Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged ECU Upgrade

By reprogramming the ECU, not only were we able to increase power for the Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engines, we were also able to remove the speed limiter, hesitation/flat spots, and raise the RPM all while improving fuel economy by 10-15%.

Total gains achieved by reprogramming only the ECU on the XJR/XKR/XF/S-Type R 4.2L Supercharged Jaguars is 25hp & 24lbs tq. By complementing the ECU tune with a pulley, gains are 55hp & 65+lbs tq.

For owners who are not accessible to any of our dealers, you are in luck. We are offering a new package where you will be able to reprogram your vehicle through the OBD II port in the comfort of your own home. The process is simple, safe, and easy. Contact us directly for more information.

Please inquire about any Jaguar model.

Contact the sales department for any questions or concerns.

Please obey all traffic laws. ECU Tuning Group does no encourage speeding.

The following 8 users liked this post by sales@ECU Tuning Group:
1 of 19 (05-04-2016), djdoug0341 (12-20-2014), gjjaguar (12-10-2013), m.w.l. (02-10-2016), rocknrollteddy (07-20-2015), Stuart S (02-15-2012), tommyd (02-22-2012), uropnm6 (02-15-2012) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

55 hp is 55 hp. I would like more, but I'll take what I can get. My question is, generally speaking, if I was to add a Quicksilver exhaust mod in addition to an ECU tune and pulley upgrade, is there any additional hp gained over the 55hp? Also, what type of intercooler mod would you recommend?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run into problems with a friend's jaguar S tpye, 2004 after pressure cleaning the engine with water. The engine seems to havr lost power & it's kind of misfiring too. Anyone who could quickly assist as to what we can do to fix the problem?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bklynchris
55 hp is 55 hp. I would like more, but I'll take what I can get. My question is, generally speaking, if I was to add a Quicksilver exhaust mod in addition to an ECU tune and pulley upgrade, is there any additional hp gained over the 55hp? Also, what type of intercooler mod would you recommend?
We always recommend using the Quicksilver exhaust system. Using this exhaust in conjunction with our ECU tune, expect to yield additional gains of 10hp & 14lbs tq. As for the intercooler upgrade, although it isn't necessary, it will definitely come in handy during those summer months. Usually we only recommend upgraded intercoolers to those using turbo systems. Another upgrade you might want to take a look at is BMC airfilters.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Sent an email to your sales address for a quote on this. If I upload the tune myself, I could return the tune to stock at any time with the 'tuner' you provide?

Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 09XFSUPER
Sent an email to your sales address for a quote on this. If I upload the tune myself, I could return the tune to stock at any time with the 'tuner' you provide?
Please check your inbox.

The ecu tune is completely undetectable to factory diagnostics. The 'tuner' we provide are for customers who are not accessible to any of our dealers. Even then, once they receive the tool and reprogram their car, they must return the reprogramming tool back to us. Being that you are in a different case, after having the vehicle tuned and you decide to remove it years later, just contact your dealer and they will be able to remove the tune 'no questions asked'.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cnkhoma
I have run into problems with a friend's jaguar S tpye, 2004 after pressure cleaning the engine with water. The engine seems to havr lost power & it's kind of misfiring too. Anyone who could quickly assist as to what we can do to fix the problem?

Don't do that. Jags don't like it. Just saying

Old 03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm very interested in your tune. I have a 2004 s type r with a overdriven eaton blower, alcohol injection and magnaflow exhaust. Is your tune a 1 size fits all thing or would I be able to request a few minor changes to get it to work better with my modified car?

You mention dealers. I'm located in so cal. Do you have any dealers near by? Have you worked on any forum members cars yet?

Finally, how much are the tunes? Feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss via pm. My car would be an interesting canidate to see what's possible hp wise with the common mods to the car.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by qwiketz
I'm very interested in your tune. I have a 2004 s type r with a overdriven eaton blower, alcohol injection and magnaflow exhaust. Is your tune a 1 size fits all thing or would I be able to request a few minor changes to get it to work better with my modified car?

You mention dealers. I'm located in so cal. Do you have any dealers near by? Have you worked on any forum members cars yet?

