General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

Old 02-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius....stuck on Acquiring Signal

Hi there.
I apologize in advance for posting what some may feel is a non-relevant question, however, I am just trying to use all available resources for help.

There is a post here from a few years ago that talks about the same problem that I am having. Because that post is old, I am hoping that perhaps someone will have some new/fresh ideas on a solution.

Land Rover and Jaguar share many similarities. Posts on the Evoque forums have not yet yielded a solution for me.

I recently purchased a 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus.

The Sirius radio is stuck on "acquiring signal".
AM and FM work fine, but the Sirius doesn't play anything...not even the preview on channel 184.
It's stuck on channel 184 and the display says acquiring signal.

I transferred my subscription and Sirius says that it's a problem with the vehicle, maybe the antenna. I've talked with them several times....always the same response. It's not them, it's the car.
I've been searching online for similar issues, but I haven't found any that are specific to the Evoque.
I am aware of the bluetooth connectivity conflict and have made sure to not have bluetooth connected when attempting to activate Sirius.

What I'm thinking is that I need to reset the radio--completely clear everything, turn it on, and then resend the Sirius activation signal and see if it will pick it up.
I tried removing the entertainment system fuses, but that did not reset the system like I thought (or hoped) it would.

I've seen posts for other vehicles (ie Jaguar) to reset the system by disconnecting the battery cables, touching them together, waiting a bit, and then reconnecting.

I'm concerned about disconnecting the battery....will it have any ill effects on the car?
Does anyone know of another way to reset the radio?
Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.