F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR Moved My ETA - Further Out 😤

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
OK, I place my order for the R Coupe on August 23rd and paid a deposit. The dealer provided me an order specification sheet a few days later. Originally, delivery was to be early December. Now they say late December. I asked the dealer to provide me a copy of the order/build confirmation from JLR with a build and ETA estimate and there is just silence from them (the dealer). Is it possible they may not have placed the order? I was supposed to get one of their allocation. Could it have gone to someone else? Is it too soon for the dealer to have the build/ETA date and, if so, wouldn't they at least have an order conformation from JLR?
My GM placed my order on 7/8 and emailed me the Build Sheet the same day for me to look over and approve. It had the ETA, Build Date, Last Change Date, etc.
The dealer has all this info AS SOON as the order is placed.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 PM

Received an email update from my GM this morning. He emails me the info exactly as it shows when he accesses the main order system. It shows my order number and beside it states "Being Built". Lovely words LOL.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

PD2911 - Thanks for info on how your order was processed and what you received after placing the order. I didn't receive any of that so I am a little concerned. Will have to check in with the dealer.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
Received an email update from my GM this morning. He emails me the info exactly as it shows when he accesses the main order system. It shows my order number and beside it states "Being Built". Lovely words LOL.
"Being Built" is always good news,lol...hopefully I'll be in that same boat tomorrow!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you had your contact at the dealership check your ETA recently?

Just got an update today, and still on track for 10/31 delivery. Car is now built and has a VIN, so things are looking good on mine!

Frank

Old 09-17-2014, 04:36 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Build update

My GM placed my order on 7/8 and emailed me the Build Sheet the same day for me to look over and approve. It had the ETA, Build Date, Last Change Date, etc.
The dealer has all this info AS SOON as the order is placed.
I requested this information from my dealer and still have nothing so I should assume my order has not been placed? Since I placed the order almost a month ago I am concerned especially about the delivery date which they tell me is end of December but may be later if they have not placed the order. I may call JLR and see if they can provide me information.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
I requested this information from my dealer and still have nothing so I should assume my order has not been placed? Since I placed the order almost a month ago I am concerned especially about the delivery date which they tell me is end of December but may be later if they have not placed the order. I may call JLR and see if they can provide me information.
sounds to me like you have a dealer that simply is lazy, or uncooperative, or both. I could anticipate the various reasons they might give for not offering this information, but if you've placed an order, the information is on their "Vista" computer terminal.
Have you given them a deposit? Assuming the answer is yes, I would insist on a copy of the Vista Build Sheet.

If you have not secured an order with a nominal, fully refundable deposit, or if they have not asked you to sign any document verifying the specs on the "order" you believe you placed, then I would be suspicious too as to if an order truly exists.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Got an update. Dealer says it is has a build date of Oct 4th. I asked if it also has an ETA for delivery as well.

What is the typical time between build and delivery?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

There should be a delivery date if you have a build date. Mine took approx 5 weeks to get to SoCal - built on 6/11, delivered on 7/24

Old 09-17-2014, 04:43 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I assume your car will go through the Panama Canal and into Long Beach. I don't recall if mine went into Baltimore or Newark.

Here's a satellite view of cars being loaded onto carriers in Newark. Pan around - that's a lot of cars. Long Beach is similar.
https://goo.gl/maps/A0d63

Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Actually, cars for the SoCal area are delivered to Port Hueneme, not Long Beach.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by another_geek
There should be a delivery date if you have a build date. Mine took approx 5 weeks to get to SoCal - built on 6/11, delivered on 7/24
They said they didn't have an ETA, won't get it until it is built.

But I'm not picking it up in LA, I bought it from a dealer in Colorado. Wonder if that increases delivery time. I assume it will come in from the east coast, or the Gulf.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Got an update. Dealer says it is has a build date of Oct 4th. I asked if it also has an ETA for delivery as well.

LynxFX - May ask what your original order date was?

Thanks
kjamo

Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kjamo
LynxFX - May ask what your original order date was?

Thanks
kjamo
Aug 28th or 29th is when they should have entered in my order. I believe they just modified an allocation that they had already put in.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:34 PM

Aug 28th or 29th is when they should have entered in my order. I believe they just modified an allocation that they had already put in.
Thank you! My order went in a week behind yours on 9/3 so I was really strarting to get excited. However after rereading your post it sounds like the original order of yours could have been weeks prior.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Thank you! My order went in a week behind yours on 9/3 so I was really strarting to get excited. However after rereading your post it sounds like the original order of yours could have been weeks prior.
I think so. When I first started talking with them about a custom order they expected the delivery date to fall around January. Once I actually placed it they said they would modify one of the current allocations. So now I'm guessing early November?

Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM

I think so. When I first started talking with them about a custom order they expected the delivery date to fall around January. Once I actually placed it they said they would modify one of the current allocations. So now I'm guessing early November?
From what I've read, early November sounds about right for you. I'm thinking late Dec. early Jan. for me. Hope to see some pics when your's comes in.

kjamo

Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM

From what I've read, early November sounds about right for you. I'm thinking late Dec. early Jan. for me. Hope to see some pics when your's comes in.

kjamo
I'll definitely post pics. My first days with the car will be a 1000 mile road trip.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:37 PM

They said they didn't have an ETA, won't get it until it is built.

But I'm not picking it up in LA, I bought it from a dealer in Colorado. Wonder if that increases delivery time. I assume it will come in from the east coast, or the Gulf.
That is wrong. The date the order is entered the vista system generates an order number, build date, last change date and ETA.
As I well know, those dates can change, but if your dealer has actually entered your order they DO have this info.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:40 PM

At this point mine will be 53 days from the beginning build date to the ETA.

Quick Reply: JLR Moved My ETA - Further Out 😤