General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Jaguar Online Service History Website Error - Any Jag Tech that will help me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Jaguar Online Service History Website Error - Any Jag Tech that will help me?

I just brought a 1998 XJ8 with 200K miles on it home from auction. I am trying to work through a few problems that I am having. Other members are helping me in some other threads on this forum.

For a couple of the issues, the question arises of if certain service bulletins were addressed or not. I searched Google for Jaguar service history and found several different official Jaguar sites that all linked to the same page. After adding a security exemption for Firefox to allow me to view it, I repeatedly get an error message that the Online Service History is not available in my country (I tried both US-English & UK-English). I cannot even get as far as beginning to register.

What I specifically need to know is if the service bulletins for the water pump impeller and also for the throttle body were addressed. I am currently having problems with both the cooling system and the throttle performance and knowing if these are replacement units would be greatly helpful. My vehicle falls within the VIN range for both bulletins.

I do not specifically need the full history, but any and all info would be helpful. The car came with nothing but a single key and the pink slip.

Thanks in advance for any help and please forgive me if my request is out of line. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction otherwise.

Last edited by GGG; 01-08-2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Amend 'Oline' to Online' in thread title
Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

Call a local Jaguar dealer and ask if they can look at the DDW history on your car and if there are any open campaigns.
Give them the VIN and see what the search determines.

bob

Old 01-08-2017, 09:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast71SS
..... What I specifically need to know is if the service bulletins for the water pump impeller and also for the throttle body were addressed. .....
Aaron,

As Bob says, any Jaguar Dealer can print out warranty (service field actions) from the online DDW (Direct Dealer Warranty) system from your VIN.

However, even knowing the water pump and throttle body were or were not replaced is not going to make any difference if either have failed again. Both items are now out of extended warranty by many years.

The issues were the very early water pump impellers breaking up which was soon resolved by a redesign and throttle position sensors failing on the throttle bodies which was never resolved.

Graham

Old 01-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

One more thing about your newly acquired car.
I would advise you have more than one key!!!
Plenty of posts about owners 'whining' about how they lost the key or the key stopped working. Now the car is immobilized and needs to be hauled to the dealer etc.etc.etc.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

bob

P.S. I will almost guaranty that the original water pump has been replaced by now (200K miles).

Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok. Nevermind and thank you.

I tinkered with the car all day and determined that the cooling system was damaged with an improper coolant mixture and the throttle body is perfectly fine.