
All of these SUV's are fine choices.
The XT5 got dropped due to being over priced for what you get. The Audi is a tech rich rolling luxury liner. Everything works as it should and it drives beautiful. The F-Pace is pretty much the F1 car of SUV's. The tech was nice but not perfect. Interior was excellent with the exception of a few hard plastic bits.
In the end we decided the Q7 would be best to live with for the next six to eight years.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the Q7 is a LOT larger than the F-Pace, so its a bit odd you compared it against that and the XT5 - when its the Q5 that is the competitor in the class.

IMO F-Pace will dominated X3, Q5, and GLC in driving dynamics and other performance metrics. RX will beat them all in terms of ride comfort, but is otherwise an incredibly boring car.

Q7 is probably the better of the bunch compared against GLE and X5 though. So you still made the right choice! .

Enjoy the car! I am not a personal fan of the simple design but tech overload that Audi does now, but things like virtual cockpit blew my mind (until they break out of warranty :/ ).

Old 05-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Q7 definitely isn't in the same class as the the other two I compared. I was comparing the cars we were considering for our purchase.
The F-Pace crushes everthing in its class.
My big issue with our current cars and most we looked at was the half hearted technology. The Jaguar Touch Pro was one of the better systems we used with the exception of some features a bit hard to access. A few things like lack of android auto and apple car play were disappointing. Supposedly they are both on the way. If you play with the system for a bit you can see some of the little flaws.
My advice for anyone shopping for any vehicle, is to get a real in depth demo of how all the tech works.
Most car companies are really putting out some garbage infotainment systems. So bad that IMO they are better off not putting anything in the cars at all.
My top of the line 2014 Honda Odyssey has an infotainment system that is so bad, it isn't even useable. The drivers safety warning systems are useless because the audible tone warnings can't be heard over the stereo on a low volume. Not to mention most of the warnings are false. I would sum it up by saying at this point of automotive technology, the manufactures are just checking boxes and rushing the safety in infotainment systems out with no regards to whether they systems work well or at all.