F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 days of use

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 6 days of use

It's a big head turner! Doors are harder to close. Center rear console keeps opening. I will likely get it tuned...it's a big head turner, did I mention that?

Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for keeping us updated on your day to day adventures with your new F type.

I got to see the Firesand color in person yesterday....and boy is it orange!

I hope I don't regret getting that color. The black seats with the contrast stitching looks nice.

cheers

Originally Posted by SkipM
It's a big head turner! Doors are harder to close. Center rear console keeps opening. I will likely get it tuned...it's a big head turner, did I mention that?

The following users liked this post:
SkipM (05-29-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Some of us can live vicariously through your adventures with your great car. Please keep us posted!

SkipM (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 03:14 PM

Every time I come out to the car, the vertical center console door is open...weird... handles fantastic in a downpour, better than the XKR

Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 PM

Today the lane change warning system failed - slight rain - nothing out of the ordinary - we'll see if it works when i leave the office tonight...Also, the windows don't go up when you close the top using the roof button - In the XKR if you held the button up they would close after the roof latched. Also, much windier cockpit even with the screen than the XKR with aftermarket windscreen

Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Today the lane change warning system failed - slight rain - nothing out of the ordinary - we'll see if it works when i leave the office tonight...Also, the windows don't go up when you close the top using the roof button - In the XKR if you held the button up they would close after the roof latched. Also, much windier cockpit even with the screen than the XKR with aftermarket windscreen
Yes I noticed that too - the windows go up automatically on my XKR but not on the F-Type - no big deal but at first I thought something was wrong. I won't get to test my car in the rain. Never rains in Vegas

Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
I won't get to test my car in the rain. Never rains in Vegas
Oh yes it does! We had a couple of days of downpours last October at the R Academy in the Las Vegas Speedway. Makes drifting a little easier.

Mike

Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsammon
Oh yes it does! We had a couple of days of downpours last October at the R Academy in the Las Vegas Speedway. Makes drifting a little easier.

Mike
I was making a joke - but it appears I failed with you anyway.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Every time I come out to the car, the vertical center console door is open...weird...
Did you find a solution to this yet? I picked up my V6S (Salsa Red) yesterday, and this has already happened a few times. I pointed the dealer to this forum, as he hadn't heard about this yet.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM

My dealer asked me to bring it by - have not yet - for the latch. Cockpit too windy I think as well - the screen not effective is my take - i wonder if glass would make a difference. Wish there was a button to quiet(er) mode.

Still a looker and fun to drive!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

I was surprised that the deflector appears to be a perforated fabric. I'll bet an aftermarket solid one will appear soon. Rear visibility through it isn't too bad, but I found the view is distorted enough that I couldn't tell if a police cruiser was behind me, or a car with a roof rack. Important difference...

Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM

Ok, the console door, early models only, first 100-150, pops open when you lock the car, officially. Parts on order by dealer. Finally, check the passenger side seat belt shoulder holder on the seat. Mine was stripped, much cheaper setup than the XKR. parts on order. Any sign of a glass wind deflector?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The center console opens on mine when I lock the doors. Its weird because that latch doesn't seem to have any electric components but something is definitely activating it.

I thought it was the motion of door slamming but it happens when I actually lock the car.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Polishmike
The center console opens on mine when I lock the doors. Its weird because that latch doesn't seem to have any electric components but something is definitely activating it.

I thought it was the motion of door slamming but it happens when I actually lock the car.
There's a service bulletin on it now, what it's supposed to do is lock it when you lock your car...instead it, the lever inside the back, opens vs closes. Take it in, they'll order you parts based on your VIN

Polishmike (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 PM

There's a service bulletin on it now, what it's supposed to do is lock it when you lock your car...instead it, the lever inside the back, opens vs closes. Take it in, they'll order you parts based on your VIN
Yah, I talked to the dealer about it. They are ready for me. I am waiting for the TSB on the suspension since the dealer is a bit of a drive and this isnt the biggest deal.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Default ECO mode (I think) glitch

So, 2 more items - both re ECO mode.. Yesterday I pull up to a stoplight for a left hand U turn - my light goes green just as I almost slow down, or maybe I even did just come to almost a stop, hit the gas to proceed with my U-turn and complete loss of power - I look down and the engine has cut off - luckily I had enough forward momentum (busy 3 lane each way highway) to complete the turn coasting into the break down lane on the right side. I put the car in Park - and then hit the start button and on my merry way again - but just in case this was the ECO cut off (don't know how I would have had any momentum however to do my u-turn) I left the car in Sport the rest of my drive back to office.

Additionally, I have noticed at highway speeds - I think around 1800 RPM - if in regular D with no dynamic, and no Sport - that the exhaust has a sound like a hole, or loose fitting - coming from more under the car than behind - maybe like the resonance setting is out of synch or something? Anyone else? I have a friend that was driving with me and heard same as me.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

On my V6S at lower speeds, I occasionally hear what sounds to me like a head shield resonating. It blends in pretty well with the exhaust, but I don't think it's the exhaust.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 PM

Does leaving the car in Sport mode eliminate the auto shut-off "feature" does anyone know?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 AM

So, 2 more items - both re ECO mode.. Yesterday I pull up to a stoplight for a left hand U turn - my light goes green just as I almost slow down, or maybe I even did just come to almost a stop, hit the gas to proceed with my U-turn and complete loss of power - I look down and the engine has cut off - luckily I had enough forward momentum (busy 3 lane each way highway) to complete the turn coasting into the break down lane on the right side. I put the car in Park - and then hit the start button and on my merry way again - but just in case this was the ECO cut off (don't know how I would have had any momentum however to do my u-turn) I left the car in Sport the rest of my drive back to office.

Additionally, I have noticed at highway speeds - I think around 1800 RPM - if in regular D with no dynamic, and no Sport - that the exhaust has a sound like a hole, or loose fitting - coming from more under the car than behind - maybe like the resonance setting is out of synch or something? Anyone else? I have a friend that was driving with me and heard same as me.

The first thing I do EVERY time I get in the car is turn the ECO mode off. Have had bad experience in other cars and absolutely hate these systems

Old 07-26-2013, 09:39 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mcurrier
Does leaving the car in Sport mode eliminate the auto shut-off "feature" does anyone know?
I was stopped at a light last night, with the engine off in 'ECO' mode. Threw it in sport mode, and the engine stayed off, so I'd say No, sport mode doesn't disable ECO. ECO mode is disabled in Dynamic mode, though.

Quick Reply: 6 days of use