F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 F-Type Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 F-Type Exhaust Question

Hey everyone, brand new to forums..did a bit of searching but confused by the answers.

I understand the V6S and R types have active exhaust.

I just purchased a new base F-Type with no such button. I have the dynamic switch to the left of the gear changer but thats it. Also is automatic.

Curious, I have read on here that the valves are always open on the base? Meaning..it sounds as if active exhaust is always on. Or am I confused by this and in fact the valves are always closed, even when in dynamic mode.

Just looking for a straight forward answer. thanks!!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by ebaydan777
Hey everyone, brand new to forums..did a bit of searching but confused by the answers.

I just purchased a new base F-Type with no such button. I have the dynamic switch to the left of the gear changer but thats it. Also is automatic.

Curious, I have read on here that the valves are always open on the base? Meaning..it sounds as if active exhaust is always on. Or am I confused by this and in fact the valves are always closed, even when in dynamic mode.

Unless you have active exhaust as an option on the base, you have no valves.Your sound level will be almost as loud as the active exhaust with the valves open, but not quite. Depending on model level and options, active exhaust valves might be controlled by the computer only, or it may be switchable (with a separate button).

Old 01-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ebaydan777

If you are looking for the pop, use sport mode and get above 4KRPM and let off

Old 01-14-2017, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by SGT h0llywood
If you are looking for the pop, use sport mode and get above 4KRPM and let off
yes was looking for that 'pop' sound, curious if its the same on my model vs say the V6 S or alike.

Will try this in sport mode, would it be wiser to use manual shifting for greater effect?

Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes. Downshift into second gear and then just very lightly touch the throttle and it should pop and crack a lot.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:12 PM

Is there launch control on the base model of the f type?