General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

new guy

Old 05-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink new guy

like to start off by saying hi to all, and if any one is ever in Branson mo hit me up for free tickets!!
any way first off, I'm so glad to have found this sight. The help has been more than helpful.
my story short and sweet. iv have cancer and MS and I wanted to make sure my little girl had a nice car just in case I wasn't here next yr. so I bought her a 2005 jaguar xjr super charged.
sad to say the guy I got it off was a crook to put it nicely - we took a buss 36 hr to get when we got there the car was nothing that he said it was. windshield broke, shocks not working, abs and tc light on head lights and fog lights weren't working and to make it worse 1 and a half hours from him we hit storms of bible proportions only to find out the wipers didn't work. found a fuse had been pulled so replaced it only to find out every time the wipers made a pass the motor died. well been home a week and found the short, wires behind head light were broke off. fixed the wipers, fog lights, shocks, abs and traction control. head light needs a new balance so waiting on that. in mean time working on sunroof have a 2000 ls that's the same. trying to see best way to get to the drivers side balancer. sunroof and a few other small things.
me and my daughter both love the car and found a lot of help on here. but I have searched the forms and read all I could find but cant find what I need.
the car go's into restricted performance at about 35 to 40 miles of driving, some times I can keep driving and it goes off some times not. the pcm gives no codes and cant find any other problems. doesn't seem to be ebrake or any thing else I can find, plugs are good no oil on cops - I'm lost!!! I see there a lot of people here that seem to know a great deal about these cars and any help would be much aprecheated. thanks in advanced.
troy or Moses is what most call me.