F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by loudcry
I received a negative comment for the first time since I got my F-Type. I was pulling out of a parking spot after picking up some food and a middle aged man walks over, shakes his head and says "That sound is too loud and annoying". Kinda pissed me off, but oh well. Can't impress everyone.
I dropped my wife off to put our name in for breakfast at a restaurant while I went to park. An older gentlemen asked her if it was Jaguar, she responded yes and he said "it's to loud".

Old 03-19-2017, 07:47 PM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

I umpire travel baseball. I'm parked in a wedge in the park and finished my last game of the day. To leave, I have to slowly back out and turn sharply. I have my windows open as it's hot in the car after a long day (I live in Florida). In backing out, I'm right on the outfield fence where a group of 10-year olds are grouped getting warm-up hits. They all turn and pay attention to me and my car. They beg for a rev and I give one quick one, and go nuts. Then they want me to peel out. I'm on grass, so I give one quick burst and slide slightly on the grass. The kids go bananas! The poor coach briefly lost all control over his entire team LOL

Last edited by PolkNole; 03-19-2017 at 07:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SGT h0llywood (03-19-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

When I'm the first car at stop lights (with my wife in the car), I like to use about 1/2 throttle and shift at 4,000, just rowing up through the gears (driving on the pipe, not the cam ;-)). Nice sounds, lotsa shifts, gets to the speed limit quickly...

Last night, there was a Camry next to me. I didn't pay any attention to him until, 1,000 feet after I had shut down at 50 mph, he came flying by me at about 75 mph. Then he slowed down and led me home. Weird.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

No detailed stories to share, but just the usual worship from other GUYS that everyone else has experienced. I could lie and say I hate it.

I've owned over 50+ cars, many nice, many POSs. Probably the only vehicle that came close for attention was an H1 Hummer Black Wagon that the prior owner put a $20k stereo into with neon light and the whole pimp my ride vide.

Went great with my tinnitus.

Uncle Fishbits (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 03:40 AM
CKW
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I've driven a merc e class for 10+ years, and then a VW 7 seater for a few. Once I've started driving this F type, I've realized cars wanting to speed past me. It's never happened before...

Uncle Fishbits (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Yesterday while out in my first long drive of the year (2 hours of twisty joy) I was headed down Falls road in Maryland and about half way down that run I came up on a ford hatchback and in front of him was grandma.....suffice it to say I was perturbed. Finally about a mile further granny turned off and the hatchback hit the gas. I hung back a bit then resumed my brisk pace. Upon reaquiring the ford in my sights he almost immediately pulled off to the side and let me by. I waved as I passed and he and his passenger both hand their hands out waving. I took of for another mile or two before reaching a light and he pulled up behind me, honked a couple of times and then he and his passenger both pointed at my F and gave double thumbs up. I smiled and waved back but then the pice d'resistance happened just before the light turned a Ferrari 430 and a Mclaren turned together and passed us. Of course I looked and waved but then I hear the guys behind me yelling out to me after the Supercars had passed "we like yours better".

loudcry (04-05-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts
Smile

Tamela and your son?

Old 04-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

They want nothing to do with me when I'm driving!

Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
They want nothing to do with me when I'm driving!
Join the club!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I get kids riding school buses waving and wanting a wave back. Happened again yesterday. They get a kick out of it when you wave back. They obviously recognize the car as something out of the ordinary.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Join the club!
ditto!

Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 PM
UC3
Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Took our lab to the vet yesterday to get her annual shots in the F-Type and just happened to park it right out front. Word got around apparently inside because when we checked out to leave, the practice owner and a couple vet techs all wanted to come out and look at her and hear her when I cranked up to leave. Prior to this F-Type I have had many sports cars and just sold a gorgeous Corvette Grand Sport. In the week I have been driving this F-Type I have received more looks, thumbs up, "nice car," etc than in the past several years in other cars...and this one is not even finished being rebuilt yet. Can't wait to see the reaction when I get her the way I want her...

Burt Gummer (04-16-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah the odd 'thumbs ups' and waves are almost getting comical. People seem to really like the black powdercoated Gyrodynes - I've heard three 'nice rims' comments.

The F-type doesn't seem to get the opposite - jealous, hatred vibe that many cars get. More people see it as a fun toy and not a status thing like an AMG GT or other cars.

UC3 (04-16-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Do dogs count as bystanders? My neighbor told me that he dog barks every time I start my car. The garage door is down when I start it and there is a decent amount of distance between our homes so I never thought my neighbors hearing it.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a disturbing response this past Saturday at our local cars and coffee in Beaufort SC. I pulled in to a spot between four Ferraris. I got out of my car and locked it do to having my AR in the trunk (I was going to the range after the show). I walked past five guys that were probably in their twenties standing infront of the five cars, and heard one of them say Ferrari, Ferrari, piece of ****, Ferrari. I spun around in my tracks, and confronted the 20 something kid asking if he just called my beautiful Polaris white F Type a piece of ****. He backtracked and said that he was talking about what it would look like if he lined up his car between the Ferraris. This fifty eight year old guy was ready to take on all five of the twenty something guys after what I heard from them. But luckally my mind is still sharp and I walked away. They were gone when I came back a half hour later. Thank god.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Mine neighbors have never said a word and I have never asked. Decided to let that sleeping dog lie.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Mine neighbors have never said a word and I have never asked. Decided to let that sleeping dog lie.
I hope I annoy the neighbors that my garage faces. Long story, but I don't like them much.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member

My 80+year old lady neighbor always complimented my CTS-V exhaust. She said it brought back fond memories of her youth. Cool lady.

So I asked her if she would like to hear something a bit louder next time I was pulling out LOL.

I backed right up to her open garage door and home entryway and let her have it. Needless to say, I am even more the talk of the neighborhood over this act.

Beats 'fishing' for kids with my fishing pole and string tied off to candy bars off my deck last year at Halloween.

Blast zone:

RickyJay52 (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bugeye1959
I had a disturbing response this past Saturday at our local cars and coffee in Beaufort SC. I pulled in to a spot between four Ferraris. I got out of my car and locked it do to having my AR in the trunk (I was going to the range after the show). I walked past five guys that were probably in their twenties standing infront of the five cars, and heard one of them say Ferrari, Ferrari, piece of ****, Ferrari. I spun around in my tracks, and confronted the 20 something kid asking if he just called my beautiful Polaris white F Type a piece of ****. He backtracked and said that he was talking about what it would look like if he lined up his car between the Ferraris. This fifty eight year old guy was ready to take on all five of the twenty something guys after what I heard from them. But luckally my mind is still sharp and I walked away. They were gone when I came back a half hour later. Thank god.
Happy to hear your cool head prevailed. SO NOT worth it. Over what? Words. Thank God is right.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member

Don't ask, don't tell. Don't care! I like your style MB (and your taste in wine!).

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?