F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amonite Gray - Rim Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I'm a fan of the carbon fiber oem wheels. Also like deep concave (bronze black Ferrada's posted on another thread). Much depends on look you are trying to achieve. Stealth, classy, etc.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
that car is a beautiful machine. What colour is the interior?
Thanks for the appreciation. Interior is black. Paddles are black, Stop/Start is black. Only obvious shiny things inside are the steering wheel leaper and glove box button...

I may even blacken that leaper. Will be doing the rear spoiler one soon.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Okay, I thought I'd put this question here since I also have an Ammonite Grey car. I've been back and forth with a very nice guy from an HRE Wheels vendor. I love their P-107 style forged wheels. We both think that wheel in Brushed Titanium would look awesome on my Ammonite Grey Coupe. Weight for these is about 22 lbs, vs close to 30 for the OEM Orbits I currently run. Problem is the cost. These wheels are made to order. They make the wheels, mount my choice of tire, and ship right to me, ready to bolt on. Total is close to $12k. That's a lot of scratch!
My car only has 3500 miles, so tires like new and wheels perfect. I could talk myself into it if the tires were worn out or the Orbits damaged. So, what should I do??
Series P1 - P107 | HRE Performance Wheels

Old 01-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by drbill
Okay, I thought I'd put this question here since I also have an Ammonite Grey car. I've been back and forth with a very nice guy from an HRE Wheels vendor. I love their P-107 style forged wheels. We both think that wheel in Brushed Titanium would look awesome on my Ammonite Grey Coupe. Weight for these is about 22 lbs, vs close to 30 for the OEM Orbits I currently run. Problem is the cost. These wheels are made to order. They make the wheels, mount my choice of tire, and ship right to me, ready to bolt on. Total is close to $12k. That's a lot of scratch!
My car only has 3500 miles, so tires like new and wheels perfect. I could talk myself into it if the tires were worn out or the Orbits damaged. So, what should I do??
Series P1 - P107 HRE Performance Wheels
My 2c: Wait for a good looking set of 15 lb cf wheels to be produced.

The following users liked this post:
drbill (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I think you can find the same style (maybe not weight though) for less money.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Series P1 - P107 | HRE Performance Wheels

It is cold outside, and if I had $12K to burn in a fireplace for heat....so be it, possibly I would do this. But......$TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS? This isn't a serious question is it? All a matter of taste, but if I had all of the money printing capability like the Fed, maybe. But $12K is ridiculous, period end of story. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Old 01-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
It is cold outside, and if I had $12K to burn in a fireplace for heat....so be it, possibly I would do this. But......$TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS? This isn't a serious question is it? All a matter of taste, but if I had all of the money printing capability like the Fed, maybe. But $12K is ridiculous, period end of story. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck!
Yes, I'm with you! That's a lot of jack! Now, they ARE custom made forged wheels, a superior product for sure. Stronger, lighter and arguably better looking. The reason most manufacturers use cast wheels. Just way cheaper. I just wish we had some more affordable options for forged wheels that would bolt right up.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Yes, I'm with you! That's a lot of jack! Now, they ARE custom made forged wheels, a superior product for sure. Stronger, lighter and arguably better looking. The reason most manufacturers use cast wheels. Just way cheaper. I just wish we had some more affordable options for forged wheels that would bolt right up.
Agree, and although I think a lot of dough.....wheels still remain the cheapest auto upgrade out there. A simple set of wheels, changes the entire look of the car. Simply amazing. There have to be other options, no?