F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type 'HOW TO' Guides and Information

Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
It's really easy, I have removed mine and replaced it with some black carpet so I now have a compartment to store my fit-overs.
Just squeeze the middle section in fairly hard and it should pull straight out.
does that leave the aluminium in place? I'm getting a new car soon and on my old car, after a year or two the aluminum was all scratched from bottles and cans etc, if its that easy I might pull it out and put some protective film on the ally

Old 02-06-2017, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_Sw1
does that leave the aluminium in place? I'm getting a new car soon and on my old car, after a year or two the aluminum was all scratched from bottles and cans etc, if its that easy I might pull it out and put some protective film on the ally
No, the whole thing comes out leaving just an empty box.

The following users liked this post:
dave_Sw1 (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
No, the whole thing comes out leaving just an empty box.
hmm my other option is to cut some film circles and try to get them the right size and in the right place, but that is probably not as easy.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_Sw1
hmm my other option is to cut some film circles and try to get them the right size and in the right place, but that is probably not as easy.
If you want to try this then it would be much easier to do with the cup holders out of the car. Just squeeze and pull and out they come!
Then when you are done push it/them back in again.

dave_Sw1 (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 06:43 AM

i'll give it ago, i'm assuming everyone has the same issue with the aluminium being scratched?

Old 02-24-2017, 01:43 PM
Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Great posts on this thread. Thanks to all.

I've now got 4 days with my '16 F type R and have the following things I've not yet figured out. If anyone has answers, please advise:
1) Phone voice dialing - my microphone icon on the main phone (dialpad) screen is greyed out and I cannot enable it. Someone earlier said to voice dial, all you do is hit that icon and announce your call. How do I enable my microphone?
2) I live in South Florida. Due to the humidity we run all our cars on "max" or recirc - whatever the manufacture happens to call it. I would like my AC to stay in the recirc configuration (or at worst, the last set position). Alternatively stated, I want it to be my default condition. Like item 3 below, unfortunately I need to manually switch to recirc every time I start the car. Anyone know how to set the way I prefer?
3) For the same reason as 2), I want my "auto-start" to also either stay in the last set position, or automatically begin in the "off" mode (i.e. don't auto start). Is there a default setting or workaround for this one?
4) Dynamic Launch - it appears that in 2016 with the R model (5 liter supercharged) - this is not an active feature. I tried a few times to no avail. The only thing I didn't do was really rev the engine high to enable the message to illuminate. Any hints here or am I correct in my assumption that it is not a part of my car?
thanks to all!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I can only comment on 3 and 4. The Auto-Start feature will be active every time you start the car; you must punch the button each time, to turn it off. No joy

I also understand that launch control does not apply to my 2016 R

Larry

Old 02-24-2017, 03:13 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Look in your manual under Heating and Ventilation. Press the recirculate button for 'timed' recirculation, press and hold for 'continuous.'

More interesting, if you have the air quality sensor (sort of thought these were standard), it will automatically switch to recirculate based on air pollution or humidity. And you can set how sensitive it is, under 'Settings' on the Climate menu.

At least, the manual for my 2014 says all this. No idea if it still applies - thus, check your manual.

And Dynamic Launch has always been on the V6S only.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:28 PM

Y'all (Southern term) are great! Thanks for the prompt replies.

Isbordsky - thanks - sounds like this bothers you as much as I! I'll reach out to a dude in the Hyundai Genesis community - he figured out a workaround pedal and button pushing scenario to totally bypass the traction control system (enabling burnouts). Certainly we can find someone smart regarding the Jag firmware to get us a workaround for this autostart nonsense!

DJS - regarding the dynamic launch - thanks for the confirmation. In reality with AWD it is very well planted so no problem either way. Regarding the recirc mode - unfortunately I do not have a paper manual as of yet. I've been trying to rely on the electronic version available on the internet and simply put - it is less than stellar - the searches are not 100%. I just checked, and lo and behold the link for the automatic recirculation function is broken. When I cascade down to that portion of the menu and press the right arrow - nothing happens. I just went to the car - it took three tries, however it has latched my recirc on all the time - THANKS! BTW - your car color was my secret first choice (wife preferred the white). Had I not encountered the good deal I got the first one to show up in white, I would have likely gotten your color.

SO... we're down to the voice dial feature (and BTW I have an Android phone) - how do I get that microphone on? Anyone know?

thanks again!!!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:01 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Search the forum, there is a description and picture of a plug in the trunk you can unplug to disable auto stop/start.
Larry

Old 02-24-2017, 06:23 PM

You're the best!!! For anyone else that reads this the following is the link. It worked exactly as ISbrodsky said.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...attery-146010/

Old 07-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

This is a great thread. Maybe I missed it, but is there info here or elsewhere with a breakdown of the VIN #? I thought I saw one somewhere, but my search on the general forum did not turn one up, and I did not see it here either.
Would not be first time I proved to be local dummy.
Thx.

Jdwoody17 (02-03-2022)
Old 07-05-2017, 09:26 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Look under 'tools' on the menu at the top of the forum for a VIN decoder.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

You can also go to Topix (https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/loginForm), register for free and do a VIN lookup on their first screen after login.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Aitch (07-06-2017), LT Cav (07-31-2017), Misujerr (09-12-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Unhingd
You can also go to Topix (https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/loginForm), register for free and do a VIN lookup on their first screen after login.
This was awesome! I bought it used with only 1399 miles but did not get a sticker so with this I was able to print all the features by using the VIN. Also seems I may have some outstanding campaigns I need to get it in for. Thanks!

Old 09-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

REAR PARCEL SHELF panel in F-Type Coupe

Dealer did taping of wires for sound system rattle, as per service bulletin but did not re install properly. Rather do it myself then have dealer fiddle with it further.

Any one know how to remove it? ..I'd owe you a beer

Old 09-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Pull the straps from the pins, then unhook the front part up by the seats:
Jaguar Owner Information

SHERE KHAN (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Hey Misujerr, Thanks a lot bro! I posted a pic on my original post, doesn't show up for some reason.. The trim panel in question was:
Part No: T2R15872PVJ; Rear Behind Seat Bulkhead Trim Panel Cover; Coupe, (rear parcel shelf)

Unfortunately dealer installed improperly, so the area where the aluminum tower contacts trim on the passenger side (coupe) is sticking up a couple inches, not fitting flat and flush like drivers side. lol

Anyone on here remove this to get to the subswoofers behind the seats etc..? ..some hands on experience with pics of removal or installation would be golden, thanks!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:28 PM

just noticed this thread, in case anyone else in the same boat...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...damage-178372/

I'm still looking for pics of the process though, if anyone has any, cheers!

Old 12-06-2017, 08:49 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Here's a thread that discusses how to remove the side sills/skirts, as this question comes up periodically:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...skirts-144530/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-Type 'HOW TO' Guides and Information