F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Old 11-17-2016, 06:49 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Sent my letter to Jag UK, and just received a callback...as feared, waste of time.

"No official fix, Technical team not aware of any pending fixes in the pipeline. Take it to your local dealer for assessment and ask them to request tech assistance from Jaguar UK to help with the investigation".

I mentioned the notes from slo's paperwork, they said they weren't relevant for the F-Type. I said they obviously were otherwise you guys wouldn't be reporting improvements to the audio.

So now need to book back into dealership, but I'll be using slo's original notes to try and give them some pointers (shipping my car from UK to NJ is probably a bit excessive!).

Old 11-17-2016, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Sent my letter to Jag UK, and just received a callback...as feared, waste of time.

"No official fix, Technical team not aware of any pending fixes in the pipeline. Take it to your local dealer for assessment and ask them to request tech assistance from Jaguar UK to help with the investigation".

I mentioned the notes from slo's paperwork, they said they weren't relevant for the F-Type. I said they obviously were otherwise you guys wouldn't be reporting improvements to the audio.

So now need to book back into dealership, but I'll be using slo's original notes to try and give them some pointers (shipping my car from UK to NJ is probably a bit excessive!).
Not sure this is helpful, however, although my speakers have been generally good, I did manage to find a song or two that caused some buzzing, so I asked the dealer to fix.

They called me yesterday to say its all fixed and tested ... they did a system update, however they said the amp' update itself is not yet available so I can catch it in the spring (my car will be stored)

They added some foam behind the door interior material and the mechanic said that the doors are somehow pleated and he found some of the pleating layers were not bonded properly around the speaker area so he added some glue to re-bond them and he says it is fixed for sure.

I don't have work order as they still have the car.. if anyone wants their dealer to contact him, pm me and I will provide some contact info.

I plan to drive it tomorrow, but its going straight to storage.

Lawrence.

Old 11-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Not sure this is helpful, however, although my speakers have been generally good, I did manage to find a song or two that caused some buzzing, so I asked the dealer to fix.

They called me yesterday to say its all fixed and tested ... they did a system update, however they said the amp' update itself is not yet available so I can catch it in the spring (my car will be stored)

They added some foam behind the door interior material and the mechanic said that the doors are somehow pleated and he found some of the pleating layers were not bonded properly around the speaker area so he added some glue to re-bond them and he says it is fixed for sure.

I don't have work order as they still have the car.. if anyone wants their dealer to contact him, pm me and I will provide some contact info.

I plan to drive it tomorrow, but its going straight to storage.

Lawrence.
Pleating is for girl's hair, not expensive car door interiors!

Jaguar need to release the information regarding the official fix ASAP!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam

Captain.....or Mr. Ham, you would love NJ in the fall :-)! I wish you progress with this and can't for the life of me understand such a disjointed array of mixed messages. Have them call my dealership on your behalf, a bunch of US New Jersey (clarity here which I know you appreciate lol), and talk tech to tech for some automotive repair schooling! My tech, Don, should have a Jaguar shrine established on his behalf. He also fixed my auto high beams which were acting like a flashing stobe lignt, adjusting both sides by .2 of a something, and now they work fine. It goes to show how a good technician is an auto owners best friend!!! Good Luck.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Slojotaa - As there are no official bulletins or updates from Jaguar UK for this, I wonder what the chances are of you having a word with Don and finding out exactly what he uploaded to your car please?

The numbers quoted don't tally with anything here in the UK or the US, so I'm at a loss as to actually what has been done (whatever it is certainly worked for you!).

This would make quite a few of us very happy if you delve a little deeper! Alternatively I would be happy to PM over email or vice versa so that I could speak with him.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

UNOFFICIALLY for the US Market (as far as I know): There is a manual update that is available as of this past Monday. Your dealer will need to go through the proper channels to obtain it. That being said...the OFFICIAL update will be going live soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
CaptainHam (11-18-2016), DJS (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 03:32 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Great news. I expect to have my dealer look at this in the spring, when my car comes out of its long winter nap (which hasn't quite started yet.)

