F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
they came directly from the work order. Too bad!
Seriously, quit preaching that your work order is the bible to get the audio system fixed. All you're doing is getting other members hopes up. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL FIX YET.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Seriously, quit preaching that your work order is the bible to get the audio system fixed. All you're doing is getting other members hopes up. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL FIX YET.
LOL, on your "Seriously" statement, suggesting to me that what I am saying isn't true and making peoples hopes rise. Your not drawing me into a debate, as this is true, and let's wait and see the post from our other NJ forum member who is getting it done (or by now has gotten it done) as of this writing. The realism of what I said, is done, and done very well!!! I have been fighting this stereo fight for >2 years now, and my hopes are not only high, but the result of the "SOFTWARE FIX" did it, Beta or not. I asked them yesterday and this isn't a BETA but real. A software update was applied to my stereo and works like a charm.

To those whose dealerships know nothing about this, ask Madison Jaguar, Steve in N.J.. He will verify the fix was done and how my car, and "His R" sounds awesome as a result.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

So what is the app version now slojotaa?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:15 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Guys i dropped my car off last week and they are redoing the whole system. Update new amp and i think replacing 2 speakers. I haven't heard it yet to say its fixed but they are def doing something. Car should be ready Monday. Also i had the software upgraded about a month ago and i still wasnt happy so like stated earlier there redoing the whole thing

Old 11-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

LOL, on your "Seriously" statement, suggesting to me that what I am saying isn't true and making peoples hopes rise. Your not drawing me into a debate, as this is true, and let's wait and see the post from our other NJ forum member who is getting it done (or by now has gotten it done) as of this writing. The realism of what I said, is done, and done very well!!! I have been fighting this stereo fight for >2 years now, and my hopes are not only high, but the result of the "SOFTWARE FIX" did it, Beta or not. I asked them yesterday and this isn't a BETA but real. A software update was applied to my stereo and works like a charm.

To those whose dealerships know nothing about this, ask Madison Jaguar, Steve in N.J.. He will verify the fix was done and how my car, and "His R" sounds awesome as a result.
You really think that out all the JLR dealers in the entire US, that your retailer is the only one that knows of a fix? I suggest you ask your service advisor, Steve, what the service bulletin number is. There is another massive Meridian audio thread where another member got his "fixed". But even in that thread there is no indication of a service bulletin/campaign number. That member has even asked you here on your thread what the bulletin/campaign number is; something that you have yet to provide other than some information from your RO which I have previously stated has no bearing on how to get the system fixed.

My goal is to prevent having owners going to their dealers asking about the update only to be told that there is no update as this will only just frustrate them and the dealer.

For those familiar with my previous threads and posts and wish to wait, as soon as I see the "official" software fix, you'll be the first to know.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

Madison Jaguar. 9733770240 ask for Steve the service manager. I tried providing the details but they differ for all dealers I guess. Good luck! They will hopefully guide all of you. He even had his car done and was happy and can describe the difference.

I won't apologize for other dealers responses as it is not my place and won't post another thing on this topic. Won't be discredited either as I didn't need to post anything but wanted us all to enjoy what I now enjoy.

Lastly what I did or didn't provide isn't the issue. This number and contact speaks for the issue.

Have a great week all. To my good friend RickyJay, damn were you so correct my friend.

The following 2 users liked this post by slojotaa:
CaptainHam (11-13-2016), Mulmur (11-12-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Well, I have to be honest... when the update came out to the InControl module so that Just Drive can work on it...it was only Jaguar Morris County (F/k/a Madison Jaguar) that knew there was an update and did it.

When I was shopping for an R, they were the only ones willing to locate the car that I wanted.

So I believe that they are ahead on this fix...

