Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Forums very slow

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forums very slow

When I try to view the forums on my Windows PC, using either Internet Explorer or Firefox, the forums are painfully slow. I am running the latest versions of Flash. It is so slow that the webpage frequently freezes, I occasionally get messages that Flash has crashed, if I open more than one page then my browser locks up. This is the only website where I have this problem, and it does not appear to happen on my iPhone or on my Mac.

Is this a known issue? Any idea how I can go about fixing this? I suspect it is from the ads being loaded, because how resource intensive could plain text forums be? I'd like to see if I can find a resolution so that I can access the forums on my Windows laptop. Thank you

Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

I use a PC with Windows 10 / Firefox and Adblock Plus for the forum. Running 8 forum tabs, I don't usually have issues but the forum was loading very slowly last night and again this morning.

Closed down FF and restarted. Performance was immediately back to normal. Could be coincidence.

Graham