F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about car rebate

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 02:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George Camp
Some of you have it but just to be clear here is how it works. You need to have a membership in JCNA for at least 6 months. JCNA provides a roster with name,state, and JCNA number to JLR monthly (no address or contact info). When you log in to the private offer site and you have your member number you are given a PIN which JLR recognizes. At that point you make the best deal you can at your dealer and when you are where you wish you drop the pin on the table. JCNA often talks salesmen through the process for members but they (salesmen) have a 800 number they could call. Once you are in the private offer you can see the current offers for all models. JLR invested in this system so that everyone was not chasing JSOBs which streamlined the whole program. So to cut to the bottom line JCNA membership is very reasonable and as an example if you are a member today for 6 months you could rec. $5000 off of an XJ after your local deal. As said before this is a discount not rebate--if you leave it on the table it is most likely lost. Watch the dealers--any talk of a check s wrong and I would suspect they are holding your $$$ although am not sure how they can--but they are car salesmen! Best of luck. BTW JCNA gets no money from JLR or anyone with the exception of the membership dues which provide for other membership benefits.

George, can you clarify where you're seeing the 6 month membership requirement? On the JCNA benefits page I found the following mention of 12 consecutive months. Would be great for me if it's only 6 months. http://www.jcna.com/sites/default/fi...20Benefits.pdf

Instant savings off of the final negotiated price for the purchase or lease of a new
Jaguar for current members after 12 consecutive months of membership. Savings
vary by model and could change from year to year. See JCNA.com for details

Old 02-18-2017, 07:38 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,064 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Interesting. You might PM George - I'm under the impression he's associated with JCNA somehow.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

Enzo as DJS said (tongue in cheek) I am "associated" with JCNA as the current President--I think that counts. You are reading from the Membership committee as you realize and perhaps their script is not clear for the program but then again they are after a different outcome. I actually do not see the 6th months requirement on the web site but then again I have not searched. The program requires 6 months membership and JCNA updates the "Private Offer" each month to ensure every one has the earliest chance to participate. We provide name, member number,and state in a file that is loaded directly into the JLR system. No further personal info is offered. So if you try to enter the Private offer and do not have a member number you are rejected. So our members are aware of the 6th months requirement as we pass information via the club Magazine "The Jaguar Journal" as well as updates on the web site home page and through the regional directors to the club presidents. Lastly without being too rough I am telling you that is the program!! So it is 6 months at least which you say is good for you so does that mean you are a member or you are planning a buy in 6 months? If the latter I would not cut it too close as there is a processing time and as I said we upload once a month so you could get caught in a gap for a couple of weeks.

So I will discuss the copy of the Membership Comm. realizing again they seek members for JCNA but not just temp. members. That said it is 6 months! Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
DJS (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I can't seem to find anywhere that confirms the membership dues (California) could someone please confirm?

Thank you

Old 02-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

Cooper there are 5 JCNA clubs in CA so you will need to go to the club list on the web site and see which suits you. That said you may join as a member at large (MAL) but it is less $$ if you join through a local club. Depending on your location you may want to look at the google map to see if a state next to your area is not in fact closer. Membership dues in the local clubs are determined by the local but you must be a member of JCNA if you are in a local club--they take care of that portion of the dues. Hope that helps!