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (11-13-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Its really Jaguar that have dropped the ball on this issue and not provided clarity and timelines.
Lawrence

Old 11-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Have a great week all. To my good friend RickyJay, damn were you so correct my friend.
I, for one, appreciate your contributions to this issue. Don't let the occasional confrontational apple quell your enthusiasm to participate.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
jaguny (11-14-2016), jleuz1 (11-18-2016), slojotaa (11-13-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 06:35 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Agreed. We're all better off from shared experiences "in the field". Thanks and pls keep 'em coming!

The following 2 users liked this post by RoonieQ:
jaguny (11-14-2016), slojotaa (11-13-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Well, I have to be honest... when the update came out to the InControl module so that Just Drive can work on it...it was only Jaguar Morris County (F/k/a Madison Jaguar) that knew there was an update and did it.

When I was shopping for an R, they were the only ones willing to locate the car that I wanted.

So I believe that they are ahead on this fix...
Clarification and time to do so greatly appreciated. Don, the master technician knows his cars, and is an asset to both Madison Jaguar Service, and the Jaguar Family of vehicles. He was recognized by me with JLRNA, and was happy as a clam that I did so and he was reached out to by the brass at both JLRNA and Madison dealership.

Once again, thanks for the confirmation, and re-validation of my original well intended post.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Reading all this, and taking onboard the comments of WhiteTardis too, I've finally been motivated to write my own letter to Jag UK and ask what is going on with this issue.

I love my F-Type, but the stereo I paid top dollar for (optional extra in UK) never fails to disappoint and is my biggest bugbear with the car, so I've mentioned this "beta fix" from this slojotaa's dealer and we'll see if I get a response. Will report back if I hear anything but the letter will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Edit: oh, and a big thanks to slojotaa for all your efforts on this. I know I can still only hope that an official fix is ever released for this issue, but that hope does actually give me some comfort (rather than admitting to myself that the only way to improve it is to go out and spend $$$ on an aftermarket install, after already paying the equivalent of $2500 for the option in the first place!).

Last edited by CaptainHam; 11-13-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Reading all this, and taking onboard the comments of WhiteTardis too, I've finally been motivated to write my own letter to Jag UK and ask what is going on with this issue.

I love my F-Type, but the stereo I paid top dollar for (optional extra in UK) never fails to disappoint and is my biggest bugbear with the car, so I've mentioned this "beta fix" from this slojotaa's dealer and we'll see if I get a response. Will report back if I hear anything but the letter will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Edit: oh, and a big thanks to slojotaa for all your efforts on this. I know I can still only hope that an official fix is ever released for this issue, but that hope does actually give me some comfort (rather than admitting to myself that the only way to improve it is to go out and spend $$$ on an aftermarket install, after already paying the equivalent of $2500 for the option in the first place!).
Good Luck....

Old 11-15-2016, 08:14 AM

hey guys so my car is finally done and I am going to pick it up today, will report back how the system sounds

Old 11-15-2016, 02:03 PM

UPDATE
So got the car back and Joe was hundred percent correct, the audio system now sounds amazing, I had an xe with the premium sound upgrade as a loaner and was blown away at how great it sounded compared to the f type but not anymore. Base response is great and highs are smooth as butter. Cant recommend enough to get this update.

The following 2 users liked this post by Prophizee:
SinF (11-16-2016), slojotaa (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member

:icon_jammin :!!!

Old 11-15-2016, 04:24 PM

:icon_jammin :!!!
Don called it the cousin joe upgrade lol

Old 11-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prophizee
Don called it the cousin joe upgrade lol

Don is not only a great technician (the best), but a pisser also. Cousin Don :-)!

Old 11-16-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

While I don't particularly care about sound system since I mostly drive top down in loud mode, the sound system is inferior and I appreciate people posting experiences and documenting what worked and what didn't. Once there is well-understood process to improve it, I will follow through with it. Please continue sharing experiences.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:24 AM

Don is not only a great technician (the best), but a pisser also. Cousin Don :-)!
I am brother Zee btw hahahah thats my nickname

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (11-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!