General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

IDS, SDD the naked truth

Old 12-15-2010, 02:26 AM
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Hilarious thread, and reading it instantly brought back memories of the original wunderbox, the JDS.

The dealership owner looked puzzled when he saw his $25K machine in my bay, with a microwave atop the spiffy cabinet instead. He saw that I turned more hours with hot coffee and hard work than I could with the infernal "Juxtaposed Data Streamer", and no more was said.

There's a joint in Kentucky that took over the WDS repairs, you can still get bits and updates. For an independent like me, who was COMPLETELY CUT OFF from Jaguar training after leaving a dealership in 1990, it goes as far as WDS and no farther.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C r a p

I'm thinking that it would be more cost efficient to buy old Jags from estate sales in Palm Springs and just junk out whatever Jag wife is driving when inevitable hiccups appear rather than even attempt repair(s). Two local independents are clueless (or sharks) and local dealer is kaput.

After TWO timing chain plastic parts capers to repair the original design fiasco, I am still hearing that it "could" be the problem with a recently-developing ticking noise on start that disappears upon goosing the gas. I'd rather drive to Palm Springs and buy another Jag and give the dead Jag to Father Joe's tax haven than put up with the local chicanery.

Oops, forgot to mention the spit-back on fueling fiasco (bad CCV?... solved by pulling elec lead thus generating dreaded ENGINE LIGHT) that local IJROA (Independent Jag Rip-off Artist) told me he could fix with a new gas tank ($2K USD) or a gently used gas tank ($1K USD).

'98 VDP
90K miles

And now all of this electronic voodoo gets added to the mix and the IJROA can be partially excused from the plot. Thus, the title of this posting.

A million thanks to starter, Real. Caveat emptor.

/signature/ imagine black '98 VDP with geezer at wheel

Last edited by Jayzjag; 01-22-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Intro Signature from NEWBIE missing
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone now where I can get a system disk for WDS. Disc drive quit and I need to reload operating system to a new hard drive.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Just for Info: I had problems with installing IDS SDD 131 Full on the CF-18. So I called Helpdesk and they told me SDD 131 will no longer work on older Hardware!

So IDS SDD 130 is the LAST working Version on old Laptops like the Panasonic CF-18 or any other "usually unsupported Laptops".

SDD 131 does a Hardware Check and not let you install it! So better backup your IDS SDD DVD 130 / Downloaded Exe Files with all Updates if you want to use them in future on unsupportet Hardware!

Best Regards Pinky!

Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Per
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

All is not lost. At least until recently Autologic was just as good as IDS / SDD and had some good features that SDD did not. With OBD being per definition an open system there will be enough money in keeping things like Autologic going which in turn is good news for the indies and thus us owners. They will of course lag a bit but no matter, the new under warranty cars usually go to the dealer sanyway.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (03-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Well... only the tiny, mandated, emissions part is open. Say 0.01% of the car. All the rest is closed

Old 09-14-2016, 09:14 PM
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Very interesting. I knew there were only one smart mechanic (called foreman(?)) for each dealer and all other mechanics ask for his help every day.
I don't understand why all dealer mechanics cannot read 120 instruction pages(mentioned in one of posts), when new diagnostic system sent to dealers.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 AM

guys i need your help on my ids sdd software my cracks ain't getting me back on login page

Old 06-12-2018, 02:43 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Kla Geeks
guys i need your help on my ids sdd software my cracks ain't getting me back on login page
There's two ways to run SDD:

1. OFFICIAL: current version 1.53 - online with a TOPIx subscription
2. PIRATED: version 1.50 or earlier - offline and cracked

From version 1.51 Jaguar changed delivery of SPA (Single Point Authoring). SPA and VDF files are no longer included in version updates on the Diagnostic Delivery Server but are now automatically requested and downloaded as they are required. This effectively prevents cracking for offline use.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 06-12-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
There's two ways to run SDD:

1. OFFICIAL: current version 1.53 - online with a TOPIx subscription
2. PIRATED: version 1.50 or earlier - offline and cracked

From version 1.51 Jaguar changed delivery of SPA (Single Point Authoring). SPA and VDF files are no longer included in version updates on the Diagnostic Delivery Server but are now automatically requested and downloaded as they are required. This effectively prevents cracking for offline use.

Graham
Actually the latest offline/cracked version is 1.52.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:15 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

Originally Posted by harryf
Actually the latest offline/cracked version is 1.52.
Where did you find the matching SPA and VDF files?

Graham

Old 06-13-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Where did you find the matching SPA and VDF files?

Graham
As what was mentioned before:

I am using it connected to my WIFI, So whenever it needs a file it has to download it from their servers. Of course, if you have it online then go offline it will still work, unless it needs to request a new file which you don't already have downloaded. So in reality, it's online, but you can still use it offline once the files have been downloaded.

Last edited by harryf; 06-13-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Default v153

Thanks for your help guys...........i have been running SDD v153 cracked till my system got messed up.I kindly need someone who can help me to crack it down.currently sdd doesn't sense the internet to bring me that login page.it simply says no connection to the topix server.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:44 AM

You just need to copy app.war from C: \ Program Files \ JLR \ SDD \ SDD to C: \ Program Files \ JLR \ IDS \ SDD

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 AM

Harry thanks.....unfortunately it's doing the same thing its not connecting to the internet so i can't login...... i seriously need mail me so i can show u how it's working......zapakadiagnostics@gmail.com

Old 06-20-2018, 03:28 AM

Do u have team viewer?

Old 06-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Per
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
Well... only the tiny, mandated, emissions part is open. Say 0.01% of the car. All the rest is closed
Well yes and no, EU law (and possibly US competition laws?) ensure that a lot of the data are open way beyond that. And these guys are very experienced in reverse engineering. There are techniques like obfuscation for hiding the source code but considering the market open to them, similarities due to a few core suppliers for each component etc. reverse engineering will be fairly quick work for the time being. At the end og the day they can even recreate the function because the starting point and diagnosis steps etc. cannot be hidden.

Another thing is of course where are we heading? With more and more module based repairs aka "change out big costly pieces - do not repair anything" the error code based repairs will eventually become simpler again. Add a dose of self-diagnostics and we are almost there. After all, cars are becoming more and more like household commodities. Glad I have a classic car or two ;-)

Old 06-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Sadly I think you are hopelessly naive and somewhat incorrect.

1. EU law does not ensure that, sadly
2. the reverse engineering is illegal and little has been done - especially for low volume cars

Old 09-18-2018, 03:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Wow. Stumbled on this thread today

if anyone is still monitoring this thread, you are the folks that have the knowledge to send me in the right direction for what ails my 2003 XKR . Every indi shop I've contacted regarding my computer problems has IGNORED my plead for help. I've got an ACC module to install and one system that was poorly reflashed. Apparently after that happened it was learned that the software is no longer available to fix it. I'm in the Atlanta GA area if anyone can give me a clue to who I can track out to. Still willing to spend on the old girl!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

Charbin the foundation has a PDU (functioning) a JDS (getting there need battery pack) and a WDS with all software updates. The WDS is new and came from the training center at Jaguar (NJ). I have used it on my 2003 car and it recognizes the VIN so yours should not be an issue. You are about 3 hours away and you are welcome to come use the machine. Here is the rub--we are learning and have had no formal training. We do have a retired Jaguar Tech. that you could work with to be there but that will be between you and him. If you are interested please reply privately for phone.

The following users liked this post:
Charbinjr (09-19-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IDS, SDD the naked truth