General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Drivers window

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drivers window

Help my drivers side window goes down an inch so it will open but after I shut the door it won't roll back up! When I open and shut the door again it just keeps going down each time and it's going to rain today!!! Isn't there a way to reset the programming of the window? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks In advance

Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Get in, close the doors, close the window then start the car. Press and hold the down button until the window is fully open, continue to hold for a few seconds or until you hear a faint click. Now press and hold the up button until the window is fully closed, continue to hold for a few seconds or until you hear a faint click.
Your window is now reset.
Now go and charge your battery fully.

The following users liked this post:
SamsonGold (03-21-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:46 PM
GGG
Received 16,768 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Originally Posted by KWinn
Help my drivers side window goes down an inch so it will open but after I shut the door it won't roll back up! ......
Do you still have the same 2002 XKR?

There's a reason we ask all members to add vehicle details to their forum signatures and this is a perfect example.

Graham

Grant Francis (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG

There's a reason we ask all members to add vehicle details to their forum signatures and this is a perfect example.

Graham
I ignored this thread after there was no MMY (Make Model Year) listed.

bob

The following 2 users liked this post by motorcarman:
Grant Francis (03-19-2017), Gus (03-19-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Appology

Originally Posted by GGG

Graham
sorry I should have posted year and model I will for any new posts I have. Thank you for the advice and yes I still have a 2002 XKR. KWinn

Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by KWinn
sorry I should have posted year and model I will for any new posts I have. Thank you for the advice and yes I still have a 2002 XKR. KWinn
You'll find it magically appears in your forum signature the next time you make a post. Well, not quite magic - I added it for you.

Jim's advice in post #2 applies.

For future reference, technical questions about your model should be posted in XK8/XKR forum.

Graham

Grant Francis (03-20-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am so happy that I found this forum. I've been looking for an entry level jag for a few years and finally found one last month (99 XK8 with a supposedly replaced engine with a 2002 4.2L). The first day I drove it, lost all elec. power when trying to start it and it was the pos. battery cable. And the automatic drop and raise of the windows didn't work but I didn't know about the resetting. So, just joined this forum and immediately found this fix. It looks like you've got some great guys here with fantastic advice. Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:53 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by SamsonGold
Hi,
I am so happy that I found this forum. I've been looking for an entry level jag for a few years and finally found one last month ......
Welcome to the forum Robert,

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham