F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

options you wish you had bought or not bought

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I got the chrome pedals but not the dead pedal/footrest.
To each his own, but I thought the footrest was too much bling for the footwell....the chrome borders are thicker than on the other pedals so it really stands out.
I have white/cirrus seats so there is a lot of contrast in the cabin already.

If I had black I'd think about it to provide more contrast in the cabin, as others have mentioned.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Didn't even know the dead pedal was an option! I've been missing the dead pedal. In normal driving it's no big deal but for spirited driving I think the dead pedal is really useful, unless you've learned the art of left foot braking (which I haven't).

Old 08-31-2014, 03:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by another_geek
I think you are confusing the treadplates which cover the door sills with the stainless steel footrest. I don't believe the footrest is standard for any model.
Hmm.. Yes you are correct.

The "Pedal Footrest" is an extra £144.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Didn't even know the dead pedal was an option! I've been missing the dead pedal. In normal driving it's no big deal but for spirited driving I think the dead pedal is really useful, unless you've learned the art of left foot braking (which I haven't).
This was one of my complaints of the car, didn't know it was an option - they taught us on the track that when driving fast in corners you should have your foot planted there for support as often as possible. Without the actual pedal, it feels weird/wrong.

Unrelated to that, but to other points in this thread... two other things I noticed this weekend:
1) the paddles
The paddles work by being bolted in, and then they are levers that push back against a switch (fairly common setup, it is just whether they push a switch on the wheel, or at the base of the lever). They themselves have a power cord, but they are not the switch - the power is for lights, they have a +/- sign that lights up - or the plastic ones do - not sure on metal ones

2) the heated windshield
My convertible had *very* noticable lines in it, and I think they were horizontal - copper looking, and they caused issues when driving at night.
My new coupe does not have the heated windshield on its spec sheet, but it does have a button for front window defrost, and it *does* have lines of metal in the glass - but they are smaller, less noticeable, and go vertically - they do not cause the issues at night and the starburst of the light.

I don't know if the coupe/convertible use different heating elements in glass, or if they changed how they do it, or if my coupe has something else (since it wasn't on the build sheet) - just stating what I saw.

The following 2 users liked this post by omgomg:
F-typical (09-02-2014), knoxville379 (09-02-2014)
Old 09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Even though I do like my wheels, I kinda think I'd've been happier with the black Tornado's. I get jealous when I see you guys w/ the Polaris Coupes with them.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Even though I do like my wheels, I kinda think I'd've been happier with the black Tornado's. I get jealous when I see you guys w/ the Polaris Coupes with them...
While I'll admit Jaguar's wheel selection is certainly lacking,I am happy with the 19" Black Centrifuge wheel I chose and looks perfect to me against the Polaris White.

The 18" Silver Vela's weren't going to cut it and I'm not a fan of the exposed hardware on the Black Tornado's, plus I was trying to avoid going to 20" wheels based on all the comments I read regarding ride quality so in the end, it was a compromise...but one I can easily live with.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by omgomg
This was one of my complaints of the car, didn't know it was an option - they taught us on the track that when driving fast in corners you should have your foot planted there for support as often as possible. Without the actual pedal, it feels weird/wrong.

Unrelated to that, but to other points in this thread... two other things I noticed this weekend:
1) the paddles
The paddles work by being bolted in, and then they are levers that push back against a switch (fairly common setup, it is just whether they push a switch on the wheel, or at the base of the lever). They themselves have a power cord, but they are not the switch - the power is for lights, they have a +/- sign that lights up - or the plastic ones do - not sure on metal ones

2) the heated windshield
My convertible had *very* noticable lines in it, and I think they were horizontal - copper looking, and they caused issues when driving at night.
My new coupe does not have the heated windshield on its spec sheet, but it does have a button for front window defrost, and it *does* have lines of metal in the glass - but they are smaller, less noticeable, and go vertically - they do not cause the issues at night and the starburst of the light.

I don't know if the coupe/convertible use different heating elements in glass, or if they changed how they do it, or if my coupe has something else (since it wasn't on the build sheet) - just stating what I saw.
I've yet to drive my Ftype R in cold enough weather for defrost, however, on my XKR I had the heated windscreen, which we need around here, and also another defrost switch for the front window which was to blast the defrost air at a high setting. So my guess is that you have the same thing which would simply blast hot air at the windshield, once the engine is warm.
Lawrence

Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Is there a dead pedal in the coupe? There is not one in my XK.
Since I ordered the option with the chrome covers I would like to order the cover for the dead pedal if there is one.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
Since I ordered the option with the chrome covers I would like to order the cover for the dead pedal if there is one.
Yes there is a stainless steel footrest for the F-Type coupe. See page 17 of the Accessories Catalog. http://www.jaguarusa.com/Images/5-22...cm97-36307.pdf

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (09-05-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
Yes, see my earlier post in this thread for a pic.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (09-05-2014)
Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by another_geek
Yes, see my earlier post in this thread for a pic.
I've followed this thread from the first post, it's crazy that I missed seeing your pic. Now I know, so I have to have one too.