F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...

Old 10-07-2015, 03:05 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I noticed the day after that the rear view mirror is almost the same shape as the viewable area out the rear window.

The following users liked this post:
VroomForTwo (05-09-2022)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
I discovered the auto high beam feature for the headlights. Works really well and love it!
the auto high beam feature and the swiveling / cornering headlamps...

last night on Paradise Drive in Marin, a REALLY fun and windy road like Maui's Road to Hana, for the first time had the adaptive high beam and the lights that move when you turn....

it was a breathtaking moment, speeding around watching the cornering turns light up like angels were protecting me, and the simplicity of not being conscious of the oncoming traffic and high beams.

I was so awe struck with how elegant it all worked, I annoyed the hell out of my wife (which is pretty damned hard to do). I just kept saying "CAN YOU SEEEEE THIS?!?!?" LOL

LobsterClaws (12-16-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
There is something weird hidden behind the license plate. (Still don't know, or care what it is... I assume a secret way to open the rear hatch should you have no power.)
*fairly* confident those are universal license plate bracket mounts for EU and Foreign plate positions (foreign being not U.S., err... from my perspective.)

Old 10-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
It is the land of the free--easy and free for almost anyone to file a lawsuit. There's no shortage of attorneys who will take an injury case with no money down on contingency knowing they're likely to recover their costs or much better.

Second, this isn't a government regulation, it's just a corporate decision by Jaguar to avoid a possible liability.
We are super duper and totally free, in almost all ways, and in the micro-side of it, we're basically all left alone (or at least I assume the affluent Jaguar owners who aren't driving too fast).... it's the people that don't own Jaguars that aren't as free, using a demographic joke *** reality as a social comment.

But it isn't the government, which is more gridlock, as much as it is the ALEC lobbyists and vested special interests that a) scare the crap our of the government people about getting re-elected, and b) create so much litigation it becomes bureacratic legislation, and then you have every single business with a table of lawyers too scared to innovate or try anything, in interest of protecting company assets and investor interests.

It's really wild. It's not like the right who screams big gov. It's really the capitalist state's lawyers who have had short term special interests trump long term health and fitness of an open free market. The special interests have created the bureaucracy, gridlock, etc.

All the government people are *ever* trying to do is a) be left alone, or b) get re-elected. Ugh.

mrsclark (11-14-2017)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
In US, annual fee applies after 5 years (matches warranty). Remote start not available on MT, hence no climate preconditioning either (works on the AT).

InControl Remote very dangerous. My beautiful bride can track me wherever I'm at.
Thanks for answering some confusion on my part about remote with MT. I am still *shocked* the MT has solid cruise control at any gear, and eco start/stop. So I just assumed they could do remote start, but makes sense... clutch needs to be in.

Also.. the bride comment made me laugh out loud in my office. My wife and I use G+ locations. We *really* like it. Lucky enough we have a communicative enough relationship I will *never* get myself into trouble.

However, the benefit of knowing she will be home within 10 minutes and I can put away the scotch and get some dishes done and tidy up, well... that leads to a very happy wifey. LOL

Old 10-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
It's not the land of the free. It's the land of the free to file a lawsuit, but not free to drive at a sensible speed.
Legislate to the lowest common denominator.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
+1

It's particularly nice that useful features like automatic headlights, and rain-sensing wipers that automatically change speeds depending upon amount or rain are standard even on base cars with no options.
I drove a Wrangler for 20 years. This is my first car with auto door locks, a key fob, remote trunk, and auto windows.

A) I can never remember to lock the car

B) This car does everything for me and I love it.

C) The blind spots, coupled with the safety editions, makes me think Jag is absolutely insane to leave out the Vision Pack as standard just to lower the base price.

IRRBrogue (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jmfan
I can get more stuff in my convertible’s trunk than I originally thought (Actually much more than my previous BMW convertibles because the top does not fold into the trunk).
The convertible boot still stresses me out when it comes time to pack. Garment bag slips into the far back, flat area... but still, the website says F-Type luggage exists, and I have seen some superb custom stuff....

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 10-07-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

So.. I have found that:

1) If you pull up on the emergency break, accidentally, while driving, it will stop your car dead. I was going approx 10mph. Anyone know if you were driving on the freeway and snagged a sleeve on it or something, would it dead stop your car? Spooky.

2) There's no luggage produced yet.

3) The shifter throw is severely long.

4) No one has figured out how to hack the Nav to install Google Maps.

