F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stohlen's 2016 F Type R AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I really like the way they look personally. I've always been a big fan of white with black accents. I do plan on lowering the car once AWD modifications become available.
Egads, my car is low enough on stock bolts. If I were to lower it any more, I'd be worried it would try to start burrowing under the street. As it is I scrape enough.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
Egads, my car is low enough on stock bolts. If I were to lower it any more, I'd be worried it would try to start burrowing under the street. As it is I scrape enough.

I have yet to scrape (knock on wood) anywhere I've taken mine. My Nissan Z (lowered) actually scrapes the undercarriage on some speed bumps in the area... the F-Type is much higher. I'd love to lower it about 1/2 inch and I think it'll be perfect.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJagR
I have yet to scrape (knock on wood) anywhere I've taken mine. My Nissan Z (lowered) actually scrapes the undercarriage on some speed bumps in the area... the F-Type is much higher. I'd love to lower it about 1/2 inch and I think it'll be perfect.
I agree, gotta bring it back down the 1/2 inch they raised it up for AWD. I've only scraped once, so I think i'll be alright with a minimal drop.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Found my originally ordered car, it appears to not be totally destroyed. I suggest that none of you buy this vehicle:

New 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE For Sale | Naples FL

Old 08-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Why?

Once they figured out everything that was going on with it off the assembly line, it could end up being one of the most reliable F-Types on the road. It certainly received more attention than most.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Why?

Once they figured out everything that was going on with it off the assembly line, it could end up being one of the most reliable F-Types on the road. It certainly received more attention than most.
Well you could be very right, however it could have also suffered major damage somehow and be kinda sketchy.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

Well you could be very right, however it could have also suffered major damage somehow and be kinda sketchy.
I know you waited a long time and finally got an alternate car. Did you ever find out what the issue was with the original order?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nookieman
I know you waited a long time and finally got an alternate car. Did you ever find out what the issue was with the original order?
The last thing i was told was that it needed a transmission control module. However it looks like that took over 3 months to source and install, so i'm skeptical.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

The last thing i was told was that it needed a transmission control module. However it looks like that took over 3 months to source and install, so i'm skeptical.
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. parts supply chain on these cars is a problem for sure but that wouldn't scare me off that particular unit. Possibly off the marque though. I am hoping it improves but don't think it will. There just are not enough cars sold to justify a lot of parts inventory.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Had the F Type parked on the street today at a buddies house and we had a strange knock at the door. The guy asked who's car it was, and when I replied he handed me this:

It's a media guide from 2014 when the coupe was revealed in LA. Apparently the guy lived a few blocks away and when he saw my car, ran home to grab it because he though I'd like to have it. He was right! He said he worked for Jaguar on all the press launches and journalist days. Very random start to my day by a really cool guy.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

I have two of those books with the flash drive...cool stuff!

Old 10-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

There's just too much daylight that can be seen under the stock unit. When the shifter comes out I'll have the car lowered by an inch. It'll still be more than an inch higher off the ground than my lowered MINI. (and half inch higher than a stock R53.) I don't have any reason to navigate steep driveways or garage ramps, so it won't be a problem.

Last edited by Unhingd; 10-10-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Had the F Type parked on the street today at a buddies house and we had a strange knock at the door. The guy asked who's car it was, and when I replied he handed me this:

It's a media guide from 2014 when the coupe was revealed in LA. Apparently the guy lived a few blocks away and when he saw my car, ran home to grab it because he though I'd like to have it. He was right! He said he worked for Jaguar on all the press launches and journalist days. Very random start to my day by a really cool guy.
Wow, that was a pretty cool gesture. If it were me, I'd probably try to invite him out to lunch at some point to thank him and chat about Jaguar stuff.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, that was a pretty cool gesture. If it were me, I'd probably try to invite him out to lunch at some point to thank him and chat about Jaguar stuff.
I had intended to pick his brain further, mostly as his job seemed pretty cool and I'd be interested in moving my own career in that direction, but he was in a hurry to get going. Perhaps he didn't expect to see a 26 year old come to the door.

The following users liked this post:
Merlin (10-10-2015)
Old 03-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

Brought the car into the dealership for its first annual service this weekend. Had a bit of a battery problem the few days before my appointment which escalated into a dead battery the morning of. Jaguar of Troy found a dead cell in my battery and replaced it along with the service. They also nicely shuttled me to and from my house. In addition to this they had their first F-Pace and XE models on display, they looked very clean!

The following users liked this post:
mikelanzetta (03-29-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Brought the car into the dealership for its first annual service this weekend. Had a bit of a battery problem the few days before my appointment which escalated into a dead battery the morning of. Jaguar of Troy found a dead cell in my battery and replaced it along with the service. They also nicely shuttled me to and from my house. In addition to this they had their first F-Pace and XE models on display, they looked very clean!
I am really looking forward to seeing the FPace and the XE. Think about both of them as possible replacements for my wife's suv and my daily driver. Glad to hear they are finally showing up in showrooms.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I am really looking forward to seeing the FPace and the XE. Think about both of them as possible replacements for my wife's suv and my daily driver. Glad to hear they are finally showing up in showrooms.
I'll toss you a bone Marko and tell you that we might just have an FPace tag along for one of the legs of our upcoming event.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I'll toss you a bone Marko and tell you that we might just have an FPace tag along for one of the legs of our upcoming event.
Ha! Nice.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member

Took the Jag to the strip this afternoon for the first time. I have to say i'm very pleased with my results, my car ran just a hair faster than anything I've seen published (by the media) for the 16MY. Of course being in Michigan, no one had any idea what my car was, and everyone was surprised it ran so fast. It was the fastest street car of the night, and I didn't lose a race all night. So that was nice, while completely meaningless.

Last edited by Stohlen; 04-20-2016 at 09:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Stohlen:
Foosh (04-20-2016), jf1 (04-20-2016), StealthPilot (04-21-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice!!!

Quick Reply: Stohlen's 2016 F Type R AWD