Finally, how much are the tunes? Feel free to pm me if you'd like to discuss via pm. My car would be an interesting canidate to see what's possible hp wise with the common mods to the car.
Thank you for your interest qwiketz, but unfortunately since we are not familiar with the upgraded parts currently installed on your vehicle, it would be difficult to tune your mod specific car.

Pricing on all tunes can be viewed on our website here.

As for other forum member's cars, yes we have worked on a numerous amount.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow, thats bummer because those are very common mods for these cars. The re-geared blower increases boost from 13 psi to 16.5 and alcohol injection assists in inter cooling and with octane. The re-gear is similar to using the euro toys lower pulley or using a 3lb pulley from the other various manufacturers that advertise here.

Does your tune add power by leaning out the air fuel ratio or by adding timing? Either way, alcohol injection would not be harmful. Itd be leaving power on the table but it wouldn't be harmful... I'm surprised you haven't run into this combo before.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

What are the advantages of you $1400.00 tweak, vs. installing a $69 chip that has the same hp gain claim as your system?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

I wonder the same thing as Sqeeter91, $1400 seems very steep. I had my Z06 Corvette custom tuned on a dyno by a very reputable shop for $500!

Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by 09XFSuper
I wonder the same thing as Sqeeter91, $1400 seems very steep. I had my Z06 Corvette custom tuned on a dyno by a very reputable shop for $500!
When I had my Corvette, there were all sorts of relatively economical tweaks including hand-held programmers like Hypertech, chips by several manufacturers, and tuning software like LT-Edit.

When I was researching cars prior to getting my XKR, I noticed that there were several install-it-yourself piggyback ecu boards for BMW's.

While I would think that developing some economical tuning software that could be used with a laptop would not be rocket science, sadly, there seems to be nothing like that for our Jaguars

Doug

Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

GF Performance chip claims up to 60 HP and it's only $69

The following users liked this post:
m.w.l. (02-10-2016)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

The GF chip looks like snake oil to me. Given that they advertise chips for virtually every vehicle in existence, I bet it is one of those generic chips that try to fool the ecu in some generic way and not really custom tuned to the particular vehicle.

What I am talking about is some programmer or software that is more specific to a vehicle where it permits you to make changes to such things as timing and fuel curves.

Doug

Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I would NOT use 1 of those $69 chips. Some just use a resistor in te MAF that tells the ECU its very cold out and advances the timing to make more power. Very bad things will happen in the hot summer months as you ca nimagine.
A complete re-map like ECU Tuning Group does is the way to go.
I think their price is a tad high for me but I still think I may dive in just cause I am a power junky!

The following users liked this post:
sales@ECU Tuning Group (03-14-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

I did see something that looked a bit more promising by Volo Performance where you added a board/chip to the obd port and downloaded a program to the ECU (apparently this is reversible) but googling turns up comments on both sides of the fence (either the product is junk or it is the best thing since sliced bread). Something like LT-Edit where you actually could see what you are doing on a laptop would be preferable.

Doug

Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I want to do the ECU tune, Pulley and Quicksilver exhaust for my '09 XKR. I was looking at your website and see that you offer Supersprint headers for the M5, do you also offer any type of headers for the XKR? I want the maximum HP I can get. Thank you.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
By reprogramming the ECU, not only were we able to increase power for the Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engines, we were also able to remove the speed limiter, hesitation/flat spots, and raise the RPM all while improving fuel economy by 10-15%.

Total gains achieved by reprogramming only the ECU on the XJR/XKR/XF/S-Type R 4.2L Supercharged Jaguars is 25hp & 24lbs tq. By complementing the ECU tune with a pulley, gains are 55hp & 65+lbs tq.

For owners who are not accessible to any of our dealers, you are in luck. We are offering a new package where you will be able to reprogram your vehicle through the OBD II port in the comfort of your own home. The process is simple, safe, and easy. Contact us directly for more information.

Please obey all traffic laws. ECU Tuning Group does no encourage speeding.
Sounds interesting. I noticed the Dyno Sheets page on your website, but did not see any for our Jaguar models. Can you please post them up, either on your site or here?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey Guys!

An ETG representative will be around Boston and Connecticut until Sunday. If any of you are interested in having your vehicles programmed, please contact me immediately.

Sorry for the short notice!

Kind regards,

ECU Tuning Group

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged ECU Upgrade