Old 11-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
...the OFFICIAL update will be going live soon.
If I get any BS from Jag UK about this being US-specific, I'm marching on the factory!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please keep us updated guys, appreciate your posts.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

So...i've had this problem ever since i've had my 2015 R. I've had it in for two extensive visits for a total of over 4 weeks of work (new speakers, new amp, padding/tape added...) and really, zero improvement. I am not going to keep taking in my car to have them tear it apart to keep giving it back to me saying 'it's fixed', and it clearly is not. this is crazy.

so a couple weeks ago, per a forum post from a Jaguar representative that reviews the posts, i reached out, as they said to do. I eventually then get a call from someone from Jaguar corporate offices to offer assistance...'great', i think, this will help with the situation.

well...jaguar customer service strikes again. the grand sum of her help was that she called my dealership that did the work, got the work records, which said 'fixed' and said that there is nothing more they can do for me.

It is amazing how they are eroding the brand with this issue that is ******* so many cars and they are making it worse through inept customer relationship/service.

she said that if i heard another dealership has been successful in fixing this, i could try to take it there. brilliant... no offer of facilitation, no assistance...just, 'you're on your own here'.

it infuriates me every time i fool myself into trying to invest time to fix this issue!

Jaguar has lost any reference-ability from me. such a shame with a premium brand that is trying to put a dent into the more successful brands, that have realized the importance of customer satisfaction and relationships.

The issue is not that we have experienced a problem with the car...it's all about jaguar's inability to provide any dialogue and solution around it.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No TSB...

Took my 2016 R in for an oil change in Spokane Washington and they had heard of no Tech Service Bulletins. I gave then the info provided in this post and still nothing. Cant say I didn't try. Hurry up and wait

Old 11-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

This was released that may fix your problem, I'm going to apply this this evening, and friend at my dealer with 15 F-Type R is is having it applied as well.

It has to be manually downloaded via the Jag SDD, as it will not show as updated software for the module.

Hope this helps!

SSM73060 - Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers (Coupe Only)

MP_JLR_L0045
Model: 15MY - Onward F-TYPE Coupe

Issue: The customer may express a concern where a buzzing sound can be heard from the tweeter speakers.

Cause: Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) equalizer file not optimized for Coupe model.

Action: A manual patch has been created to update the software in the AAM until a Technical Bulletin can be created.

The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
castbutaglance (01-08-2021), FtypeRRR (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 06:41 PM

pls report back on your results! thx for sharing...I am encouraged.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member

I'm still updating SDD but should be done shortly. If it's not to late (it already is ) I'll run down for the update.

I really want to hear the results before it goes off to the detailer.

The amp takes 20-30 minutes so hopefully I don't fall asleep in the car.

Last edited by MaximA; 11-29-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:04 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

This notice says the problem is limited to the coupe. Is this true?

Old 11-29-2016, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member

OK software is all updated and I need to download the file while connected to the car. Hopefully the LTE is having a good morning. or it may take forever to download.

I'm still up working on actual work and since large mail servers are slow to defrag it will be complete far after the update at least I hope.

Fingers crossed that it fixes the low end buzzing in the tweeters.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

After getting everything ready, SDD started acting up with my Operating system, but I found the log file and can see where it does the OS check.

This is is for the coupe only SSM73060

Reference SSM73060
Models F-TYPE / X152
Title Buzzing Sound From Tweeter Speakers (Coupe Only)
Category Electrical
Last modified 23-Nov-2016 00:00:00
Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems
Content
Model: 15MY - Onward F-TYPE Coupe

Issue: The customer may express a concern where a buzzing sound can be heard from the tweeter speakers.

Cause: Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) equalizer file not optimized for Coupe model.

Action: A manual patch has been created to update the software in the AAM until a Technical Bulletin can be created. The update the Jag tech needs to manually download is MP_JLR_L004.

At least I feel we are getting closer to a solution.

The following users liked this post:
FtypeRRR (11-29-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 PM

any update MaximA?

Old 12-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry guys I was busy re-flashing my entire car, back to an F-Type SVR not a AWD sedan or RR.

The update was a big help, my tweeters and doors no longer rattle. I can tell the aren't at 100% yet but I'm much happier.

I'll post a link to another thread with the temporary fix, your dealer will just have to go through the documented procedure to download it.

Last edited by MaximA; 12-05-2016 at 04:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jaguny (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

Your first impression may not be WOW, but give it a moment and re tune the EQ a bit. A friend of mine noticed it immediately.

It's a little rough and could use some extra in cabin tuning, but it's much better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!