5) The MT shifting vs cup height issue is the smallest serious problem in history. LOL

6) The lack of a proper phone mounting spot is vexing (not my knee, not by cupholder, waiting for a spec made grab arm mount)

7) If you long press the valet button for about 20 seconds you get a secret menu. It doesn't offer much, but I am pretty sure that's where you start hacking nav and apps.

8) The U.S. convertible spoiler works anytime. The U.S. coupe spoiler violates some arbitrary law, so you can't control it at slower speeds.

9) There's an AWESOME quick remove front license plate bracket that doesn't destroy your grill. It mounts on the underside and an arm sticks it out. You can easily take it on and off. Yay.

10) The Eco Button is weird. It works in dynamic mode in the MT, but not always. It sounds like you stalled your car to people that don't get it. Also, I am pretty sure there is a glitch when you are low revs (on a hill climb), and have eco-mode on, then while shifting from 1st to 2nd, it might "catch" and engage. Or I might just not be giving enough gas. It isn't stalling, because it restarts.....

11) I found the CD-Rom in the MT is under your elbow in the storage, not in the dash like the AT. It stores up to 10 CD's in memory.

12) I am tall. This car makes me hit my shins, scrape my shoes on the speaker on the door, and generally squish my man parts in ways I never thought could happen. TMI I know. But it's been serious. I think I literally bruised myself in the nethers getting out too quickly.

13) I really don't know if people understand what this car "is", yet. It's the future of luxury, and Jag is making a comeback... but the "looks" people warned me that I would get are far less constant and obvious than I would have thought... and that puts this car slightly under the radar still, and I like it.

14) aaaand........ I love staring at the Jaguar emblem when the spoiler is raised.

Misujerr (02-13-2017)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
So.. I have found that:

11) I found the CD-Rom in the MT is under your elbow in the storage, not in the dash like the AT. It stores up to 10 CD's in memory.

14) aaaand........ I love staring at the Jaguar emblem when the spoiler is raised.

2... Yes there is...
Jaguar F Type Luggage Set 5 Pieces Black with Red Jftlugset | eBay

11. The AT's CD/DVD player is not in the dash, it's the same location as yours.

14. Looks AWESOME until the sun shines upon it and blinds you driving down the highway.

Uncle Fishbits (10-09-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

So.. I have found that:

1) If you pull up on the emergency break, accidentally, while driving, it will stop your car dead. I was going approx 10mph. Anyone know if you were driving on the freeway and snagged a sleeve on it or something, would it dead stop your car? Spooky.

More than you wanted to know...
Dynamic Apply

While the vehicle is moving, the Dynamic Apply mode
provides emergency braking. At a vehicle speed greater
than 2 mph (3 km/h), pulling up and holding the EPB
switch produces a gradual deceleration of the vehicle.
The Red EPB warning indicator illuminates, accompanied
by a warning in the message center and a warning
chime. The vehicle stop lamps also illuminate, activated
by a CAN bus message from the EPB module to
the CJB. Dynamic Apply operation is cancelled if the
EPB switch is either released or pressed down to the
release position, or the accelerator pedal is pressed.

There are four modes of Dynamic Apply, which the
EPB module uses in the following order of preference:

Electronic Controlled Deceleration (ECD)

Rear Wheel Unlocker (RWU)

Dynamic Standstill Detection (DSD)

DSD+

The ECD mode uses hydraulic braking on all four
wheels to decelerate the vehicle. The other three
modes all use the EPB actuators to operate the rear
brakes to decelerate the vehicle.

ECD
The braking operation is controlled by the ABS module,
in response to a request from the EPB module on the
high speed CAN bus. The ABS module monitors the
deceleration rate using the wheel speed sensor signals,
and adjusts the hydraulic pressure to the brakes
as necessary to achieve the required deceleration. All
of the anti-lock control - traction control system brake
modes remain enabled. As the vehicle comes to a halt,
the hydraulic pressure is reduced to zero and the EPB
module applies the electric park brake with the EPB
actuators.

RWU

RWU mode is used if the ABS module cannot operate
the brakes or achieve a minimum deceleration rate,
but still supplies wheel speed signals to the EPB module.
The wheel speed inputs allow the EPB module to
adjust the clamp load on the rear brakes as necessary
to produce maximum deceleration without locking the
wheels. When vehicle speed decreases to 2 mph (3
km/h), the EPB module fully applies the Electric Park
Brake.

