General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cloned Mongoose Driver

Old 03-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts
Default Cloned Mongoose Driver

Is there any way to pull the driver for a cloned Mongoose off of the VMware? I bought a clone from British Diagnostics a while ago, and now that I am operating a native Windows XP Pro laptop, I'd prefer to operate the SDD/IDS without having to go through the VMware.

When I plugged the clone in under the WMware, I did find the following files:
1. mongconf (under C:\Windoes\System32\)
2. MONGJ432.dll (under C:\Windoes\System32\)
3. mongoose.sys (under C:\Windows\System32\Drivers)
4. WdfCoInstaller01009.dll (under C:\Windoes\System32\)

I dumped the files in the same folders on the native laptop, but it's not working.

Does anyone know how to pull this off?

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Vee,

find the drivers here. I just uploaded them again.

Index of /driver

cheers
André

Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts

OK, that worked! I had to install it in a strange way. Initially, I double clicked it, it did it's thing (in German), and showed as successfully installed, but the computer still couldn't figure out to use it for the plugged in Mongoose clone.

It was only once I went through the Manage Devices menu and told it to update the driver, then I had to tell it where to look (on the flashdrive I had plugged in to bring it over), and then it installed it itself, and now it definitely identifies it since it lights up with green lights now.

I think I might have something wrong with my cloned mongoose, since it shouldn't be green until it's plugged in on both ends, with something actively using it. I'll dig into that more later.

As of now, the v130 doesn't seem to work on my car. I'll play around with it a little. Since its no longer working in VWware, it's a bit easier to play with. There's perhaps a setting that isn't letting it communicate with the IDS.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Vee; 03-23-2017 at 07:51 AM.