Mark V - X 420G 1948 - 1970

1954 Jaguar Mark VII for sale 3,000.00 SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts
Default 1954 Jaguar Mark VII for sale 3,000.00 SoCal

This car was being offered for sale awhile back on CL, then just showed up again. It is in the SoCal desert, near Palmdale. I would love to have a car like this, the seller stated that he drove it home from Riverside County. I communicated with the seller and he seems like a straight up guy.I am very interested in the car, but I still haven't sold my '96 Mustang and I haven't decided what to do with my XJS. I am thinking about it, but I want to put this out there if anyone else is interested. The seller stated that the Gran Torino in the background is also for sale. He didn't mention the Charger. I really like the first year Chargers. Take a look.
1954 Jaguar Mark VII

Old 03-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, how are you? I am new here. just to let you know I ended up buying this car. nothing the owner said is true, he never drove the car from river side and the car doesn't belong to him, it belongs to his wife, whos ex-husband who passed away was a classic car collector had over 85 classic cars, now they are only with 4 classics left. this guy managed to introduce this innocent woman to crack and she is sooo messed up she sold everything. I ended up taking the jaguar for $1100, car is full of rust, full of bondo, missing lots of parts. 70% of interior is missing. very sad. I hope I will be able to restore it. I don't even know where I can find parts for this.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Originally Posted by Saadallah
hi, how are you? I am new here. just to let you know I ended up buying this car. nothing the owner said is true, he never drove the car from river side and the car doesn't belong to him, it belongs to his wife, whos ex-husband who passed away was a classic car collector had over 85 classic cars, now they are only with 4 classics left. this guy managed to introduce this innocent woman to crack and she is sooo messed up she sold everything. I ended up taking the jaguar for $1100, car is full of rust, full of bondo, missing lots of parts. 70% of interior is missing. very sad. I hope I will be able to restore it. I don't even know where I can find parts for this.
Fortunately a lot of the mechanical and chassis/brake parts are common with the XK120/140/150 sports cars, which are well served spares-wise, so not so much of a problem as you might think. However new body panels and interior trim stuff is hard to find, even non-existent, but used items are out there somewhere !

Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm really sorry that the car was not as represented. Unfortunately the only way to check out the actual condition of any car is to see it in person. He told me that his Wife had sustained a serious head injury in an automobile collision, naturally I was very sympathetic to his situation. I never got the chance to see the car for myself. Well, I guess you thought that it was worth 1,100 dollars, which sounds about right. Worcester Classic Spares in England can send you a catalog of available new parts, as well as provide info on used parts that he can obtain for you. http://www.worcesterclassicspares.com[/URL]

One of the things that attracted me to this car was the manual transmission and bucket type seats.

I see parts cars show up on Craig's List on occasion. There is a wrecking yard in the Valley, Jaguar Heaven in Stockton, not too far from me that has several Marks in their inventory. My Son recognized the profiles of the cars from the road as he passed by. Good luck with your project and I hope you post progress reports on the forum. You can check out my progress on my blog.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rivguy
One of the things that attracted me to this car was the manual transmission and bucket type seats.
Which is something all the early Mk VIIs have I think.

Originally Posted by Rivguy
There is a wrecking yard in the Valley, Jaguar Heaven in Stockton, not too far from me that has several Marks in their inventory.
Do you know if a chrome rear window surround is still attached to one of them? And if so - can I ask you to buy it (if the price is not hundreds of dollars) and send it to me in the Netherlands? Long shot I know but I can always ask....