F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i will have to take it in.. my 2017 coupe buzzes and rattles like a civic

Old 03-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts
Default Thank you, slojotaa, MaximA, TonCoronel, & deltagroup

Huge thanks to slojotaa for identifying the fix and starting this thread, to Maxima for identifying the SSM and original North American JTB, to TonCoronel for posting the European JTB #, and to deltagroup for alerting us to the updated JTB number. It is amazing that it has taken a full 2 years to get to this point.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

........And a dozen people on this forum who you rightfully thanked! There were many who tried to get action, making calls and writing to various JLR/dealers too.

slojotaa (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
........And a dozen people on this forum who you rightfully thanked! There were many who tried to get action, making calls and writing to various JLR/dealers too.
+1. It took a whole community to make this happen. Thank you to all who fought the good fight.

slojotaa (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 AM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Thank you all, good to finally get this resolved. I won't forgive jaguar for the months I had to fight them for it but I do appreciate the stereo now much more than before the fix, I actually enjoy listening to it. Is it almost perfect? Far from it for this price tag but it's very usable in most scenarios and types of music now.

The following 2 users liked this post by pistol:
jaguny (03-22-2017), slojotaa (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member

Pistol, thanks for your important contribution. Your tenacity was encouraging that the problem would get solved. I hate to think what car ownership would be like without this extremely helpful (and entertaining) forum. I encourage members to hit the "thanks" button when members contribute useful info, photos, tips even if it isn't your issue. There is a very active group who really make the forum excel in value. Thanks to you!

Old 03-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed th OP has a 2016 R convertible. All the TSB information seems to refer to Coupe only and from 2015 on.

Has anyone had a fix applied to an older convertible? I have a 2014 base V6 with the upgraded sound.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:04 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

When I took mine in for yearly service last summer, they reprogrammed the amp (at least that is what showed on the service ticket). My complaint was the sub rattling, a different issue than what the coupe's have had. Whatever they did fixed the problem.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member

I would strongly recommend to anyone with a coupe, who is even somewhat satisfied with the sound, to get the flash done on the system. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
818 (03-24-2017), Arne (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I would strongly recommend to anyone with a coupe, who is even somewhat satisfied with the sound, to get the flash done on the system. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

I have been pretty satiesfied with the system in my car, even though a tone generator did give some buzzing at some frequencies. Not noticable when playing music though, so I have not thought it was worth doing anything about it (I am not a very "audiofile" person, even though I do like lissening to music on longer trips).

However your feedback made me change my mind, and I just booked my car in to have this JTB done NeXT Friday - which is in due time, as my warranty runs out in April this year (only 3 years warranty on this car, as it was originally sold in Germany). I was told that after the warranty expires, this kind of JTB is something you have to pay for getting done.

So thanks for convincing me just in time Unhingd

Old 03-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I can't wait to get mine serviced. I've hated mine since I turned it on when I picked it up. Glad the fix is significantly better.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:28 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I can finally jump on this train with the rest of you now that I've just picked my car up after this update.

As others have said, it's still not going to win any awards, but it is SO much better...I was hoping for a lot after reading the various forum posts, but only dared to believe. I can finally stop moaning about it and enjoy it (when I don't want to use the exhaust button, which does happen sometimes! But only sometimes).

At final count, my comms with Jag UK over this are in the region of 2 letters/half a dozen emails/a dozen phone conversations; ALL of these were ultimately useless, as it ended up being ME telling THEM what was going on with this fix, through the posts on this forum.

Huge thanks to all of you for pushing this through, especially Slojotaa and his tech for coming up with the initial unofficial fix; without that, I'd still be slamming my head against the wall with JLR over this one.

Score 1 for consumer/forum power, -1 for JLR customer service.

Right, I'm off for a drive to test out some tunes!

The following 3 users liked this post by CaptainHam:
jaguny (03-28-2017), pistol (04-03-2017), slojotaa (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
I can finally jump on this train with the rest of you now that I've just picked my car up after this update.

Huge thanks to all of you for pushing this through, especially Slojotaa and his tech for coming up with the initial unofficial fix; without that, I'd still be slamming my head against the wall with JLR over this one.

Score 1 for consumer/forum power, -1 for JLR customer service.

Right, I'm off for a drive to test out some tunes!

I am happy for you. Isn't it the best feeling putting an issue to the side and just plain "enjoying what you were supposed to enjoy from the beginning"! GOOD LUCK! I am doing the same this weekend

CaptainHam (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
I am happy for you. Isn't it the best feeling putting an issue to the side and just plain "enjoying what you were supposed to enjoy from the beginning"! GOOD LUCK! I am doing the same this weekend
Enjoy your health Joe...then you can enjoy your F-Type.

slojotaa (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Enjoy your health Joe...then you can enjoy your F-Type.
You also, and nice to hear from you again! F-Type time :-)

Old 03-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

Just got mine back from having the software mod/upgrade done. I thought it was ok as it was, but now I think it sounds great! More dynamic and ""clean" sound with a good punch to it. Had to make some changes in the settings, which (in Dolby or DTS mode) ended up close to neutral with a slight increase in the sub setting. Dolby and DTS sounds very much the same now (the difference was more noticable before). Meridian mode is still too centered to my taste.

Absolutely worth doing and big thanks to everyone who has pushed on to make this happen!

The service tech. told me that he had also had the DAB / Bluetooth upgrade "thing" done - just to be on the safe side. They are very service minded and I can't recommend them enough!

Last edited by Arne; 03-31-2017 at 09:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Arne:
pistol (04-03-2017), slojotaa (04-01-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Absolutely worth doing and big thanks to everyone who has pushed on to make this happen!
Want to add my sincere thanks to slojotaa all involved as well. Just picked the car up from the dealer and it's way better. This was the 2nd attempt, but having the JTB number did the trick!

I knew right after I took delivery that it wasn't right, not because of any buzzing or rattling, but just because it fell so short of what a luxury car sound system should be. And I just couldn't believe that Meridian, with an otherwise fine reputation in high-end audio, would put their name on such a POS.

Cheers!

pistol (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I am pretty sure my 2015 R has not had this done and for now I'll pass. It sounds fine to me and every time I depend on someone to do something like this correctly, I get let done. Dealers being the worse case scenario.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

Just received mine back from its first service......and the stereo appears to have improved immensely. Much more clear and punchy, particularly in the mid and high range. I tried FM radio and CDs and the vibrating/buzzing is gone for the most part. I only had it out for a quick spin after dealer returned the car to me(they pick up and drop off at my home or office, including the loaner). I'll run it through the paces. I agree with above post that the Meridian setting still is not the best, but the overall improvement is significant. Thanks again to all who made the effort to get this resolved.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:29 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
I am pretty sure my 2015 R has not had this done and for now I'll pass. It sounds fine to me and every time I depend on someone to do something like this correctly, I get let done. Dealers being the worse case scenario.
You might *think* it sounds ok, but you're wrong! This was my single biggest gripe with the car, and it was also the easiest bulletin to get applied (once the damn thing was finally available)...do it! Get it done!

Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!