DSD

DSD mode is used if the ABS module cannot operate
the brakes or achieve a minimum deceleration rate,
and the EPB module has no valid wheel speed signals.
In the DSD mode, the EPB module uses the G sensor
to monitor deceleration. To maintain vehicle stability,
the EPB module initially applies a low clamp load to the
brakes, then increases the clamp load in steps. When
the G sensor signal indicates the vehicle has stopped,
the EPB module fully applies the Electric Park Brake.

DSD+

The DSD+ mode is used if the ABS module cannot operate the brakes or achieve a minimum deceleration
rate, the EPB module has no valid wheel speed signals
and the G sensor has failed. In the DSD+ mode, the
EPB module applies a clamp load calculated to give a
steady rate of deceleration without locking the wheels.

Jag has had luggage for the convertible for quite some time. No idea about the coupe.

Same place as the CD player on the AT convertible, in the storage bin.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
Misujerr (02-13-2017), VroomForTwo (05-09-2022)
Old 10-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by speedhacks
The number of white stains all over my car when I'm driving it around. It's unreal. Good thing I bought white...

Am I the only one that caught this? Too funny!

The following 2 users liked this post by MI-FType:
slojotaa (07-09-2016), Socal_transplant (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Easter Eggs

I found about the Easter Eggs after I ordered the car but before delivery.
The Jaguar F-Type Has The Best Star Wars Inspired Easter Egg

Having the headlight design inspired by the TIE Fighter from Star Wars is totally cool, it only took me a week to have a toy TIE Fighter delivered to my home vs. the long 133 days it took for Jaguar to get my ordered F-Type to me.

The following 2 users liked this post by TR64ever:
Misujerr (02-13-2017), Uncle Fishbits (10-09-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I believe that luggage fits the convertible, so really isn't needed in the coupe, unless you just like the luggage.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

So.. I have found that:

3) The shifter throw is severely long.

4) No one has figured out how to hack the Nav to install Google Maps.

5) The MT shifting vs cup height issue is the smallest serious problem in history. LOL

6) The lack of a proper phone mounting spot is vexing (not my knee, not by cupholder, waiting for a spec made grab arm mount)

7) If you long press the valet button for about 20 seconds you get a secret menu. It doesn't offer much, but I am pretty sure that's where you start hacking nav and apps.

8) The U.S. convertible spoiler works anytime. The U.S. coupe spoiler violates some arbitrary law, so you can't control it at slower speeds.

9) There's an AWESOME quick remove front license plate bracket that doesn't destroy your grill. It mounts on the underside and an arm sticks it out. You can easily take it on and off. Yay.

10) The Eco Button is weird. It works in dynamic mode in the MT, but not always. It sounds like you stalled your car to people that don't get it. Also, I am pretty sure there is a glitch when you are low revs (on a hill climb), and have eco-mode on, then while shifting from 1st to 2nd, it might "catch" and engage. Or I might just not be giving enough gas. It isn't stalling, because it restarts.....

12) I am tall. This car makes me hit my shins, scrape my shoes on the speaker on the door, and generally squish my man parts in ways I never thought could happen. TMI I know. But it's been serious. I think I literally bruised myself in the nethers getting out too quickly.

13) I really don't know if people understand what this car "is", yet. It's the future of luxury, and Jag is making a comeback... but the "looks" people warned me that I would get are far less constant and obvious than I would have thought... and that puts this car slightly under the radar still, and I like it.

The BRG is very understated. People don't notice it until they look straight at it. Then you get the attention.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 AM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

My CD player won't store any CDs. It will find the track names but there is no store button as shown in the manual.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:01 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
My CD player won't store any CDs. It will find the track names but there is no store button as shown in the manual.
I think you can only store CDs with the Meridian upgrade. Also, the Upload button only appears in the Stored CD menu (not the main CD menu).

The following 2 users liked this post by CaptainHam:
TR64ever (10-09-2015), Uncle Fishbits (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Ah, I was looking forward to storing 10 CDs, even selected 10 to upload (all British so I could tell people the Jaguar only played British groups). Alas, when the car came after 133 days, no upload button. I've wondered occasionally why I don't have it, now I know. I have the base Meridian system.
Best audio device in the car is the loud button for the exhaust.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:05 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

The base Meridian (380W in the US) has it, at least my 2014 has it. But it's non-intuitive, and takes a bit of poking around to find it. I think some have said that feature may be gone on the 2016 models.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
The base Meridian (380W in the US) has it, at least my 2014 has it. But it's non-intuitive, and takes a bit of poking around to find it. I think some have said that feature may be gone on the 2016 models.
Yep, my '14 base (380w) Meridian has it as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Name Something You Discovered About Your F-Type AFTER You Bought it...