General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Has you premium sound amplifier or telephone system stopped working? Read this

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Has you premium sound amplifier or telephone system stopped working? Read this

This is more of a PSA and informational to save you time and dealer cost than a question.

Recently, my amplifier in my 2008 XJ inexplicably stopped working - volume controls were displayed, but there was no sound. I searched everywhere for a fix and found several posts with non-working fixes, answer sites where service techs were baffled and finally a story about a few people going to a dealer and spending USD $140-$300 for them to "reset codes."

I found a free fix for this and means to reset their codes... potentially: Disconnect your battery for a few minutes.

That resets the fault codes apparently in the ICE, NAV, Phone and related components.

You'll want to try obvious things like check fuses, use the Band+Eject, then Eject+Mix to enumerate detected devices. In my case, only MAIN and NAV were being found.

Hope this saves a few of you the hours, agony and looming threat of $200-ish dealer charges to reset fault codes.