F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on this F Type S AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger on this F Type S AWD

So after months of deliberation, finally made the deal on this baby. The car shown in the pictures is exactly like the one we located it BC. This one lacked a few options that I wanted do ended up with the one in Vancouver. It's on the train and being shipped as I write this and really excited to get it. I've been a lifetime BMW owner and this is my first Jag. Truth be known I bought it strictly for the sound and looks 👍

Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on this F Type S AWD-img_0864.jpg   Pulled the trigger on this F Type S AWD-img_0863.jpg  
Old 03-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

congrats! looks awesome! im on the same boat moving from bmw and looking into an f-type in the next couple months here in toronto, i just cant make up my mind between the S and the R.... the S is the more practical choice and about $20K cheaper but my god that sound and fury of the v8R....

The following users liked this post:
Ali Shiralian (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian
So after months of deliberation, finally made the deal on this baby. The car shown in the pictures is exactly like the one we located it BC. This one lacked a few options that I wanted do ended up with the one in Vancouver. It's on the train and being shipped as I write this and really excited to get it. I've been a lifetime BMW owner and this is my first Jag. Truth be known I bought it strictly for the sound and looks 👍
Congrats and welcome! Looks great. The looks and the sound never wear off and soon the handling and the sheer joy of the performance will be added to your love for this car.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Welcome and congratulations!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by abhishriv
congrats! looks awesome! im on the same boat moving from bmw and looking into an f-type in the next couple months here in toronto, i just cant make up my mind between the S and the R.... the S is the more practical choice and about $20K cheaper but my god that sound and fury of the v8R....
Thank you, I looked at the R as well and truthful after specing the car with all the options I wanted, the price wasn't to far off from the R, but I didn't think I would ever use all the potential power of the R anyways so I rent with the S. The sound of the S may not be as good as the R but still very good, and I'd like to keep things on the down low a bit as I live in a small town . Cheers..

Old 03-22-2017, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Congrats and welcome! Looks great. The looks and the sound never wear off and soon the handling and the sheer joy of the performance will be added to your love for this car.
Thank you. It's gonna be a couple weeks before I get it, bring shipped from BC, can't wait...

Old 03-22-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Welcome and congratulations!
Thank you, I'll be sharing my experience soon..

Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Welcome aboard!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What's with all the ex-BMW drivers? I'm also in the same situation! My wife and I are lifelong BMW owners. My wife just got an F Pace last week, and I am waiting on delivery of a 2018 V6 R-Dynamic (manual transmission) in Ultra Blue. It seems like a lot of people are abandoning the BMW fold. My current car is an M4 Cabriolet, and it just seems that BMW is slowly sucking the excitement out of the brand. My old E92 M3 was much more fun to drive than the M4...

Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by KentInCalgary
What's with all the ex-BMW drivers? I'm also in the same situation! My wife and I are lifelong BMW owners. My wife just got an F Pace last week, and I am waiting on delivery of a 2018 V6 R-Dynamic (manual transmission) in Ultra Blue. It seems like a lot of people are abandoning the BMW fold. My current car is an M4 Cabriolet, and it just seems that BMW is slowly sucking the excitement out of the brand. My old E92 M3 was much more fun to drive than the M4...
lol... well whats turned me away from the BMW brand now is 1) the lack of excitement the newer cars give me, they are definitely faster and more advanced but they don't give me the same feelign as the older models just as you mentioned.... and 2) the overall brand community now here in Toronto has just gone down the drain, you've suddenly got teenagers picking up 3rd hand BMWs (335i, M3, older M5s) for a ridiculously cheap price and wanting to race any person on the street. and not to mention the pathetic service of the BMW dealerships in my area...

Old 03-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,130 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian
Well, you beat me to this one - the colour, the fact that it is a coupe, the right engine...a dream car...this thread seems largely populated by Canadians, odd, eh?
As a recovering BMW owner I can tell those moving now into Jaguars that you will not go back. There is something undefinable about a Jaguar, any Jaguar, that makes them special. But be warned, it is a slippery slope: no other marque will satisfy you and you'll find yourself wanting more than one. Be prepared to spend hours in your garage just looking at the Jag from every angle, and also I should point out that it is perfectly normal for Jaguar owners to look back at the Jag they have just parked.😊

Old 03-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Another ex BMW guy here too I bought my XK coupe simply because of looks and uniqueness.
Though I might get a V8 M3 when i'm done with this Jag

Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
...this thread seems largely populated by Canadians, odd, eh?
...Hmmm....:-) to the OP; nice car, congrats.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 03-22-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by KentInCalgary
I know what you mean. We haven't completely left BMW as my wife still drives her X5 and loves it. I did go and test drive the 540 I before I went to the Jag dealership. The 5er is a fine piece of machinery but you know when I sat in the I didn't get excited. The cabin looked more upscale than my 335 but same air vents, same nav, same door handles....boring. I've been in the mid life crisis mode for a while now and love cars so I needed something that'd excite me more. I ended up with the F Type👍

Old 03-22-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by DPelletier
...Hmmm....:-) to the OP; nice car, congrats.

Cheers,
Dave
Thank you, looking forward to tons of fun this summer....

Old 03-22-2017, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by sov211
Well, you beat me to this one - the colour, the fact that it is a coupe, the right engine...a dream car...this thread seems largely populated by Canadians, odd, eh?
As a recovering BMW owner I can tell those moving now into Jaguars that you will not go back. There is something undefinable about a Jaguar, any Jaguar, that makes them special. But be warned, it is a slippery slope: no other marque will satisfy you and you'll find yourself wanting more than one. Be prepared to spend hours in your garage just looking at the Jag from every angle, and also I should point out that it is perfectly normal for Jaguar owners to look back at the Jag they have just parked.😊
This is my first Jag. Been a long time BMW owner and have had a couple Porsche as well. TBH always worried about the quality and reliability of the Jag that's the reason I never owned one. The looks and the sound of the F Type didn't let me think rationally as usual. Will see what future brings but so far excellent...

Old 03-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,583 Likes on 856 Posts

Congratulations.

No argument [re] BMW - and I couldn't love my 2015 V6S more - but I will say this; my wife's 2006 BMW 325xi Wagon (with 6-speed manual and sports suspension...irrelevant to my point) both has a much better quality paint job and has a more solid feel (I'm talking about closing the doors) than my 9-year newer Jag. My 2-cents.

Happy motoring!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:27 AM

lol... well whats turned me away from the BMW brand now is 1) the lack of excitement the newer cars give me, they are definitely faster and more advanced but they don't give me the same feelign as the older models just as you mentioned.... and 2) the overall brand community now here in Toronto has just gone down the drain, you've suddenly got teenagers picking up 3rd hand BMWs (335i, M3, older M5s) for a ridiculously cheap price and wanting to race any person on the street. and not to mention the pathetic service of the BMW dealerships in my area...
+1

Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Congratulations.

No argument [re] BMW - and I couldn't love my 2015 V6S more - but I will say this; my wife's 2006 BMW 325xi Wagon (with 6-speed manual and sports suspension...irrelevant to my point) both has a much better quality paint job and has a more solid feel (I'm talking about closing the doors) than my 9-year newer Jag. My 2-cents.

Happy motoring!
Yes, what's going for BMW is their quality and workmanship. What's BMW is not getting is how to keep the feel of their older models which made them an iconic company. My 2002 318 TI had a better driving feel than the F30 with straight six. Their interiors don't evolve they just add more technology. And no eith concentrating so much on E drive cars, I'm afraid BMW is becoming a different company now and not the one that auto enthusiast got to know...

Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

As a dual BMW - Jag house, my feeling is somewhat similar to what others have said here. We bought the F type for its beautiful looks, sound and easy everyday driveability, something that we could not find in a BMW two seater. That being said, i own a 13' 535i with the M Sport package, and can honestly say that with 37K miles and 4 1/2 years old, it still brings a smile to my face everytime I get in and push the start button, bringing that in line turbo six to life, as it breathes through a Dinan exhaust. The interior and exterior of my car still look brand new - you can't beat that after 4 1/2 years and I hope I can say the same thing about the Jag. I did look at a XF comparable to my 535, and I can honestly say it did not match up to my BMW. The sweet spot here for Jaguar is a absolutely gorgeous, design inspired 2 seater, that sounds like a sports car is meant to! As far as a 4 seater goes, i would still stick to my BMW. Added bonus, I grew up in India where my Dad worked for Tata's, so owning this car is extra special for me.